Author Topic: stop downloading music and buy  (Read 1327 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: stop downloading music and buy
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 04:37:04 PM »
The only west coast album I've bought this year is Ice Cube. There hasn't been anything else that has been remotely interesting enough for me to part with $15 or so. I'm not going to support music I don't like just because it's west coast. I'll support music I like. Otherwise I'll just download it and listen to the 2 or 3 good songs on it.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »
people would feel a lot diffrnt if ya the person puttin out music, an ya puttin ya heart in it. An the album is bangin
an ya dont sell shit, cuzz people wanna get shit free. fuck that.
Ya bump it ya buy it.
It's cool to hear sum new tracks online, but when ya burn the whole thing
an never buy it. thats shit fuck up.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2006, 03:14:54 PM »
Everybody wants the west to come back strong, but people always download and they dont buy.
People need to push the album and make it popular. Stop hatin on the artist and support the movement.
Make the west coast un-stoppable. People need that california love back.
2007 is the year of the takeover.

comments?
U shouldn't blame the downloaders...it's really the artists responsiblity to make GREAT and WORTHY-to Buy album.

I can understand that too... Of all the tapes and CD's that I've purchased over the years I know that I've funded somebody's new Lambourghini...

However... If you downloaded the CD, bumped it and enjoyed it, then its pretty much a worthy-to-buy album, ya know?

At some point there has to be a continuing of the cycle... Artists making music and money from the fans going back to that source so more music can continue to flow....   
If they really want to make money, it's best they get a legit job like everyone else.  In music wise- I demand a quality music...not just "I'ma kill you, motherfucker" type of music.
and yes, I would want people to buy album...however, at this point, it's not worth it.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2006, 03:31:52 PM »
That is a legit job... Its a legit tax paying job that provides income for the artists and his family, just as someone who was a toy maker, car designer,etc.

Quality is an issue in every market where there is a buyer and a seller.... but this is the only one where people are getting it for free (not legally of course) and then choosing later whether to buy it or not...

I think what the person that started this thread is saying and that I am in agreement with, is that if you downloaded something and enjoyed it then buy it at least... I think that is reasonable.. more than reasonable...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2006, 04:16:36 PM »
That is a legit job... Its a legit tax paying job that provides income for the artists and his family, just as someone who was a toy maker, car designer,etc.

Quality is an issue in every market where there is a buyer and a seller.... but this is the only one where people are getting it for free (not legally of course) and then choosing later whether to buy it or not...

I think what the person that started this thread is saying and that I am in agreement with, is that if you downloaded something and enjoyed it then buy it at least... I think that is reasonable.. more than reasonable...
I think i might overanalyzed it..but ya ..true that...if it's GOOD...lmao.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »

this is right on. yup!
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

raphead2001

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 10:30:33 PM »
i bought snoop and game's.i bought e-40's when it came out. i still have to go get that cube and liks cds. but i never download or buy  burned cd's. i try and support tha west but only if i like tha artist. im west west to tha fullest but i wouldn't buy daz's cd

Sikotic™

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 10:34:21 PM »
Nigga please.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 10:52:59 PM »
I only buy cd's with replay value

Jakubs

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2006, 01:32:04 AM »
I will always download an album first, and if I can listen to at least 3/4 of it then I will buy a copy. If that's not the case then it's not worth it to me. Is it messed up that I'm getting the album for free? Maybe so, but as a lot of people will agree, these artists need to release quality music to warrant people spending their money on it. Besides, I download for my personal collection and in no way do I bootleg or use any other methods to try and make money off another individual's work. As for the Snoop and Game albums, I purchased 2 copies of each as well as the new 2Pac and 2 copies of the new Jay-Z.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Raphael

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 08:56:01 AM »
I buy albums because of my parents.  When I see them diggin' thru orginal classic albums from the past like The Gap Band, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and things like that it's cool.  I want to be able to show people years from now and be like "check this out, ALL EYEZ ON ME."  I don't want to be like, "check it out, it's All Eyez on Me but its a burned copy that I downloaded off the Internet years ago."
word and i love the booklets

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 09:33:21 AM »
I only buy cd's with replay value

Just curious.....If you download it, do you still keep it or do you delete it if you figure it has no replay value?
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

KlevaThug

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2006, 10:01:11 AM »
i buy albums if they are actually worth my hard earned cash. yes, i admit, i download albums. however, if they suck ass, i'm not just gonna go out and buy the album because i'm rollin on some sympathy shit. some of the shit out there just isn't worth it. i bought game, snoop and akon. i downloaded all of them before they were released, and since they were great albums, i went to the store and copped them. i use downloading strictly as a tool to see if i am gonna be willing to spend the $13+ on the artist. my philosophy is buying albums is like buying a car...you wouldn't go out and buy a used car just because someone told you it was good would you? no, you test drive it. if you like it, then you buy it.

;D My thoughts exactly

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 10:04:26 AM »
^^ Good point Styles.

People will always find excuses  not to buy records. Like EVERYTHING coming out is wack.

It's just human nature, if you can get it free, why pay for it? So stop blaming everything on the music, and just admit you're a greedy muthafucka :)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 10:05:24 AM »
Of course, I forgot to mention, there are exceptions, true music fans, who support the music they like... But they're getting rare! I barely know anybody in my entourage that buys albums..