Author Topic: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"  (Read 1033 times)

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:52 PM »
Jeezy career will not last long as Nas.  Nas almost drop 10 albums.

Animal Chief, K-Deezy, Strike and Wesley Valentine

SGV

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

I fail to realize that he didn't make a statement about what his album meant?  Are you fucking retarded?  And I'm not being an asshole, I'm straight up asking if you're retarded.  He's clarified it numerous interviews and his songs.  Give me ONE EXAMPLE OF NAS SAYING THE SOUTH KILLED HIP HOP.  Just one.  You can't do it.  All you can do is feed into the hype because you're not capable of independant thought.  You hear other ignorant ass motherfuckers crying that Nas dissed the South and you join right in completely ignoring all of the evidence to the contrary. 

I'm retarded, yet you cannot seem to realize that I stated he HAS made a statement about his album AFTER it was already causing a lot of contraversy. And you have the nerve to call ME retarded. Here's an example that maybe your no reading comprehension having ass can understand:

"They saying the West Coast is back, I ain't know we went nowhere homie."

He obviously took offense to the phrase "the West Coast is back." Why? Because he was still making music on the West. So, if the West was barely coming back, what does that say about the work he was putting in? It was wack? In so many words, yes. For Nas to say "Hip Hop is dead" without explanation (yes stupid, I know he's clarified it NOW), it was left open for others to take it how they felt it was being presented. If Hip Hop is dead, then all the work the South just did must've not done anything positive for Hip Hop. Hence, the South taking offense. Are you that slow that you can't understand that?

When would it have been accetable for Nas to clarify his album title?  The shit's not even out yet.  It's not his fault that all these dumb ass niggas get it twisted. 

He knew what contraversy he would cause with that title. He knew that someone would take offense about the title. He also knew there would be ignorant fools like yourself who would not comprehend why others would take offense to it, futhering the promotion of his album.

Andre didn't vocalize it??  He's all but given up rapping - that's more than Nas is doing.  Actions speak louder than words.  Go check his interviews - he's says he not inspired by all these weak ass bitin ass motherfuckers in the game.   
Everyone's known that Andre been on some other shit since Erykah Badu. Him singing wasn't anything that tripped people out and made them say "Oh my Andre hates Hip Hop! He thinks it's dead." Everyone including Big Boi knew he was just on some other shit.

And Killer Mike made that song in 03 when Lil Jon was the crowned fuckin Don of the South, so there goes that arguement.

He released that shit first quarter of 03. It wasn't until Mid to Late 03 that Lil Jon gained huge success. "Get Low" was the start of it, but "Yeah" is what put him and the South over the top. HENCE, retard, he made the song prior to the South being at the point it is at now.

Get the fuck outta here..."quit reaching".  You're the one turning shit into something it's not. 

Again, you are reaching. All I simply did was make the point that Nas, BEFORE (yes idiot, prior to) making a statement about the album, left the album's title open for interpretation. But you wanted to go on and on about how the South did this and that and how so and so made this song and that song. Shut the fuck up. Stick to the facts. Thanks again moron.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »
And here we go back to square fuckin 1.  Rappers that immediately turned it into "He's dissing the South" have a guilty conscience.  You're failing to see the correlation here. :grumpy:

SGV

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »
No. They don't have a guilty conscience. They have someone, who at the time seemed as he was saying the Hip Hop industry is dead. If the Hip Hop industry is dead, then that would be saying what the Souths been doing isn't  shit. You can't understand simple logic like that?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 09:38:28 PM »
No. They don't have a guilty conscience. They have someone, who at the time seemed as he was saying the Hip Hop industry is dead. If the Hip Hop industry is dead, then that would be saying what the Souths been doing isn't  shit. You can't understand simple logic like that?

He didn't say the industry was dead.  He said Hip Hop was dead.  HUGE DIFFERENCE.  And what should Nas have done?  As soon as he formally announced the name of his album, should he have put an asterisk by the title and said "THIS IS NOT AIMED AT THE SOUTH"?

LOL at these sensitive guilt ridden hoes.  They jumped to conclusions without listening to his single or reading his interviews.  All they knew was the title of his album.  And they flipped out like a bunch of idiots, put their foot in their mouth, and ended up looking like clowns because there's not one thing about the album or the title that says "The South killed Hip Hop".

