Author Topic: Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (VIDEO LINK YOUTUBE)  (Read 791 times)

d-nice

Re: Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (VIDEO LINK YOUTUBE)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
Nice video. Yall notice how he says NYC, Dirty South, West Coast... I guess he did that so it wouldn't cause more friction between the East and South.

Nas has always given it up to the South. That Favor For A Favor song with Scarface on I Am was classic. He was giving props to The Product earlier in the year when they album dropped and they talking about Nas being on their next album.

Raphael

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
dope track, dope video

props for the link

Invincible

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »
If that is Will.I.Am with the background lyrics i don't feel they were needed.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »
it's an allright track.. i like the video..

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 12:57:05 PM »
I really liked the song before, now I LOVE it with the video.Dope concept, and we gotta give props to Nas for making this kind of a track his first single.Like Jrome said, ain't nobody in mainstream Hip-Hop doing it like that

Props for the link
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:24:21 PM by eazye »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »
nice vid. its got that old school feel. Wats up with the major censouring? fucks the song up

Criminal656

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »
^^^^^^SIMON, THIS VIDEO IS TIGHT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO DROP. BEEN WAITING ON THIS FOR A LONG TIME  8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 02:15:52 PM »
Props, that was a dope video indeed.

Im glad Def Jam didnt try to change or some bs like that, its obvius theyre not going for the sales on this one.

Huh?  They're not going for sales on this one?  How about they're not gunning for the fuckin teeny bop crowd on this one.  The gave Nas $10 million just to sign with them.  You think they're not looking for sales?

Criminal656

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 02:21:33 PM »

Im glad Def Jam didnt try to change or some bs like that, its obvius theyre not going for the sales on this one.

Huh?  They're not going for sales on this one?  How about they're not gunning for the fuckin teeny bop crowd on this one.  The gave Nas $10 million just to sign with them.  You think they're not looking for sales?

I THINK IT'LL SELL, I MEAN NAS IS RECOGNIZED AND I THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NOT TRENDY

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 02:39:29 PM »

Considering that they dropped the video 2 weeks before release date, he has basically no promotion and the video is not on some high budget shit Im sceptical about it. But we'll see how things turn out.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »

Considering that they dropped the video 2 weeks before release date, he has basically no promotion and the video is not on some high budget shit Im sceptical about it. But we'll see how things turn out.

Well of course he's gonna get a fraction of the promotion that Jay gave himself from Def Jam.  And damn near everybody well outside of Hip Hop were exposed to some Jay promo - Budweiser, Monday Night Football, Time magazine, etc.  But most Hip Hop fans know that Nas is dropping, and he did get on access granted on BET.

Don't get me wrong, there's no way Nas comes close to Jay's first week numbers, but to say it's obvious Def Jam isn't going for sales on this one is crazy. 

And you can have all the promotion in the world, and the highest budget videos,  and it still doesn't directly translate into sales. 

I think you buy into the propaganda that only a certain type of audience purchases albums, and no one else.  Industry heads want people to believe that so they can justify their position of putting out simplistic formulaic bullshit marketed strictly to one audience over and over with no consequence.  They know exactly what they're doing.  But the quality of the music has suffered BIG TIME because of that, and anybody with an ear for music whatsoever would realize it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »
clever concept
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 06:13:21 PM »
this song is fuckin sick

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »
Nice video. Yall notice how he says NYC, Dirty South, West Coast... I guess he did that so it wouldn't cause more friction between the East and South.

Nas has always given it up to the South. That Favor For A Favor song with Scarface on I Am was classic. He was giving props to The Product earlier in the year when they album dropped and they talking about Nas being on their next album.

favor for a favor i remember that track but i cant think of it, oif someone could hook it up???

The new nas album should be sick, props for the hook up on the video.

kaptainslapaho

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »

OR MAYBE THAT WAS THERE TO BEGIN WITH
"BIRDS FLY UPSIDE DOWN OVER YOUR HEAD CAUSE YOU AINT WORTH SHITTING ON"