Author Topic: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"  (Read 1038 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Young Jeezy gets in Confrontation with Philly DJ about "Hip Hop is Dead"
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2006, 12:55:56 AM »
So why argue, little bickering stuff.

I think I stated as well southern independent labels. As I said, that's the most important thing to giving us pure Hip-Hop.

As for battling, yes, the south is weak. Nas never meant to diss the south though. The title can no way, in any shape or form, be directed at the south when people were claiming Hip-Hop dead when Jay-Z was Big Pimpin', and Nas was Ochie Wally Wally, and we were trying to figure out who the Real Slim Shady was. The south was not on top then, the east was, and people said Hip-Hop was dead then. Unless someone has a guilty conscience, then they should have not taken that comment as a diss. Especially from someone who came out with Nastradamus when the Hip-Hop is dead talks started.

SGV

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2006, 01:28:57 AM »
What's hard to understand? 2006 has seen more than a few NY cats going at the South. So, when Mr. New York himself comes out with an album entitled "Hip Hop Is Dead" all eyes turned to the South. Why? Because they're on top and most of New York is mad (hence why they have this whole "On My New York" shit and the whole "bring it back to where it started" campaign). I'm sorry, but if you were in their shoes you'd understand. They've been targeted all year, call it paranoia, but they were justified in questioning Nas.

I'm sure if the West was on top and Nas put out this album, Dubcc would be in an up roar, but since it's the South everyone wants to brush it off.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2006, 06:30:56 AM »
but Mr. King of NY is not really a battle rapper, and is not someone that just starts beef. Some Southern rappers might be on the defensive, but at the same time, they should know Nas is talking about the industry. Pick up any Nas CD since Stillmatic, it's the same message. He takes way more shots at the industry than he does the south. The only artist taking shots at the south are washed up crack heads like DMX. Artist that actually have careers, like Jim Jones, like Nas, they ain't taking shots. So for a southern artist to think that is just being retarted, and if they get Ether'd, they deserve it.

SGV

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2006, 07:58:15 AM »
The biggest DJ in the East had shit to say about the South. Ghostface had shit to say. And like I stated, with Busta and all these cats promoting "bring it back to where it started," them thinking Nas was on that same bandwagon was not far off.

They sont get Ethered, don't hype up Nas that much. He could easily get Takeovered and next thing you know hell be signing to DTP.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
Now you are reaching. Comparing Nas to other artist, Ghostface, I love him, but ain't no one checking for him. Of course NY has that Hip-Hop pride, it's what started the first coastal war, but to thinik Nas, who has always targeted the industry, and worked with westcoast artist in the height of the coastal wars, would diss the south for no reason Is retarded. But then again, Young Jeezy is the the Game of the south. I respect his music, but his a street cat who's easily offended. Nas say that people were say Hip-Hop is dead for years, and for you to think his talking about the south, you too are in the same intellegence as Jeezy. Now if Nas does battle Jeezy, Jeezy is a street rapper, hungry, and ready to go, which might be why he is aiming at Nas.

The fact is this, Jeezy is defensive 'cause he wants to start shit. He ain't dissing Ghostface, DMX, Busta Rhymes, HIS DISSING NAS. He don't care about people dissing the south, he cares about him dissing whoever to give him the biggest push. Jigga is washed up, that was proven by his new CD, Dipset is too strong, plus they are cool with southern rappers, G-Unit is nothing, and the rest are washed up, so why not get at the top dog right now. It's not about the title even possibly dissing the south, it's about Jeezy trying to further his career. So come off Jeezy's nuts and admit the truth.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
Everyone knows Nas clarified that he's not dissing the South, that has been established

So why argue,

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
M.Dogg, you obviously have an affection for Nas, which is why you're riding for him like this, but ill break it down again.

I was NOT comparing Nas to Ghost. I was saying that since NY Legends like Ghost were getting at the South all this year. The South stood quiet for as long as they could. Seeing Nas name his album Hip Hop Is Dead was the last straw. The South had their best year and had a good majority of the East trying to shit on them (hence why Fat Joe says "why's everybody so mad at the South for?"). So, again, when Nas comes with this title the first thought is "he's  going at the South."

Ths has nothing to do with being intelligent, unles of course you're as slow as you are and can't find the logic in this. Jeezy is not The Game of the South. He's  only beefed with Gucci Mane. His getting at Nas, again, was just a culmination of frustration for Southern rappers who have had their best year this year and still got hated on by people. Get the Kufi off your head and Nas' dick out your ass.

SGV

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2006, 11:02:20 PM »
@Jake: I'm simply stating that the South had every reason to take offense to the title BEFORE it was explained. That is all.