Author Topic: i played wii today! // 4 days to uk launch  (Read 439 times)

Don Seer

Re: i played wii today! // 4 days to uk launch
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 03:02:51 PM »

yeah for multiplayer ya need additional wii motes...

"wii play" comes with a wiimote, but not a nunchuck.. so gotta get one seperately

and component cables arent the normal tv cables.. its the ones you use to connect to a HDTV to run it at 480p

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
man im goin slightly mad..
im hearin all these stories of people in holland that have it already
but all of the stores i go to in my city say they have it but cant sell it till friday  >:(
i hope the store where i pre-ordered it calls me tomorrow to tell me i can pick it up

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:58 PM »
hurrah.. wandering through town i spotted one of the cool looking wii demo booths we have over here in the local "game" store

so i wandered in expecting to have to hand over my credit card or something to play.. nope..

they popped the "pod" open and handed me a wiimote and said.. dont walk off with it mate.. :)

...i fired it up and had a wiggle with the pointer on screen.. kinda knew my way around with all the demo's i've seen online.. they tried to steer me towards golf.. but i was up for tennis...

as soon as i'd got started with tennis a small crowd formed.. won my game.. woot.. really easy to pick up. if you slip concentrating or dont try you will mishit shots.. after i was done with tennis i passed the wiimote to a dude in the crowd who was watching.. and he had a go at golf.. (and people started to lose interest so it was back to me, my mate, and his mate + the shop dude).. golf looked fun, then his mate had a go and was shite.. i got handed it back and went for bowling this time.. wasnt too impressed with it.. but it was kinda fun.. handed the remote to a school kiddie who tried golf then we left..

i didn't wanna ruin all the fun for when i get mine.. which was confirmed today as being thursday midnight.. hopefully i've added a nunchuck to my order.. so thats a wii with wii sports.. + wii play + nunchuck + zelda + tony hawks downhill

:)

why did u order a nun chuck, it comes with the system you know.

-KIDRENEGADE-

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 08:32:11 PM »
hurrah.. wandering through town i spotted one of the cool looking wii demo booths we have over here in the local "game" store

so i wandered in expecting to have to hand over my credit card or something to play.. nope..

they popped the "pod" open and handed me a wiimote and said.. dont walk off with it mate.. :)

...i fired it up and had a wiggle with the pointer on screen.. kinda knew my way around with all the demo's i've seen online.. they tried to steer me towards golf.. but i was up for tennis...

as soon as i'd got started with tennis a small crowd formed.. won my game.. woot.. really easy to pick up. if you slip concentrating or dont try you will mishit shots.. after i was done with tennis i passed the wiimote to a dude in the crowd who was watching.. and he had a go at golf.. (and people started to lose interest so it was back to me, my mate, and his mate + the shop dude).. golf looked fun, then his mate had a go and was shite.. i got handed it back and went for bowling this time.. wasnt too impressed with it.. but it was kinda fun.. handed the remote to a school kiddie who tried golf then we left..

i didn't wanna ruin all the fun for when i get mine.. which was confirmed today as being thursday midnight.. hopefully i've added a nunchuck to my order.. so thats a wii with wii sports.. + wii play + nunchuck + zelda + tony hawks downhill

:)

It only comes with one. I'm assuming he plans on playing games with other people.....

Played the wii for about 3 more hours today, got addicted to baseball on wii sports.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 12:16:36 AM »

i already said above in detail!!! . and dude above was right.. i want TWO SETS OF CONTROLS...

yeah for multiplayer ya need additional wii motes...

"wii play" comes with a wiimote, but not a nunchuck.. so gotta get one seperately

and component cables arent the normal tv cables.. its the ones you use to connect to a HDTV to run it at 480p
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 12:19:26 AM by Seer - San »

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
i got it!!!!!!!
its the shit, the remote works even better than i thought it would
i havent played zelda yet cuz i just love going thru the options menu and playin wii sports  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 06:59:46 AM »

cool! :)

9 hours till i get mines!

its gonna absolutely pour it down here too... thank god theres a loading bay in the town centre right opposite the store.. i'mma sit there in my car till they open the doors!

Matty

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 08:24:55 AM »
weather aint nice hear either. im going for a ride later on tonight to get my wii, gamestation will be opening at midnight for pre-orders. they had 30 consoles and im #4 so all good. dont seem to be any RGB cables anywhere though, how annoying. zelda and monkey ball here we come, will check you dudes later 8)

Matty

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2006, 08:26:13 AM »
oh yeah they dont have wii play yet, will have to wait on that too :/

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2006, 08:39:29 AM »
dayum.. i hope mine has wii play.. the only thing he didnt know about when i called my gamestation was the component cables.. which i think i can get in 'game' next morning.. if i dont get one i'll do a lap of town in the morning hunting the missing goodies

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »
I had the chance for the midnight launch too, turned it down, tomorrow before/after college i'll just get it then I guess. Trade in the GC, and some DS games towards it.

Oh plus in GAME they had a Wii booth thing set up, it was the shit playing Tennis! I convinced Ty out of getting a Wii for xmas and loweing the PS3 when it comes out :p Lol.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"