Author Topic: Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (VIDEO LINK YOUTUBE)  (Read 792 times)

West Coast Veteran

Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (VIDEO LINK YOUTUBE)
« on: November 29, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

Video is nice.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (VIDEO LINK YOUTUBE)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »
Mad Props.  I was just searching for this about 20 mins ago.  I was pissed cuz I missed it on Access Granted tonight.

I'll check it and drop some feedback...

*EDIT*

Great video.  He could have taken it lots of ways, but I like the way he took it.  Kept the imagery simple so that it didn't take anything away from the song and it's message.  I really like this song.  Nobody else with mainstream exposure drops singles like this.  I can't wait to buy this shit on Dec. 19th.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:57:22 PM by Jrome Still Shut Em Down »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »
I thought I'd post the feed directly.  Hope thats cool with you!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T82Pj625bnM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T82Pj625bnM</a>

H. Chad

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »
yeah give us the low down on the vid. im on dial up here and cant view anythin from youtube. So with the vid for the lead single out 20 days before the announced release date. do u reckon its still gonna fall on that date or get pushed back. i reckon with the number of tracks that have leaked its gonna have to drop dec 19
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:00:06 PM by H. Chad »

rik

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 07:54:14 PM »
Mad Props.  I was just searching for this about 20 mins ago.  I was pissed cuz I missed it on Access Granted tonight.

I'll check it and drop some feedback.

Same here bro. I forgot all about it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 08:11:20 PM »
yeah give us the low down on the vid. im on dial up here and cant view anythin from youtube. So with the vid for the lead single out 20 days before the announced release date. do u reckon its still gonna fall on that date or get pushed back. i reckon with the number of tracks that have leaked its gonna have to drop dec 19

I think it's gonna drop.  We now got the official single /video and Def Jam absolutely wants the sales before the year is out.  Christmas yields sales spikes anyway so everybody releasing around this time is gonna push slightly higher numbers than the might if they released any other time of the year.

Anyway to the video.  It starts out with prelude brining us up to speed to the current situation.  Just like in the Star Wars movie text rolls from the bottom and fades off into oblivion towards the top of the screen.  The premise is that the government has abolished Hip Hop - anybody claiming that they are an MC will receive the worst punishment possible.

The majority of the vid is Nas performing in a dark & dank warehouse kinda like he's hiding out from the law.  You see lots of microphones hanging from the ceiling, as well as recording equipment.  Also, on a table are thousands of presumeably cd booklets for his new album.  He's got a group of people recording his raps and putting them on wax (cd's), putting in the cd inserts and pushing his cd's like its illegal contraban.  They're all dressed in black - parallel to like a major drug kingpin.

All the while the feds are tracking him, hunting him down.

Then at the end when Nas drops those last 16 or so over nothing but drums & crowd chants is he dressed in like a 3 piece suit like a president speaking to the masses that are down with his cause. 

I'm sure I missed some shit but that's it in a nutshell.

herpes

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »
dope video

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »
Great video.  He could have taken it lots of ways, but I like the way he took it.  Kept the imagery simple so that it didn't take anything away from the song and it's message.  I really like this song.  Nobody else with mainstream exposure drops singles like this.  I can't wait to buy this shit on Dec. 19th.

Jakubs

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16:47 PM »
Props for the link. Does anyone know who that is that shakes Nas' hand while he's standing on stage at the end of the video?
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »
Props for the link. Does anyone know who that is that shakes Nas' hand while he's standing on stage at the end of the video?

Hard to tell...Jungle?

rik

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »
Nice video. Yall notice how he says NYC, Dirty South, West Coast... I guess he did that so it wouldn't cause more friction between the East and South.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 03:06:17 AM »
who top 10, mc shan? or mc Ren

that was dope

shoutin out Ren

that video was cool, nice n chill

cant wait for the album to drop!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 03:45:58 AM »
Props, that was a dope video indeed.

Im glad Def Jam didnt try to change or some bs like that, its obvius theyre not going for the sales on this one.

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 06:28:51 AM »
dope track, dope video

props for the link

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:25:51 AM »
dope track, dope video

props for the link
NO MORE WAR