Author Topic: RUMOR: Spider Loc DROPPED from G-Unit/Interscope along with several other artist  (Read 2148 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's a whole lot of rumors flying around who's gonna get dropped. A lot of 'em are about G-Unit, but we'll see. I'm not taking guesses.

But if they would get dropped, you know that would shake something up.

KURUPTION-81

dont know how reliable thiis is as there is no real quotes

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6465

G-Unit Not Dropped From Interscope
By Remmie Fresh
Date: 12/5/2006 9:15 am

Recent rumors have swirled that G-Unit Records might be dropped from the Interscope Records roster, but a representative from the label flatly denied that such gossip was true.

While nothing is certain, the rumors appear to originate from a recent appearance by 50 Cent on Shade 45 with DJ Whoo Kid. In the interview, the pair and others outwardly joke and offer opinions on rappers like Nas, Fat Joe, Jay-Z and The Game.

In the interview, which aired last week, 50 Cent said, "Everybody looks and they think 'Well you can't tell me what to do.' [The Game] played them. None of them sell any records. Look at Nas: 'Hip-Hop is Dead' is the same single [sample] off his last album. That right there is feasting."

He also charged that he was making 25% of The Game's current CD, Doctor's Advocate. A rep for Interscope refused to confirm such information.

Oher insiders suggest that the rumors stem from a down-turn in album sales for the G-Unit brand, which typically sells into the millions..

Despite artistic acclaim, Mobb Deep sold moderate units of Blood Money, which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 and No. 1 on the R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart.

The G-Unit debut sold over 100,000 copies during its first week in May 2006 and has since been certified gold (500,000).

Lloyd Banks, another popular G-Unit artist, sold 143,000 of Rotten Apple in his first week, a considerable decline from the 433,000 copies of his 2004 debut The Hunger for More.

The album debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 200 chart. The album also took the #1 spot on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. By week four, Banks had sold about 234,000 copies of the album, which is approaching 500,000 units sold.

Others charge that internet postings are the source of the false information.

In 2007, listeners can expect releases from Young Buck, as well as G-Unit founder 50 Cent. In the interview with Shade 45, 50 Cent said that he was 90% finished his upcoming album, titled Before I Self Destruct.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Banks = 1.5 Million (first time around, worldwide)
Banks = 270.000 (second time around, off the charts right now)
Buck = 1.1 Million (first time around, worldwide)
Buck = TBA (project pushed back several times, last time 3 months)
Tony Yayo = 400.000 (fell of the charts at 400,000, nowhere near 500.000 like you said)
Mobb Deep = 200.000 (the biggest G-Unit flop so far)

Yours numbers are wrong. Get a source before you talk out your ass man. AND WORLDWIDE sales are not tracked by RIAA, so they are impossible to get. Banks sold 1.5 million in the US. And my point still stands buddy, my numbers (more accurate, look it up on RIAA) are only off by a few 100,000. Game groupies are idiots, and you follow the trend nicely. I guess you believe Game sold 4 million worldwide. lol

A good estimate is to double the US sales to get the worldwide. But since worldwide sales aren't tracked by billboard, soundscan, RIAA, and don't earn you gold/plat awards, I ask you... How do you know the world wide sales?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:35:30 AM by King Brant »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
AND WORLDWIDE sales are not tracked by RIAA, so they are impossible to get.
Not true. The United World Chart tracks sales for albums world wide.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Obviously something tracks them. But can I write now find the sales for any album I want?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Obviously something tracks them. But can I write now find the sales for any album I want?
Err... If it is currently on the UWC then yes you can track it's sales. I'd assume there is some source that keeps an archived data of numbers past.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mobb Deep went gold ?

d-nice

I think the whole riaa is confusing for alot of people. Mobb Deep has to be around 250,000 to 300,000 sold in the U.S. but they probably have shipped 500,000 units of the album to be sold. RIAA tracks albums shipped. That is why LL Cool J is gold with his last one but he has only sold around 250k. Ice Cube was certified gold a few months back but as of last week he sold 491k so by this week or next he will have officially sold 500,000 copies. Record label may ship 700,000 or like Koch ship 250,000 at a time.

Kalonjii

• 'G'
If Spider did get dropped from G-Unit, it would be the funniest thing ever in the histroy of all things funny.

He's gonna have to put a big ass "LA" to cover that G-Unit tat.

You mean like Game turned it into GUnot  :D

I doubt this is true, Ill be more than happy if they drop Olivia and Spider, who are realistically never gonna drop an album.

Anyone who has seen "Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin'" knows that the G-Unot tattoo wasn't no G-Unit tattoo, you can see on the DVD when he gets the tat.

Oh and Bishop Lamont indicated in a interview or sumtin a couple of days ago that Aftermath were departing from Interscope, so this could be true.

Mobb Deep, Olivia, Tony Yayo, Banks, Ma$e & M.O.P are ALL washed up and boring, they will _NEVER_ move units again, believe that.

The only nigga in G-Unit that survived Game's attack on them is 50, Buck will flop even though his shit is hot (that's why his album got pushed back 4 months after releasing two singles, Game did that "Olivia Shit" to him, which is kill him and his whole project so he had to go back to the studio and rewrite that bullshit he just spit lol!.