SGV

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 10:52:53 PM »
If Hip Hop is dead, and that is the culture of the industry, then the industry is dead. Again, you just can't seem to understand it: anyone at the top would have taken that as a shot at them. Nobody is guilty. Nobody is anything except justified. If Nas didn't want to start a contraversy he wouldve released a statement from jump. But he didn't. He want people to talk. Contraversy sells. Much like Jigga fell for Jim Jones' bait, the South jumped at Nas'. Was he aiming it at the South? None of us know because we are not Nas. Does his saying its not aimed at South prove anything? No. This is the entertainment industry, people will try their best to be as diplomatic as possible.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »
If Hip Hop is dead, and that is the culture of the industry, then the industry is dead. Again, you just can't seem to understand it: anyone at the top would have taken that as a shot at them. Nobody is guilty. Nobody is anything except justified. If Nas didn't want to start a contraversy he wouldve released a statement from jump. But he didn't. He want people to talk. Contraversy sells. Much like Jigga fell for Jim Jones' bait, the South jumped at Nas'. Was he aiming it at the South? None of us know because we are not Nas. Does his saying its not aimed at South prove anything? No. This is the entertainment industry, people will try their best to be as diplomatic as possible.

Make up your mind.  You say he named it that to stir up the controversy, then say "in the entertainment industry, people will try their best to be as diplomatic as possible", lol.  And no, the industry isn't dead, and no, thats not what Nas said.  Anyone at the top would have gotten offended?  I don't here Kanye crying about the statement. 

Everybody was speculating about his album title.  First it was gonna be called "The Nigga" - some would argue that that is probably a MUCH more controversial album title.  Should he have immediately went out there and released a statement saying "Now if you're black please don't get offended by this".  Fuck no!  Were there people out there that probably got really butthurt when they heard his album was called that?  Absolutely.  But that's on them, not on Nas.  It's not his responsibilty to predict the 1000 different ways his title is going to be interpreted. 

The onus is on the listener to hear his explaination, which he did in the very first interview when he announced his new album title.  Your fronting like Nas was asked what it meant and he refused to say it, lol.

So just leave this thread to die - you have nothing.

SGV

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
Made the title to stir contraversy, but as people do in the Industry, they save face by being diplomatic. Again, the title surfaced before the explanation, which left it open for others to make their mind up on what they think he means. This is everything, but you can't seem to grasp such a simple concept.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »
Made the title to stir contraversy, but as people do in the Industry, they save face by being diplomatic. Again, the title surfaced before the explanation, which left it open for others to make their mind up on what they think he means. This is everything, but you can't seem to grasp such a simple concept.

NICE ATTEMPT AT A SIDESTEP.  NOW REREAD THIS AND REPLY

Everybody was speculating about his album title.  First it was gonna be called "The Nigga" - some would argue that that is probably a MUCH more controversial album title.  Should he have immediately went out there and released a statement saying "Now if you're black please don't get offended by this".  Fuck no!  Were there people out there that probably got really butthurt when they heard his album was called that?  Absolutely.  But that's on them, not on Nas.  It's not his responsibilty to predict the 1000 different ways his title is going to be interpreted. 

The onus is on the listener to hear his explaination, which he did in the very first interview when he announced his new album title.  Your fronting like Nas was asked what it meant and he refused to say it, lol.

So just leave this thread to die - you have nothing.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
i have to give major props to jrome for his argument here. took the words ouit of my mouth

game recognize game

SGV

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2006, 10:53:34 PM »
Once again, you can't seem to grasp the simple concept of why people got at Nas. Oh well, explaining things to idiots isn't  really my thing.

WestCoasta

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2006, 10:57:47 PM »
Once again, you can't seem to grasp the simple concept of why people got at Nas. Oh well, explaining things to idiots isn't  really my thing.

obviously it is your thing you faggot

get the fuck outta here with this I know everything shit, you're lame buddy

SGV

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:51 PM »

obviously it is your thing you faggot

get the fuck outta here with this I know everything shit, you're lame buddy

You're always watching me. Who the fuck are you? Calling others faggots but you're watching another man's every moves.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2006, 12:04:43 AM »
Ladies, Ladies, calm down.

