Author Topic: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?  (Read 1403 times)

herpes

Re: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »
California`s Where I'm At Right: You have nerve to diss the South while you rep Cali. Listen to some Bay music and tell me they aint on that shit the South is on. Fucking hypocrites.

I dont know cali's where Im at's taste in music but who is to say if he likes what coming out of the bay.  The hyphy stuff is a very different sound then your traditional west coast sound.  Me, im from NY and Im down for NY all day every day but it dont mean I like a lot of the trash that comes out of NY

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 11:29:02 PM »
SGV just gets logs on to DubCC when he's mad, ignore him

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 12:45:03 AM »
California`s Where I'm At Right: You have nerve to diss the South while you rep Cali. Listen to some Bay music and tell me they aint on that shit the South is on. Fucking hypocrites.

honestly i'm not into that whole Hyphy and Crunk shit, just because i'm from Cali doesn't mean i listen nor like Hyphy.  I'm just saying most of the shit coming from the south is all about money...money.....money, it's fuckin stupid.  That shit was played out like 5...6 years ago.  For example that song "money in the bank" or something like that, who can honestly say they like that shit?
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 01:28:12 AM »
Nas dissed the South and he pussied out and apologized. Just because cats like Jeezy and Ross aren't gonna let his ass slide doesn't mean they've got a guilty conscience.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WC Iz Active

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 03:22:16 AM »
Nasir lost

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 04:36:16 AM »

honestly i'm not into that whole Hyphy and Crunk shit, just because i'm from Cali doesn't mean i listen nor like Hyphy.  I'm just saying most of the shit coming from the south is all about money...money.....money, it's fuckin stupid.  That shit was played out like 5...6 years ago.  For example that song "money in the bank" or something like that, who can honestly say they like that shit?

You can say the same thing about the west. The west is all about gangbangin. But the truth is, hiphop is in a sad state right now. You cant deny that. Im not saying the music from the west is better, cuz theyve had their share in fucking up hiphop, same for the eastcoast. But it just seems that these days its only about showing how many bitches, gold, cars or whatever you got. Actually its been like that for a long time, but now its getting so obvious because theres so much money in hiphop that every rapper can make a video like that. But i guess thats what happens when a type of music gets comercial. You can say the same thing about reggae back in the day.

But anyway it all comes down to taste, what do you like the most? Personally i dont care for most of the mainstream music. But i got to say 2006 has been a good year for me, music wise. There were some dope albums dropped:

- Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
- Ghostface - More Fish
- The Game - Doctors Advocate
- Ice Cube - Laugh Now Cry Later
- Daz - So So Gangsta
- Xzibit - Full Circle
- Nas - Hiphop Is Dead
- Jay-z - Kingdome Come
- Akon - Konvicted

Im sure im forgetting some...

You can say, if you dont like mainstream hiphop why do you listen to this? Sometimes you just gotta let go, and enjoy an album. But just dont buy every album. Support artists who you think really deserve it.

But its good Nas dropped a album like that, cuz it encourages people to get a little more creative. And especially the south rappers cuz they thought it was directed at them. So it gives them the chance to show Nas that he isnt right.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 04:44:45 AM »
LMAO @ Oklin. You're not a true fan, please stay out of any Hip Hop debates.
:camp:

Diabolical

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 05:28:04 AM »
The east & west is just as much to blame for the "I'm gangsta" & materialistic attitude in hip-hop but no one has such blatantly cash-in orientated as some of the crap that's come out of the south in the past while.

Nice quote in your sig Oklin.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 05:40:19 AM »
Nice quote in your sig Oklin.
thanks.. it was a dope ass concert!.. with Pharoahe Monch as warm up  8)

herpes

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »
Nas dissed the South and he pussied out and apologized. Just because cats like Jeezy and Ross aren't gonna let his ass slide doesn't mean they've got a guilty conscience.

yea going on record for the past few months saying the title isnt about the south even b4 these southern cats got on his case means he pussied out  ::)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »
i can't hate the south cause they got talent, it's only that most of the times they dont really want to put some tight shit. I'd say the south is not different from the east, you got very talented artists who put out some dope ass music like UGK, 8ball & MJG, Chamillionaire, Z-Ro, Trae, T.I., Scarface. Then You have some of the worst shit to ever get release like d4l, them franchise boys, jeezy. They stay united though they all do music togheter wheter it's wack or not. There's a lot of wack rappers in the east 2.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 09:05:07 AM »
I think I'll use a Tupac quote:

"It's not about east or west, its about niggaz and bitches, power and money, riders and punks.  Which side are you on"

I think you can apply it to what is going on here.  There's quality artists coming from EVERY region.  There's also some "artists" (and use that term loosely) that really put out some extreme bullshit from every region.  The latter group are the ones being called out.  There's cats out that are STRICTLY in it for the hustle - smart ass dudes that see that if they go about it a certain way they can get paid.  But these same hustlers are whoring Hip Hop. 

They have ZERO respect for the artistic nature of music.  They know if they consistently chase trends that their shit has a better chance blow and cash in.  That's all it's about.  And I completely understand that angle and mentality in a business sense.  But I'm talking about HIP HOP - NOT BUSINESS.

