Author Topic: Jay-Z does 700K, Snoop does over 250K, 2Pac sells 164K and The Game falls behind  (Read 1809 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
fuck jay-z.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

wcsoldier

Jay sales ain't impressive regarding the promotion he had.... good for Snoop and Game gonna go platinum...
700,000 records in one week ain't impressive??!!!!! You internet niggas are str8 fucking stupid as fuck, what goes thru you nigga's minds? Hahaha.. Anything above 100,000 now a days is good for a rap album! If you've been looking at the numbers lately people have been averaging like 90 - 100K for the first week, only the mega pop stars do over 200,000.. And it has nothing to do with quality of the albums shit brains, it's peak season so more people by music around this time, plus if that was the case Jay-Z would of only sold two albums coz his shit sucks. It's all about star power and hype.
Lol calm down internet gangsta... 1st it's Jay-z who always sell lots od records, and then with the promotion he had, it has nothnig to be shocked about... and lol at you trying to teach me album sales isn't about quality coz :
1st I never said it was, 2nd I knew about it before you begin to post here so Shut the fuck up

wcsoldier

[quote author=R-Tistic link=topic=127817.msg1323252#msg1323252 date=1164810794

-I would never say Jay "flopped"....but for the amount of promotion he had, he should have gone fuckin platinum this week. I mean, who the hell else has EVER had 106 and Park say "fuck the regular show, lets let them perform 10 songs from their career and take up the whole episode"....then have Budweiser commercials....then have Danica Patrick in your video...then be on damn Monday Night Football....then have all the hype of being "retired" and "coming back" as evan the dude said? If Snoop had that much promotion, I think he would have sold more than Jay did, because he pulled 275 in the same week as Jay having all this hype, and he didn't have 10% of the promotion.
[/quote] exactly my thoughts...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
These charts ain't nuthin' but another piece of evidence to the fact that good music and sales don't go hand in hand. I know for damn sure Jay only had the biggest hype going for him, but his product can't back it up. Not this time. Can't knock the hustle though, and I guess selling the idea of a dope album to 700,00 people is a bigger hustle than an actual dope album.

Game's sales fell, but that was expected. No way he could've kept up with the new releases this week. But to be honest, I expected his sales to drop off even more this week.

Next week might be interesting. Who gains sales, who falls behind, who stays up there...

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
dam, the jay-z album sucks but got mad promotion and just look at the sales  :o

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol at people calling Jay-Z album wack.

I guess the Dubcc forum must hate on people that are on top.

$Eg2$

^^^ LOL @ you

westkoastanostra

I thought u knew? its always been that way...its always gonna be that way...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Man, that ain't true. When 50 dropped his first major, the forum loved it. Snoop is constantly on top, and he gets love here. Game's a major in the game, he gets love here.

Everybody gets love when they drop something hot. Black Album brought the love for Jay, this new shit doesn't. And nobody can deny the fact that Jay had huge hype once again that helped him push major units.

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Not surprised that Jay sold big, he had all the powers of Def Jam pushin that album, so he woz always gonna sell big, plus KC is a dope album imo!

Snoops numbers are pretty good seen as he was pretty much self promotin with a little help frm Geffen!

Games still sellin pretty solidly, not sure if he gonna make that 5m tho!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
Some people might not realize that when an artists does huge numbers it takes away from the other artists. If Game had dropped a month earlier he might have been better off with less competition from snoop, jay and akon who all have major radio play behind them. He might have been plat already.

Game also did not make a pop (aka radio friendly) album. Most artists want to load the pipe with radio singles but DA is not a singles album.

I still think he dropped Strip Club (which is the most radio friendly cut) too soon and leaking the album was a poor decision because I would guess it might result in 100K more sales off the bat since a lot of people will buy a CD but if they already have it downloaded they get lazy.

Right now he needs to get another single out the door QUICK to get that Christmas rush. I don't know whats taking so long.

But whatever, he might go platinum in a month or two if he's lucky

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Man, that ain't true. When 50 dropped his first major, the forum loved it. Snoop is constantly on top, and he gets love here. Game's a major in the game, he gets love here.

Everybody gets love when they drop something hot. Black Album brought the love for Jay, this new shit doesn't. And nobody can deny the fact that Jay had huge hype once again that helped him push major units.

Well Snoop and Game are from Westcoast so....

Im postive that if Game did Jay/50/Em numbers he'd get hated on too. That would mean he'd be on radio 24/7, he'd be even more cocky and everyone would be tired of his songs.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Some people might not realize that when an artists does huge numbers it takes away from the other artists. If Game had dropped a month earlier he might have been better off with less competition from snoop, jay and akon who all have major radio play behind them. He might have been plat already.

Game also did not make a pop (aka radio friendly) album. Most artists want to load the pipe with radio singles but DA is not a singles album.

I still think he dropped Strip Club (which is the most radio friendly cut) too soon and leaking the album was a poor decision because I would guess it might result in 100K more sales off the bat since a lot of people will buy a CD but if they already have it downloaded they get lazy.

Right now he needs to get another single out the door QUICK to get that Christmas rush. I don't know whats taking so long.

But whatever, he might go platinum in a month or two if he's lucky

Not radio frinedly ? Are you kidding me ?

He basically had all your MTVs hottest producer --> Kanye, Blaze, Storch, Will.I.Am... He basically stayed in the comfort zone, with the producers that have most mainstream appeal at the moment. He also had some radio friendly joints like  Lets Ride, Too Much, Wouldnt Get Far, Around The World. But dont confuse no raido frinedly tracks, with not being able to make a hit out of popular melodys.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Well Snoop and Game are from Westcoast so....

Im postive that if Game did Jay/50/Em numbers he'd get hated on too. That would mean he'd be on radio 24/7, he'd be even more cocky and everyone would be tired of his songs.

Indeed, success breeds hate - as does saturation...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network