Author Topic: Snoop's Blue Carpet Treatment sales are looking weak for first week.....  (Read 679 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop's Blue Carpet Treatment sales are looking weak for first week.....
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 03:27:08 AM »
the album will def go platinum :)

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 03:38:03 AM »
Does anybody have the first week sales of his previous albums?
I think R&G was close to 200,000.  Paid Tha Cost barely did 100,000 in the first week.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 03:46:19 AM »
he'll go platinum easy, 2x may be hard

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 04:35:28 AM »
jay also had a fake retirement comeback gimmick for his album and promoted the crap outta the album with world series commercials, whereas snoop doesnt even have his breakout single yet (like beautiful or drop it like its hot). then again, 'da game is to be told not to be sold' sold 519 k first week, and that didnt have a breakout single either so who knows..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 04:39:37 AM by Halu Sination »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:01 AM »
man i hope y'all dont think 700k people actually went out and copped jiggas album, the man is runnin the whole of def jam basically foo, he sold mo than justin timberlake, jiggas numbers for a few weeks gon be misleading because his own company and peoples gone be buying 50 k copies each.....he the boss, he just doing what everyone else would do, but i wouldnt be praising him to much on sales, shit jimmy iovine would go platinum if he released an album, i hope y'all dont think a million people wold cop his record though

snoop numbers are good but its harder to keep momentum now like it was befo

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 05:20:24 AM »
all i know is that snoop needs to push a second single fast or he aint movin platinum....his last 2 albums went platinum due to his singles blowin up...

LOL. That's That explode this week. It jumped from #85 to #20 in the single charts. I think that will be the record that he needed to get his record a certified success in mainstream. And don't forget that Akon is on #1 for the second week with "I Wanna Fuck U" and Snoop is featured and it's also on his record. That's great for Snoop. I'm awaiting the video for Candy now  8)
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »
R@G sold 225k tha first week and 200k tha second.  paid tha cost did like 164k first week i think but im not sure

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 11:09:14 AM »
Thats the most Snoop did first week since Last Meal....Very good numbers for Snoop.  And like he said, its not where you start the race, its where you finish it!  Snoop will prolly go double plat with BCT ( or close to 2x)

I doubt that..........Justin hasn't even gone double plat yet, and that album is being played to death on radio stations.

Sales are down for everyone this year in general, if snoop goes plat, i say it's a success

And watch Jigga's number drop HARD in the 2nd week

kalliweed

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
I can agree with u muthafuckaz on the board..i see that most ya'll wise..jay-z is good in promoting jay-z as what ll cool j said,,680 muthafuckaz didnt buy jay-z album..its all a hype..he had a world tour and this comeback bullshit!..over all record sales are not doing that great this year..first week sales dont mean shit..as far as snoops album first week sales..doggystyle=830,doggfather=480,the game to be sold=550,top dog=180,last meal=384,paid the cost=dont remember..lol..r & g=220 and umm tbct=260..u never know what can happen with all the exposure snoops been gettin..he as 2 mega hits on billboard right now and umm shit i think 260 is good compare to all those other rappaz out there..snoop been around since 91..he will definately hit plat..NOW "CANDY" IS ON THE RISE
..THAT SONG IS HOT..I WASNT FEELIN IT AT FIRST BUT CARS BE BUMPIN DAT SHIT IN MIAMI HARD..THEY PLAYIN THAT SHIT LIKE THEY ALREADY HAD A VIDEO OUT ON IT.

DENUM BLUE

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
To all who voiced their opions on this thread, good looking on keeping it real from all aspects! I still go by my statement on the thread but the weeks ahead will determen on the total numbers of sales for both albums......Chuuuch! www.myspace.com/denumbluesmuzikpage - www.myspace.com/meechwells