Author Topic: Busta Rhymes Already Revving Up Next LP  (Read 349 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Busta Rhymes Already Revving Up Next LP
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:34:49 AM »
Busta Rhymes says there's no way he will ever take three years to make an album again.

"Hell no!" he said recently, when asked about the looooong gap between the release of It Ain't Safe No More in late 2002 and The Big Bang earlier this year. "That's one thing you're never gonna see again. The new album is coming, like, around early second quarter next year. It's called Before Hell Freezes Over."

Bus said he'll be working with a lot of longtime collaborators as well as some people he's never had the chance to get down with before.

"You're gonna get your traditional Busta Rhymes-and-Pharrell collabo," he said. "My man Focus from the Aftermath crew; [Dr.] Dre; the late, great Jay Dilla got work on the album (a.k.a. Jay Dee). It's gonna be great — look forward to the new bang-out."

While Busta's last bang-out, The Big Bang, didn't sell as well as he'd hoped, Busta said he loved the positive reception the album's musical quality received. The LP debuted at #1 but quickly slid down the charts in the wake of negative press surrounding the February shooting death of Rhymes' longtime friend and bodyguard, Israel Ramirez, during the filming of the video for the song "Touch It".

"The album was acknowledged the right way," Busta emphasized. "A lot of people categorize it as 'Busta Rhymes, put on your classic boots and jump around in the field of the classic material product and projects.' I think it was the first time in my whole career that people really [said], 'Yo, this is that classic one, Bus.' It feels good.

"At the end of the day, people identify with the grind and see that Busta Rhymes is a whole lot of steps in front of these regular artists," he concluded. "I ain't saying that to be disrespectful, I'm saying that to be inspiring."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Busta Rhymes Already Revving Up Next LP
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »
Was just about to post this. Dope title, I doubt it'll drop next year though, probably 2008.

Big Bang was a near classic, no "I Love My Bitch" and push backs for 4 months this time please.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
i knew that "devil's cry" was a lie....i aint anticipating this Anytime...cuz it aint dropping any time soon....unless busta pulls a game and switches labels.... ???

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »
Fuckin' YES!!!

But I liked 'Devil's Cry' better for the title.

'Busta Rhymes says there's no way he will ever take three years to make an album again.'
Nice.

Chief

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »
fucken aye.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 01:27:04 PM »
Busta rhyme's record was probably my favorite of the yea, cant wait for this one. I love my bitch i hated at first but u know what. i like it now.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 01:28:40 PM »
here we go!  get ready to wait another 5 years.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 01:43:49 PM »
Soundin gud! Doubt it will drop 2nd quarter nxt year tho, especially if Dre is involved!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

rik

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »
can't wait til 2010

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 02:21:02 PM »
Busta Bust !

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »
no way on hell he dropping next year. With Stat ment to comming next year, Bishop and Dre, and Gage said he was droping next year as well.

flipmode123

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »
great news! guess it will be out late 07/early 08