Author Topic: Hot 107.9 Bans Young Buck's Music - Jumped Dj Will For Playing "One Blood"  (Read 301 times)

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I'm just hearing about this today, but word is Hot 107.9 station management has banned Young Buck's music from it's playlist after the rapper allegedly jumped one of the station's DJ's. The fisticuffs took place at Club Nocturnal this past Sunday (11/26). Sources say Buck took exception to DJ Will spinning The Game's hit single "One Blood" and stepped to him. Reportedly, DJ Will told Buck, "This is Atlanta! I play all kinds of music. I'm not catering to you!"

New York prosecutors recently dropped weapons charges against Young Buck and he is currently on three years probation for stabbing a man with a fork during the 2004 VIBE Awards show. One of my reader's hit me up with this email about the incident:

"Ok this past Sunday at Club Nocturnal in Atlanta G-Unit Artist Young Buck allegedly swung on Hot 1079's Dj Will because he was playing The Game's "One Blood." And now down at Hot 1079, I was down there yesterday, there are signs posted along the studios to not play any music by Young Buck.. Is it really that serious Buck? But anywho I just wanted to make u aware of this if you didnt already know.. Keep it up!"

I spoke to DJ Will by phone this afternoon and he confirmed the incident. The popular Atlanta DJ has hired an attorney and he plans to pursue a lawsuit against Young Buck.

http://www.sandrarose.com/news.htm

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hot 107.9 Bans Young Buck's Music - Jumped Dj Will For Playing "One Blood"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »
dumb move by buck

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »
thats childish if that was the reason

Chief

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
^childish? he's keepin it gangsta..

$Eg2$

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 12:14:46 PM »
................ Waiting for Detox to defend buck . :laugh:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
the funny part is that dickhead probably has Game's cd in his car anyway.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »
If this is infact true than Buck is a retard. And we just got another conformation that this beefs is one of the worst and idiotic in rap history.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
 recent incident in Atlanta involving Young Buck has prompted one of the city's radio stations to blacklist the Tennessee rapper from ever being played again.

According to SOHH sources, on Sunday (November 26) Young Buck (born David Darnell Brown) performed in Atlanta's Club Nocturnal. After his performance, Buck announced he had some business to handle with Hot 107.9 DJ Will, who was deejaying prior to Buck hitting the stage. Apparently, Buck did not take kindly to Will's decision to play The Game's single "It's Ok (One Blood)" earlier that night, so he headed to the booth and reportedly grabbed DJ Will by his shirt. Although DJ Will stood up for himself, he was outnumbered by members of Buck's entourage who jumped in. As a result, Hot 107.9 program director Jerry Smokin' B has banned Young Buck from the station's playlist.

While the incident has already negatively affected Young Buck's Atlanta airplay, the rapper could also be in serious trouble with the law. As SOHH previously reported, Buck is currently on probation as a result of charges stemming from his role in the violence that occurred at the 2004 Vibe Awards.

This incident could also spell trouble for G-Unit's relationship with Lil Jon's BME Recordings because DJ Will is also employed by BME as a DJ for Jon. G-Unit and BME recently entered a partnership that involves the cross promotion of artists including Lil' Scrappy.

This isn't the first time in recent weeks that the G-Unit/Game beef has caused problems in Atlanta. According to sources, Game was involved in a minor altercation with another Hot 107.9 DJ, King Arthur, at an afterparty he hosted following the BET Hip-Hop Awards.

Although during the show The Game announced that he was no longer beefing with 50 Cent, he apparently still took offense when King Arthur played a song by G-Unit because he approached the DJ and the two got into an altercation.

At press time, representatives for both Interscope Records and Atlanta's Hot 107.9 declined comment.

Game and GUnit --> reatrds

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 12:51:21 PM »
Ok, fuck it, Imma say it now. Niggas is wack. That's how you lose street cred.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
Before playing One Blood:

Buck  =  :pirate:
DJ     =  :)

When playing One Blood:

Buck  =  :rubeyes:
DJ     =  :poke:

After playing One Blood:

Buck =  :baseballbat: ...  :-[
DJ    =  :whistle: ... ;D

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »
Great example of how radio politics work right there.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
Before playing One Blood:

Buck  =  :pirate:
DJ     =  :)

When playing One Blood:

Buck  =  :rubeyes:
DJ     =  :poke:

After playing One Blood:

Buck =  :baseballbat: ...  :-[
DJ    =  :whistle: ... ;D