Author Topic: Jay-Z does 700K, Snoop does over 250K, 2Pac sells 164K and The Game falls behind  (Read 1852 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well Snoop and Game are from Westcoast so....

Im postive that if Game did Jay/50/Em numbers he'd get hated on too. That would mean he'd be on radio 24/7, he'd be even more cocky and everyone would be tired of his songs.

Indeed, success breeds hate - as does saturation...

I think it's more of the saturation, really. Nobody wants to see the same face everywhere all the time, and nobody can keep fresh when they're everywhere all the time. 50 oversaturated the market with himself so fast it was ridiculous.

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
Not radio frinedly ? Are you kidding me ?

He basically had all your MTVs hottest producer --> Kanye, Blaze, Storch, Will.I.Am... He basically stayed in the comfort zone, with the producers that have most mainstream appeal at the moment. He also had some radio friendly joints like  Lets Ride, Too Much, Wouldnt Get Far, Around The World. But dont confuse no raido frinedly tracks, with not being able to make a hit out of popular melodys.

WTF are you thinking about? I dont agree that "MTVs hottest producers" automatically = radio friendly. To me the lyrics and performer have more to do with it than who did the music. I guarantee if you give me the hottest beat in the universe right now and ask me to spit over it, I'd be lucky to go wood.

With the exception of Snoops mega pop bubblegum collabos, the radio is just not feeling (aka "friendly to") real gangsta rappers right now.

Narrator

^^^ LOL @ you

LOL at YOU, kid...you're the one who thinks Ja Rule is dope.

Hectic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 60,000 RECORDS SOLD OUT THE TRUNK!!!!
^^that was janky :-X

Chief

Some people might not realize that when an artists does huge numbers it takes away from the other artists. If Game had dropped a month earlier he might have been better off with less competition from snoop, jay and akon who all have major radio play behind them. He might have been plat already.

Game also did not make a pop (aka radio friendly) album. Most artists want to load the pipe with radio singles but DA is not a singles album.

I still think he dropped Strip Club (which is the most radio friendly cut) too soon and leaking the album was a poor decision because I would guess it might result in 100K more sales off the bat since a lot of people will buy a CD but if they already have it downloaded they get lazy.

Right now he needs to get another single out the door QUICK to get that Christmas rush. I don't know whats taking so long.

But whatever, he might go platinum in a month or two if he's lucky

Not radio frinedly ? Are you kidding me ?

He basically had all your MTVs hottest producer --> Kanye, Blaze, Storch, Will.I.Am... He basically stayed in the comfort zone, with the producers that have most mainstream appeal at the moment. He also had some radio friendly joints like  Lets Ride, Too Much, Wouldnt Get Far, Around The World. But dont confuse no raido frinedly tracks, with not being able to make a hit out of popular melodys.

game groupies are worse than crack heads.

MediumL

Jay has done amazing, fuck what you say about his promotion. 700,000 loads! Snoop doing well, nice album he dropped and game is doing good although he looks real stupid now sayin he was gonna outsell the documentry.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol at people calling Jay-Z album wack.

I guess the Dubcc forum must hate on people that are on top.

kingdom come is easily jay's worst album...he just sounds bored and old...half of the songs on the album is garbage...got about maybe 2 good songs...the intro is dope...shit is like a 3 mic album at best...

jay-z 06 = jordan in the wizards

he should've just retired with the black album...but then he had to come back and now he's just a shadow of what he used to be...

XaNdEr

kingdom come is easily jay's worst album...he just sounds bored and old...half of the songs on the album is garbage...got about maybe 2 good songs...the intro is dope...shit is like a 3 mic album at best...

he should've just retired with the black album...but then he had to come back and now he's just a shadow of what he used to be...

real talk

this album sucks, bacl album was way better, with or without dre this album is a bad end...he shud have stayed away from the mic ::)

Chief

thats not what the sales say though.

youngmessnucca

Game needs a nakid picture of Mya inside his cover.

but yea, i think phillyboy is somewhere laughin right now.  Game really needs to push a good single...which i just dont see, IMO.

LOL, he needs to do 482,692 in 4 weeks =120,673K a week. I told yall that it wasn;t gonna happen, and it's not even about Game, it's about record sales in general!

The irony is that a couple tracks on here have grown on me quite a bit lol.

youngmessnucca

Definitley. People can be real hypocritical on here most of the time without even realizing it. It really seems like people are jealous, and making up excuses becuase he outsold Game's 1st 2 weeks in one. Don't hate on Jay-Z, just be glad that Game is as big as he is now.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!

i'm talking about in terms of his skill...rapping? read my post again if your still confused.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG

i'm talking about in terms of his skill...rapping? read my post again if your still confused.

lol at people passing judgement based on record sales.. i don't agree with you, but i respect that you're critiquing the music, and not the retail chains..

if we want to talk about SALES, then someone can easily point out that a majority of people who 'outsold' game this past week was because their albums went on a "black friday" sale... For example, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce's albums went from 14.99 to $9.99 at many major retailers..