Author Topic: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"  (Read 1036 times)

SGV

Re: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 07:07:57 AM »
But without explanation, it can be considered a shot at the South. Someone brought up Luda's name here... Even Luda is wearing shirts saying "Hip Hop Ain't Dead, It's Alive In The South."

Are you saying Luda has a guilty conscience? He put out one of the best records this year. As did Jeezy. As did T.I. So when someone says Hip Hop is dead and these are the guys that are on top, are they going to feel disrespected? Sure.

It's like saying "Hip Hop is dead now that you guys are on top."

It's not that the South is catching felings. It's not that they have a guilty conscience, cuz shit Nas has put out trash shit too. It's that Nas came out with a bold statement and no initial reason why it was being made. Since he didn't clairfy, it was open to interpretation. It was interpreted as a diss to the South. Nas knew the contraversy the title would cause, that's why he put it out there.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 09:08:31 AM »
But without explanation, it can be considered a shot at the South. Someone brought up Luda's name here... Even Luda is wearing shirts saying "Hip Hop Ain't Dead, It's Alive In The South."

Are you saying Luda has a guilty conscience? He put out one of the best records this year. As did Jeezy. As did T.I. So when someone says Hip Hop is dead and these are the guys that are on top, are they going to feel disrespected? Sure.

It's not that the South is catching felings. It's not that they have a guilty conscience, cuz shit Nas has put out trash shit too. It's that Nas came out with a bold statement and no initial reason why it was being made. Since he didn't clairfy, it was open to interpretation. It was interpreted as a diss to the South. Nas knew the contraversy the title would cause, that's why he put it out there.

jeezy cd is only nice if you like to here him rap up his money and crack on every track. his voice is also extremely annoying.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 09:14:55 AM »
read the allhiphop.com interview that was done with Nas (i posted on here as well)

he tells us why hip hop is dead as a culture and everything, it was in the first part of the interview; a great read

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 10:06:50 AM »
read the allhiphop.com interview that was done with Nas (i posted on here as well)

he tells us why hip hop is dead as a culture and everything, it was in the first part of the interview; a great read

yeah it was agood read, some people seem to be getting confused between hip hop and rap. To me hip hop may be dead, hip hop is rapping, dj'ing, break dancing and graffiti . Those elements dont go hand in hand like they used to. Rap is thriving , but hip hop aint.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 10:10:44 AM »

But Nas HAS explained his album title, he even includes himself when naming the guilty parties, lol.  See my initial post.  He knows he's put out bullshit and he's been trying to atone for it ever since he dropped Stillmatic. 

Nas has rapped over Lil Jon beats for fucks sake.  He featured Luda on a straight throwback joint with DOUG E FRESH on Streets Disciple.  If that isn't a cosign that Luda is legit hip hop, I don't know what is.

And I can understand the arguement that Luda put out the album of the year.  I don't agree, but it's not an outlandish statement.  But to say that T.I. or Jeezy did?  Sorry bruh but that shit's garbage.  Are you basing that on sales or what?  If you're basing it on sales then I'm not gonna argue because pissing contests about sales are retarded.  Sales do not equal quality, at the same time they don't discount quality either.  Quality albums can sell well, but T.I. and Jeezy ain't quality.  Easy as that.

So anyways, you guys can come on here and say he's dissing the south but that's all hype.  He's CLEARLY stated the meaning behind the album, he's rapped over southern beats, featured southern artists on his albums.  Close thread.

rik

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 10:21:02 AM »
So its just a coincidence, that he makes a track called hip hop is dead as soon as the south is on top? bullshit, he was talking bout the south imo.

It just so happens that when the South is on top hip hop is at it's all time low. Is that a coincidence? I'm not blaming the South but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

israelihiphop

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »
Jeezy wack, he's a street nigga but he doesn't need to be anywhere near a microphone, he can't speak on Nas the same as Weezy couldn't speak on Jigga, tho Weezy definitely got skills...Most south cats are wack tho I do think Luda, TI, Wezzy are dope...

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »
damn this whole "hip hop is dead" has been getting all kinds of hype

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »
If Nas mean't that the art  of Hip Hop is dead, well then, that died a longg time ago.

$Eg2$

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »
Jeezy needs to shut the fuck up soundin like the Ja Rule of the South  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 8)

The Connection

• Lil Geezy
  • Who doesn't ?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »
I think Young Jeezy has a guilty conscience, cuz nigga is wack as fuck. IMFO.

co sign

Co Co Co Sign' " :)

SGV

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 06:54:26 PM »
I never base anything on sales. T.I.`s album was solid, as was Jeezy`s. I enjoyed both of those much more than Snoop or Jigga`s album.

As for Nas, yes he has explained his title, recently when a lot of heat came on him. Even Luda took it that way. So its not like its only the, and I use this term extremely lightly, "wack" rappers, its dope artists like Luda taking it as a shot, before he's  explained himself.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 01:09:52 AM »
jeezy proved his ignorance with some of the comments he made on this interview...like trying to say monie love aint hip hop cos she was raised in london...dumbass...didnt help his case much with the comments about nas either...fuck jeezy...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 08:39:46 AM »
I never base anything on sales. T.I.`s album was solid, as was Jeezy`s. I enjoyed both of those much more than Snoop or Jigga`s album.

As for Nas, yes he has explained his title, recently when a lot of heat came on him. Even Luda took it that way. So its not like its only the, and I use this term extremely lightly, "wack" rappers, its dope artists like Luda taking it as a shot, before he's  explained himself.

Which brings me back to my point - they have a guilty conscience.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

SGV

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
jeezy proved his ignorance with some of the comments he made on this interview...like trying to say monie love aint hip hop cos she was raised in london...dumbass...didnt help his case much with the comments about nas either...fuck jeezy...

His point was she was raised on a different Hip Hop. So what's Hip Hop to her is different than what's Hip Hop to Jeezy. He was raised on N.W.A., Ice-T, Geto Boys... Gangsta music. That's where his style comes from. So that's what he meant...

Which brings me back to my point - they have a guilty conscience.  If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you took over an existing business and you felt it was doing well and someone comes by and says, "This place sucks now. Fuck this place. It's dead." Will you not question that person as to why? Would that not be a shot at you since you run it? That's all the South is doing. They're not going to let someone just waltz in and proclaim something they're on top of dead. That's ridiculous.