Author Topic: stop downloading music and buy  (Read 1305 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: stop downloading music and buy
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 09:38:53 AM »
Everybody wants the west to come back strong, but people always download and they dont buy.
People need to push the album and make it popular. Stop hatin on the artist and support the movement.
Make the west coast un-stoppable. People need that california love back.
2007 is the year of the takeover.

comments?
U shouldn't blame the downloaders...it's really the artists responsiblity to make GREAT and WORTHY-to Buy album.

I can understand that too... Of all the tapes and CD's that I've purchased over the years I know that I've funded somebody's new Lambourghini...

However... If you downloaded the CD, bumped it and enjoyed it, then its pretty much a worthy-to-buy album, ya know?

At some point there has to be a continuing of the cycle... Artists making music and money from the fans going back to that source so more music can continue to flow....   
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:10 AM »
I brought Games album and was planning to get snoops but wen i went in on the 21st i realised it didnt come out till the 28th in the uk, i was pretty pissed so...

I brought Only Built for Cuban Links and burnt snoop to a CD, hehe.  :P

I made the effort on the 21st but i cudnt b arsed to wait another week then go in to town again, waste of money on bus and petrol, besides 25 recordable cds cost me like £4.97, u do the math!

I might buy it in the january sales however along with Xzibit, Ice Cube, Alchemist 1st Infantry, Akala and Sways albums......???

U can't say i didn't make the effort cos the bus costs me like 3 quid for a dayrider, so theres no way ima bout to spend £10 on an album plus £6 for the bus

Besides i  must admit i do love to buy cds, jus to bump the REAL cd with that brand new smell! I mean GOD DAMN! That smell shits all over solvents  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:50:59 AM by Makaveli_7 »

everlast1986

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »
hmm lets see here

Murs
Dogg Pound
E-40
Ice Cube
The Game
Snoop Dogg
Kokane
Defari
Dilated Peoples
Jurassic 5

I've never bought that many albums from west coast artists in 1 year in my life. I might as well just buy that Xzibit too for the hell of it.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »
This is the first year I haven't bought an album.  I don't see a good reason to buy an album anymore.  I listen to my mp3 player 98% of the time so if I actually went out and purchased a CD it would just be sitting in a shoe box collecting dust anyways.  I could care less how good The Game's album is, I'm still just gonna download it.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 09:52:13 AM »
I buy albums because of my parents.  When I see them diggin' thru orginal classic albums from the past like The Gap Band, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and things like that it's cool.  I want to be able to show people years from now and be like "check this out, ALL EYEZ ON ME."  I don't want to be like, "check it out, it's All Eyez on Me but its a burned copy that I downloaded off the Internet years ago."
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:51 AM »
This is the first year I haven't bought an album.  I don't see a good reason to buy an album anymore.  I listen to my mp3 player 98% of the time so if I actually went out and purchased a CD it would just be sitting in a shoe box collecting dust anyways.  I could care less how good The Game's album is, I'm still just gonna download it.

Do u not miss that feeling of opening a brand new cd with an OFFICIAL disc and that beautiful smell? I love that, makes me feel like a lil kid again

I've recently started downloading instead of buying but i still buy the albums that are crazy or that i want to own for the sake of my collection.

Cos when HHID drops im copping straight away, i've got every single Nas album along with every single 2pac album cos they r my fav rappers, i don't really giv a shit how the album is, the music is a bonus....

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 09:57:45 AM »
I buy albums because of my parents.  When I see them diggin' thru orginal classic albums from the past like The Gap Band, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and things like that it's cool.  I want to be able to show people years from now and be like "check this out, ALL EYEZ ON ME."  I don't want to be like, "check it out, it's All Eyez on Me but its a burned copy that I downloaded off the Internet years ago."

Im the exact same, i wanna b able to show my kids, who ill force to like rap music, my classic collection that ive built up over years

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 09:58:52 AM »
Everything I listen to is music I paid for.

If there's more money in it more dudes would be puttin out g funk so yeah revive the west.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 09:59:40 AM »

^ now thats a fuckin' post!

I feel the same way. My pops is a collector and he's always bustin' out his James Brown, Johnny Guitar Watson, BB King albums and more. He's proud of them things and he's always like "come here son and listen to this"...

I'm kicking myself in the ass because I used to own some vintage hip hop vinyls from the 80's when I was a young kid... and like a dumb young kid I allowed myself to lose that shit. I can only imagine what it would be worth today...

But yeah, I like how you think...  
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »
I copped "The Blue Carpet Treatment" 1 hour ago, but I'm no from the West, so it doesn't matter cause in Germany Snoop doesn't get that much attention. 2004 was good with "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Signs". If "That's That Shit" blows up in america, it's possible that they play it over here.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 02:23:27 PM »

thats real right there

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »
the only albums worth buying so far this year are Tech N9nes, Ice cube's and Game's/E40s maybe..

israelihiphop

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
it's so much easier to download an album and delete the wack shit rather than waste 10 bucks on a Cd cause of the overload of filler songs on a CD that shit is annoying. I mean did Snoop have to put those bullshit songs on the 2nd half of the cd is garbage except for Imagine and a couple of others. What happened to the days of Illmatic when every song was tight when you had like 10 or 12 tracks like Doggystyle or most of the classic albums from that era. Then you got niggaz releasing double albums like 50 next year, half of that shit il be garbage.

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 02:58:24 PM »
I bought the blue carpet treatment and haven't even listened to it yet!

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 03:39:19 PM »
it's so much easier to download an album and delete the wack shit rather than waste 10 bucks on a Cd cause of the overload of filler songs on a CD that shit is annoying. I mean did Snoop have to put those bullshit songs on the 2nd half of the cd is garbage except for Imagine and a couple of others. What happened to the days of Illmatic when every song was tight when you had like 10 or 12 tracks like Doggystyle or most of the classic albums from that era. Then you got niggaz releasing double albums like 50 next year, half of that shit il be garbage.

Yeah. I only d/l either becoz I can't find an album anywhere, or for preview purposes. I can't think of any album that I could listen to w/out skipping a track, apart from Cubes new one. ;D reminds me, I have to get that cd.