SGV, Hip-Hop is not dead, but it's on life support. The south, just like the west, is RAP MUSIC. Rap music is an element of Hip-Hop, but Hip-Hop is a way of life, it's what you do. DJing and MCing are living, graffiti and breakdancing are dying, the street movement is dying, as the street MCs are pushed to the underground, and Nas is basically saying his going to resurrect it. You are known for going against the grain, but dogg, face fact, Hip-Hop was bought. Sony and Universal, and on a smaller scale Time Warner, own Hip-Hop. They gutted it, and are selling what is marketable. The gets points on independent labels. That is the most important thing for Hip-Hop to come from it's coma. Having independent labels means that Hip-Hop will have what's needed to be it's self, free from the bull shit Sony and Universal put it through.

Who cares who took offense to Nas's title. The south as a region is too weak to battle. People got mad at Quik, no disses, they got mad at this cat, that cat, nothing. Nas currently is the king of battling. Even 50 Cent ain't respond to a weak jab thrown by Nas, and that's the type of stuff 50 lives off of. He Ether'd Jay-Z. Nas was not aiming at the South, he was aiming at the industry, in terms of the suits that bought Hip-Hop. I knew that by the title. Whoever gets mad and think it's a diss to the south though deserves that Ether. I doubt Nas will even respond, he wouldn't get into beef if he didn't mean to.

SGV

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2006, 12:16:58 AM »
Ladies, Ladies, calm down.

SGV, Hip-Hop is not dead, but it's on life support. The south, just like the west, is RAP MUSIC. Rap music is an element of Hip-Hop, but Hip-Hop is a way of life, it's what you do. DJing and MCing are living, graffiti and breakdancing are dying, the street movement is dying, as the street MCs are pushed to the underground, and Nas is basically saying his going to resurrect it. You are known for going against the grain, but dogg, face fact, Hip-Hop was bought. Sony and Universal, and on a smaller scale Time Warner, own Hip-Hop. They gutted it, and are selling what is marketable. The gets points on independent labels. That is the most important thing for Hip-Hop to come from it's coma. Having independent labels means that Hip-Hop will have what's needed to be it's self, free from the bull shit Sony and Universal put it through.

Who cares who took offense to Nas's title. The south as a region is too weak to battle. People got mad at Quik, no disses, they got mad at this cat, that cat, nothing. Nas currently is the king of battling. Even 50 Cent ain't respond to a weak jab thrown by Nas, and that's the type of stuff 50 lives off of. He Ether'd Jay-Z. Nas was not aiming at the South, he was aiming at the industry, in terms of the suits that bought Hip-Hop. I knew that by the title. Whoever gets mad and think it's a diss to the south though deserves that Ether. I doubt Nas will even respond, he wouldn't get into beef if he didn't mean to.

Gracias mija. But here's where you fucked up: B-Boying is still in effect. They still have B-Boy shows out here and I'm very sure they still have in New York and all over. Graffing took off mainstream wise with Marc Ecko's video game. For it to turn into a game, there had to be some sort of buzz for it. Graffing is not dead. You do realize that the South thrives off of Independent labels right?  You think Snap Music was something an Exec heard and thought was cool? Hell na. They seen the MOVEMENT that D4L created and the strong buzz they had in their hometown and picked it up. So, the South is doing their job. They're getting the deals cuz they deserve em. Don't believe me? Ask Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug and Chamillionaire how long they grinded until they finally got their deals. Rick Ross was sitting on Slip n Slide for years but grinded hard enough to get Jigga's attention. Jeezy did it independently and he got a deal from Jigga AND Puffy. These cats are doing it Independently and THEN the labels are coming after them.

As for the South being too weak... No. They got mad at Quik, yes. But why give Quik that shine? They know that even the 3rd rate stars in the South get more exposure than Quik, so why promote him when he's small time compared to them? Just like 50 never responded to Yukmouth, it's senseless. You give that artist the exposure...they're winning. 50 had everyone throwing jabs at him, how could he go at: Game, Nas, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Jae Hood, etc. etc. etc.??? Get real. Everyone knows Nas clarified that he's not dissing the South, that has been established, so thanks for repeating it for the 1000th time. What's being discussed is that the interpretation was left open UNTIL Nas clarified. Thanks again mija.