So while they're pimpin the game they're also destroying it.  But it's not just the artist - it's labels, media, corporations, etc.  All of these aspects are what Nas is talking about when he says Hip Hop Is Dead.  And he gets MAD PROPS for doing it.  Motherfuckers need to be called out.  And cats are mad sensitive because they know what Nas is saying and they know they're guilty.  They don't want to be exposed because it will fuck up their hustle.

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:37 AM »

yea going on record for the past few months saying the title isnt about the south even b4 these southern cats got on his case means he pussied out  ::)
Hey, they're on top right now. Even if it wasn't directed towards the south, they have every right to be pissed about it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 08:16:45 PM »
All taht the south has going for them is the beats. The last time i check on a southern rap's lyrics was Cunninlynguists, and before that... Scarface? Fuck, that just about covers it. West coast and East Coast cats are a lot more diverse in my opinion, and there's a bigger spectrum of whack to sick on both coasts. The south is either Ok, crap, or abosultely unlistenable garbage

The South isn't diverse eh? Ok idiot. Here we go again. Paul Wall sounds nothing like Project Pat, who sounds nothing like Trick Daddy, who sounds nothing like Lil Wayne who sounds nothing like Little Brother, who sounds nothing like Ludacris... You my friend are not educated on Southern Hip Hop. Now be quiet.

I dont know cali's where Im at's taste in music but who is to say if he likes what coming out of the bay.  The hyphy stuff is a very different sound then your traditional west coast sound.  Me, im from NY and Im down for NY all day every day but it dont mean I like a lot of the trash that comes out of NY

That's fine, I never said he liked it. I simply said, he disses the South for something artists in his own state are doing. That's being hypocritical. Sure he got that from a Pac song, but that still signifies him as repping Cali. Last time I checked, the Bay was in Cali. So, Cali is putting out nearly identical music to the South. You can't diss one and not the other. Slap yourself one time Tommy.

You know when I log on? You're a faggot.

Like I said in my post to Tommy: Cali is putting out nearly identical music to the South. You can't diss one and not the other.

But let me ask you, is it better to rap about being a 30 something Crip? Is it better to rap about killing people?

And that quote people are celebrating by Erick Sermon is the exact reason the South is going at Nas for this. Dudes like Kay Slay and Erick Sermon are NY legends and they're really going hard at the South for being on top. And it's not just E Double and Kay Slay, it's plenty of NY rappers that are mad at the South for being on top right now. So when they see an album titled "Hip Hop Is Dead" come out just as they're enjoying the best success they've ever had, what are they going to think? Probably what they're all thinking now "another New York muthafucka mad that he ain't doing as well as we are right now..."

Maybe New York has a guilty conscience. Maybe they deep down wish they could be in the position the South is in. The South can drop a Laffy Taffy track and hold it's cred no problem. NY can't. Nobody wants to hear their shit right now and it frustrates them and their fans.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 08:32:13 PM »
All taht the south has going for them is the beats. The last time i check on a southern rap's lyrics was Cunninlynguists, and before that... Scarface? Fuck, that just about covers it. West coast and East Coast cats are a lot more diverse in my opinion, and there's a bigger spectrum of whack to sick on both coasts. The south is either Ok, crap, or abosultely unlistenable garbage

The South isn't diverse eh? Ok idiot. Here we go again. Paul Wall sounds nothing like Project Pat, who sounds nothing like Trick Daddy, who sounds nothing like Lil Wayne who sounds nothing like Little Brother, who sounds nothing like Ludacris... You my friend are not educated on Southern Hip Hop. Now be quiet.

That's fine, I never said he liked it. I simply said, he disses the South for something artists in his own state are doing. That's being hypocritical. Sure he got that from a Pac song, but that still signifies him as repping Cali. Last time I checked, the Bay was in Cali. So, Cali is putting out nearly identical music to the South. You can't diss one and not the other. Slap yourself one time Tommy.

You know when I log on? You're a faggot.

Like I said in my post to Tommy: Cali is putting out nearly identical music to the South. You can't diss one and not the other.

But let me ask you, is it better to rap about being a 30 something Crip? Is it better to rap about killing people?

And that quote people are celebrating by Erick Sermon is the exact reason the South is going at Nas for this. Dudes like Kay Slay and Erick Sermon are NY legends and they're really going hard at the South for being on top. And it's not just E Double and Kay Slay, it's plenty of NY rappers that are mad at the South for being on top right now. So when they see an album titled "Hip Hop Is Dead" come out just as they're enjoying the best success they've ever had, what are they going to think? Probably what they're all thinking now "another New York muthafucka mad that he ain't doing as well as we are right now..."

Maybe New York has a guilty conscience. Maybe they deep down wish they could be in the position the South is in. The South can drop a Laffy Taffy track and hold it's cred no problem. NY can't. Nobody wants to hear their shit right now and it frustrates them and their fans.
Ok homie, out of those 6cats you mentioned 4 of em have something in common - they suck, or in a less harsh language, the're boring. Acutally scratch that, little brother i spretty boring also
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)