Author Topic: "Paid Tha Cost..." is overlooked  (Read 356 times)

Narrator

Re: "Paid Tha Cost..." is overlooked
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 09:47:20 PM »
I liked this album, though not quite as much as his last two No Limit albums or Tha Eastsidaz albums.  People hate on it too much cause of "Beautiful", but besides that and a couple fillers, it's a good record.

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 11:05:07 PM »
this shit was a hot album 8) 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
I still think that album is ass. I was so pissed when i bought it that I sold it to some kid for 5 bucks just so that I could recoup some of my losses.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 11:36:08 PM »
it was ok. it just gotted hatted on like everything new on this forum; then a few years later looked upon as a classic

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 12:05:19 AM »
It's a decent album.

The beats for the intro, Stoplight, Ballin, and to The Beach to Brick City are bangers.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

WestCoasta

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:11 AM »
ya I was just mentioning that it's got some keepers on there, not sayin it's a classic or anything

just seems like for some reason when people think of that record it goes hand in hand with R&G in terms of crappy material

for sure has got a few lame cuts but lots of good Snoop Dogg tracks overall.... to me the last real Snoop album

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 12:45:03 AM »
after R&G, I liked this album way more and it still sounds quite good

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 12:47:33 AM »
one of his weakest cds, but there is still some dope songs

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 12:49:30 AM »
"Paid the Cost" was wack, represents another low point in Snoop's legendary carear.

Snoop was ofcourse the biggest thing in hip-hop in the mid-90's, then he fell off briefly with "Doggfather" and especially "Da Game Is To Be Sold" album, but I really felt like he got back on track once he started working with Dre again on "No Limit Top Dogg" although the cover to that album was utterly ridiculous (btw).  Also, I think the first Eastsidaz album was an excellent album.

But then, after the "Last Meal" Snoop kind of fell off again in my opinion.  Once he got away from producers within his inner circle on the West Coast and started messing with the Neptunes that seriously damaged the quality and continuity of his work.  I haven't even checked out the new album because the last two were so poor.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 12:52:55 AM »
"Paid the Cost" was wack, represents another low point in Snoop's legendary carear.

Snoop was ofcourse the biggest thing in hip-hop in the mid-90's, then he fell off briefly with "Doggfather" and especially "Da Game Is To Be Sold" album, but I really felt like he got back on track once he started working with Dre again on "No Limit Top Dogg" although the cover to that album was utterly ridiculous (btw).  Also, I think the first Eastsidaz album was an excellent album.

But then, after the "Last Meal" Snoop kind of fell off again in my opinion.  Once he got away from producers within his inner circle on the West Coast and started messing with the Neptunes that seriously damaged the quality and continuity of his work.  I haven't even checked out the new album because the last two were so poor.

I think Tha Doggfather was dope. It's a perfect album I can put on at my place and chill to

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 01:01:25 AM »
I just found my copy this past week.

It was definitely a solid CD...and the advance bootleg unreleased versions had some GREAT tracks that didn't even make this album. I do think it's better than R&G and Da Game is to be sold, but not as good as the rest that he had. Personally, he had the weakest first single of all of his albums on here, with Chuuch to da palace. He did rip it, but that beat just didn't move me a little bit. Beautiful was good for what it was, but it obviously wasn't aimed for the typical Snoop fans.

The beat on the intro was RIDICULOUS and I can still feel it. I just wish he had rapped to it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 01:30:03 AM »

I think Tha Doggfather was dope. It's a perfect album I can put on at my place and chill to

It is highly listenable, no doubt about that, you know it's funny that album, because I always talk bad about it, but used to listen to it all the time back in the day, and even now I can still listen to it almost from beggining to end.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 02:41:43 AM »
I've always liked this album..a couple cheesy songs, but it was stil a solid album  8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 02:51:56 AM »

yea dat

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 04:55:26 AM »
I don't know why so many people hatin it, I luved it when I heard it. It needed a little time, but after 1 week I luved it. The only track that I hate is "You Got What I Want" ft. Ludacris. Shitty ass beat... But I can listen to "Wasn't Yo Fault" or "The One And Only" the whole day, fo sheezy.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill