Author Topic: "B.A.R.S. Awards Turned Out" - Allhiphop.com article!!  (Read 107 times)

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
"B.A.R.S. Awards Turned Out" - Allhiphop.com article!!
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:21:10 PM »
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6469

A party for the emerging Bay Area rap scene turned chaotic at the San Mateo County Event Center last weekend according to the Mercury News. Police were called in to the The Bay Area Rap Scene Awards (B.A.R.S.) and ended the event 45 minutes early, due to an unruly crowd. Event organizers were not pleased with the crowds rowdy behavior when artists like Hyphy champion E-40 hit the stage. "They (the audience) all want to get on stage with the artist," Lizz Moala, project manager said. "We brought (the show) for us. It was for all of us — the Bay Area. This is why our music has no respect anywhere." At one point, an estimated 300 people were on the stage. While there were no arrests or injuries, the general manager for the San Mateo County Event Center said the backstage area was the root of the problem. "I'll never go through that again," General Manager Chris Carpenter said. "Not in my 31/2 years here has a show been cut short...I'm very pleased that there were no arrests." Others blamed the artists and the huge entourages that accompanied them to the awards.

Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"