- becuase we all know Game is trust worthy

-M.O.P. and Banks washed up ? Ha ha

- survived Games attack ? What attack exactly. So far Banks and Mobb Deep flopped. Mobb Deep would have a hard time selling anywhere and Banks flopped becuase he didnt do shit to promote himself. Banks, Obie, Busta all flopped becuase they thought that the name Shady/GUnit/Aftermath will maek them go plat automatically. Anotzher thing about Banks is that its obivus that the onyl reason he went plat is becuase of 50s hype. Just like Buck, Yayo and Game did. Game did slightly better numbers but still 2x less then previous because he hustled hard till release date and he was more interesting in publics eye, because of the whole Dre, 50 thing. If he'd stay on GUnit/Aftermath he'd flop too.

People ain't checking for Aftermath/G-Unit/Shady no more cuz their shit is old with the same corny hooks and sound, they used to be big when they brought that new hype shit to the table but right now they are as washed up as a label can be.

Add wack rappers (Spider Loc, M.O.P, Ma$e, Hot Rod, Tony Yayo e.t.c) to those wack beats & hooks and u'll have a hot plate of flop.

Same old shit ? Obie Trices and Lloyd Bankss 2nd albums were completley different than their 1st ones so we can cross that one out. Bucks said his 2nd album is completley different than his frist with different producers and guest features. 50 already said his 3rd album gonna have a different sound that the 1st 2, inspired by old soul joints. Bustas "Big Bang" was probably the ebst commercial album of 2006, unless Nas tops him.

Mase and Spider Loc arent signed to GUnit so we can cross that one out too. Again a big lol at M.O.P. being wack. Have no idea how Hot Rod is since he hasnt released anything yet. Yayo aint a lyrically monster but hes definetly not the wackest out there.

And again at calling flops on Banks and Mobb Deep. Its gonna take years before another label do numbers like they did.

Just out of curiousity, who do you listen to, since you have such a spesifc taste from comemrcial rappers ?

Aftermath/G-Unit/Shady are done, they ain't a powerhouse no more they are just one of the many hiphop labels out there right now, with the exception for 3 superstars (Dre, 50 & Feminem) that may do OK numbers but nothing close to what they have done before.

As for what I listen to when it comes to hiphop, it isn't much. The niggaz I listen to right now, as far as commercial rappers, are: 50 Cent, Young Buck, Game, Nas, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco.

The 50 & Buck stuff I listen to is the old shit they did, from 1999-2004...Everything after that (except GRODT OST.) has been more or less wack/boring, so I'm hoping for a comeback from both 2007 with some fresh material, since most G-Unit releases have been shit and they are going the wrong way with their music.
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
dont know how reliable thiis is as there is no real quotes

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6465

G-Unit Not Dropped From Interscope
By Remmie Fresh
Date: 12/5/2006 9:15 am

Recent rumors have swirled that G-Unit Records might be dropped from the Interscope Records roster, but a representative from the label flatly denied that such gossip was true.

While nothing is certain, the rumors appear to originate from a recent appearance by 50 Cent on Shade 45 with DJ Whoo Kid. In the interview, the pair and others outwardly joke and offer opinions on rappers like Nas, Fat Joe, Jay-Z and The Game.

In the interview, which aired last week, 50 Cent said, "Everybody looks and they think 'Well you can't tell me what to do.' [The Game] played them. None of them sell any records. Look at Nas: 'Hip-Hop is Dead' is the same single [sample] off his last album. That right there is feasting."

He also charged that he was making 25% of The Game's current CD, Doctor's Advocate. A rep for Interscope refused to confirm such information.

Oher insiders suggest that the rumors stem from a down-turn in album sales for the G-Unit brand, which typically sells into the millions..

Despite artistic acclaim, Mobb Deep sold moderate units of Blood Money, which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Top 200 and No. 1 on the R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart.

The G-Unit debut sold over 100,000 copies during its first week in May 2006 and has since been certified gold (500,000).

Lloyd Banks, another popular G-Unit artist, sold 143,000 of Rotten Apple in his first week, a considerable decline from the 433,000 copies of his 2004 debut The Hunger for More.

The album debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 200 chart. The album also took the #1 spot on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. By week four, Banks had sold about 234,000 copies of the album, which is approaching 500,000 units sold.

Others charge that internet postings are the source of the false information.

In 2007, listeners can expect releases from Young Buck, as well as G-Unit founder 50 Cent. In the interview with Shade 45, 50 Cent said that he was 90% finished his upcoming album, titled Before I Self Destruct.

well.. theres 2 rumors.
1. is g-unit dropped from the label
2. are there particular artists dropped from g-unit

if you really look at record labels, they are just a brand and publishing rights with a distribution deal. g-unit could 'always' be around.

the main thing is 'advance' money. Jimmy Iovine may not want to advance anymore money to G-Unit. That will cause 50 to drop some of the leaches of the label..  I'm pretty sure that Em, 50, Dre, and Jimmy thought that the G-Unit brand will automatically guarantee platinum sales for anyone who was down with them. Unfortunately, it hasn't.