Author Topic: The war on drugs is bullshit  (Read 431 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: The war on drugs is bullshit
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 11:38:15 AM »
Virtuoso - Ant does have a pont.  It's ok to take some liberties when typing on an internet message forum, but your posts are extremely difficult to read because there is no structure.  Reading your posts hurts my eyes.  And thats without any regard to the actual content.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 11:49:30 AM »
I think it's crazy to lock someone up for what he does on his on soil to himself. That being said, it's crazy to lock someone up because he been sniffin in his house, without harming anyone but himself.
Im drunk so if dont make sense just ignore it, but does the same opinion hold true for all drugs.  Like crack of example.  If you think someone that is smoking crack only affects that person smoking the crack, you are wrong.  Crack has ruined families and neighborhoods.  You think when all these rappers are joking when they say crack heads steal everything in sight and sell it you are wrong.  crackheads will steal gas caps off of cars just to sell them for a couple of bucks.  The war on drugs is a joke, yes i agree.  But to leagalize everything aint the answer either.

I agree. Drugs never affect only one person.

And I believe sometimes, depending on situations, drug addicts are better gettin' locked up, for their own good. Even if nobody wants it that way.

The war on drugs is fuckin' just sad.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »

Yeah that happen sometimes when I write things down quickly and post without reading over it first. My first response on this thread was very difficult to read it hurt my eyes also now I have re-read it!

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 12:57:28 PM »
Ok here is the first presented in a more understandable format lol

I agree with that, I used to think of drug users even cannabis users as criminals because that is the way they were portrayed on television.  Now I have finally come round to the realisation of why the hell would you punish someone with an addiction to a drug? if they are only causing harm to themselves, well so be it. The help should be there, to rehabilate them as opposed to being needlessly spent on persecuting them. Plus when it comes to drugs such as cannabis, I did not realise that there are other uses for the plant besides just smoking it, namely it's a good alternative for cotton and a good source of fuel. Of course the media never spoke about these aspects so I along with most other people was kept completely in the dark.

In terms of the harder drugs, it's a difficult one I think there has to be enforcement of the supply, but the users should not be prosecuted. There are those who argue for a complete legalisation of drugs and have the drugs regulated, however that is an unrealistic goal, with many of these drugs being potentially fatal to a first time user.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 01:03:23 PM by virtuoso »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 01:38:22 PM »
Ok here is the first presented in a more understandable format lol

I agree with that, I used to think of drug users even cannabis users as criminals because that is the way they were portrayed on television.  Now I have finally come round to the realisation of why the hell would you punish someone with an addiction to a drug? if they are only causing harm to themselves, well so be it. The help should be there, to rehabilate them as opposed to being needlessly spent on persecuting them. Plus when it comes to drugs such as cannabis, I did not realise that there are other uses for the plant besides just smoking it, namely it's a good alternative for cotton and a good source of fuel. Of course the media never spoke about these aspects so I along with most other people was kept completely in the dark.

In terms of the harder drugs, it's a difficult one I think there has to be enforcement of the supply, but the users should not be prosecuted. There are those who argue for a complete legalisation of drugs and have the drugs regulated, however that is an unrealistic goal, with many of these drugs being potentially fatal to a first time user.

I'll help you a little more:

Version 3

I agree with that.  I used to think drug users were criminals because they were portrayed that way on TV.  But now I think we should help drug users instead of punishing them. If they aren't hurting others, they should be free to do as they please.  Also, there are many uses for cannabis that aren't recreational.  It's a good alternative for cotton and a source of fuel. Unfortunately, the media never mentions these qualities.

Dealing with harder drugs is a more difficult issue.  I think we should regulate the supply, but the users should not be prosecuted.  Some people think we should legalize all drugs, but that is an unrealistic goal.  A lot of drugs are potentially fatal for a first time user so that is not a valid option.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »

Ok this really shows your a jackass: firstly there was nothing grammatically incorrect in what I said, it was articulated in an understandable fashion and thirdly in the English (UK) Language, you can never start a new sentence with the word But! So let me help you out, before contesting what I say, pouring scorn on it's validity, read up on it, that way you do not look like an ass, when I highlight the fact that you don't understand the very basics of your own constitution. Of course, I am sure it is not a big deal to you but then again why would it, you display all of the signs of cognitive dissonance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 03:55:03 PM by virtuoso »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 05:56:05 PM »
Ok this really shows your a jackass: firstly there was nothing grammatically incorrect in what I said, it was articulated in an understandable fashion and thirdly in the English (UK) Language, you can never start a new sentence with the word But! So let me help you out, before contesting what I say, pouring scorn on it's validity, read up on it, that way you do not look like an ass, when I highlight the fact that you don't understand the very basics of your own constitution. Of course, I am sure it is not a big deal to you but then again why would it, you display all of the signs of cognitive dissonance.

I corrected your style and made it more readable.  Fewer words are better than more. Compare:

Your version:
200 words 883 letters

My version:
131 words 598 letters

But I didn't do it to be mean.  I just wanted to show you that your writing can be improved.  Of course I realize I broke some rules, but rules do not matter as much when you're writing casually.  It's much more important to give your reader something they can easily read. 

Again, I suggest:

http://www.bartleby.com/141/

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:21:32 PM by Ant »

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »
Half the legislators that are for the war on drugs are doping up themselves so of course its bullshit.

Penn & Teller are the shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »
A good Book on How crack ruined so many lives is Dark Alliance. its by the Journalist that wrote the Newspaper articles. Shows the entire connection with the Iran Contra thing. Has interview with Freeway Ricky Ross as well. Deep Book. Leads one to think that drugs will never be legalized because the US gov't likes to use drug money to fund so many covert ala "Hidden" things that they do.