Author Topic: 50 Cent, Almost Ready To Self Destruct  (Read 890 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: 50 Cent, Almost Ready To Self Destruct
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »
21 questions = heat..........

candy shop = garbage

people can make joints for the chicks and it still be dope.........like detox said, it did its job, but the fact the album was also garbage puts the album into dust

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 01:03:42 PM »
Nobody is doubting the business tactics of 50 Cent making a 'chick song' so he can sell records.. 

MC Hammer did the same thing, he made lots of tracks for the girls and dancers and he sold lots of records.. Should he be considered a hip hop/rap legend? Should he be next to 2pac and Biggie since he sold a shit load of records?

The point i'm trying to make is that 50 Cent is not selling 11 million records with good hip hop music, he doing it with pop shit.  Candy Shop, Just A Lil Bit are in the same category as "ice ice baby" and "here comes the hammer". lol 50 is so worried about record sales that he would never put out a hip hop classic if he had the ability to. So he makes me wonder if he is still an hip hop artist or just another Puff Daddy.

And the point Im trying to make is that almost every commercial rapper is trying to do the same but fail to do so. Its not like 50 Cent is the only one who dumbed down his 1st singles to appeal to mainstream. Other than Nas, I cant really think of other succesfull commercial rappers that havent made a garbage/ pop 1st single or a track. The differnce between them and lets say 50, Em, Jay is that they sell huge with these joints and others flop. Take Bustas "I Lovwe My Chick" for example. If that would have blown up like Candy Shop did he'd get hated on like crazy too. But he only went gold and everybody quickly forgot about it.

Dr Dre - Fuck with Dre Day
Snoop - Whats my name
2pac- California Love
Jay-Z - Aint No Nigga
Eminem- My name is
Jay-Z - Show me what you got
The Game- Westside Story
The Game- One Blood
Kanye's singles are quality
Common's
Mobb Deep
(i had a bigger list, but my comp froze on me lol)

anyways, i feel what you are saying. There's nothing wrong with creating a radio friendly single to get your album promoted.. But theres a difference between a pop star and a hip hop artist.

Britney Spears can come out and rap on every track of her new album and i bet you it'll sell over 10 million copies. Does that make her a hip hop artist? Can someone like her put out an album as quality and deep as Jay-Z's Black Album or 2pac's 7 Day Theory Album? As I listen to 50 Cent more and more, he seems like he is going away from his ability to put out a good hip hop album. If Jimmy Iovine told 50 Cent that country music would sell 12 million records, i bet 50 Cent would have 10 country tracks recorded the next day. He admitted his switch in the song "In Da Club". People have the same feelings for Snoop Dogg, lol, even his son told him that he wasn't spitting right anymore.. Unfortunately, 50 Cent doesn't have a little son to tell him that he aint rapping good no more. He around a bunch of yes-men who kiss up to him so they can get their albums released.

I don't think 50 Cent will ever say "i'm just going to put out a top-quality album, i dont care about the sales because i make millions already".. all 50 Cent will ever say is "Last year i sold 10 million records, so this year i'm going to try to sell 11 million records" or "The rapper is wack, he only went gold. i'm better because i outsold him"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »
Nobody is doubting the business tactics of 50 Cent making a 'chick song' so he can sell records.. 

MC Hammer did the same thing, he made lots of tracks for the girls and dancers and he sold lots of records.. Should he be considered a hip hop/rap legend? Should he be next to 2pac and Biggie since he sold a shit load of records?

The point i'm trying to make is that 50 Cent is not selling 11 million records with good hip hop music, he doing it with pop shit.  Candy Shop, Just A Lil Bit are in the same category as "ice ice baby" and "here comes the hammer". lol 50 is so worried about record sales that he would never put out a hip hop classic if he had the ability to. So he makes me wonder if he is still an hip hop artist or just another Puff Daddy.

And the point Im trying to make is that almost every commercial rapper is trying to do the same but fail to do so. Its not like 50 Cent is the only one who dumbed down his 1st singles to appeal to mainstream. Other than Nas, I cant really think of other succesfull commercial rappers that havent made a garbage/ pop 1st single or a track. The differnce between them and lets say 50, Em, Jay is that they sell huge with these joints and others flop. Take Bustas "I Lovwe My Chick" for example. If that would have blown up like Candy Shop did he'd get hated on like crazy too. But he only went gold and everybody quickly forgot about it.

Dr Dre - Fuck with Dre Day
Snoop - Whats my name
2pac- California Love
Jay-Z - Aint No Nigga
Eminem- My name is
The Game- Westside Story
The Game- One Blood
Common's
Mobb Deep

anyways, i feel what you are saying. There's nothing wrong with creating a radio friendly single to get your album promoted.. But theres a difference between a pop star and a hip hop artist.

Britney Spears can come out and rap on every track of her new album and i bet you it'll sell over 10 million copies. Does that make her a hip hop artist? Can someone like her put out an album as quality and deep as Jay-Z's Black Album or 2pac's 7 Day Theory Album? As I listen to 50 Cent more and more, he seems like he is going away from his ability to put out a good hip hop album. If Jimmy Iovine told 50 Cent that country music would sell 12 million records, i bet 50 Cent would have 10 country tracks recorded the next day. He admitted his switch in the song "In Da Club". People have the same feelings for Snoop Dogg, lol, even his son told him that he wasn't spitting right anymore.. Unfortunately, 50 Cent doesn't have a little son to tell him that he aint rapping good no more. He around a bunch of yes-men who kiss up to him so they can get their albums released.

I don't think 50 Cent will ever say "i'm just going to put out a top-quality album, i dont care about the sales because i make millions already".. all 50 Cent will ever say is "Last year i sold 10 million records, so this year i'm going to try to sell 11 million records" or "The rapper is wack, he only went gold. i'm better because i outsold him"

Preach.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 03:26:44 PM »

Dr Dre - Fuck with Dre Day that was in 93 lol, times were completley different then
Snoop - Whats my name watch above
2pac- California Love above
Jay-Z - Aint No Nigga above
Eminem- My name is above
The Game- Westside Story not 1st single
The Game- One Blood bot 1st single
Common's hes not commercial
Mobb Deep

50 DOES talk about the sales too much. But the dude sold amazing numbers. At least he has the right to brag about it and trust me on this EVERY rapper would do the same shit. Were talking about peoples with gigantic egoes here.

And you guys are acting like all 50s singles are crappy.. He had Wanksta, In Da Club, 21 Questions, Pimp remix, If I Cant, Many Men, Outta Control remix, Piggy Banks which I all consider dope singles. Candy Shop and Lil Bit were wack but they served their purpose -  being catchy.