Author Topic: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?  (Read 1402 times)

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Does the south have a guilty conscience ?
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2006, 09:36:25 AM »
all i got to say is this

hip hop is in it's 'hair metal' 'disco' phase sooner or later the industry will see a counter genre much like punk was to disco and grunge was to hair metal, then something else will spawn and we'll all be considered old fuddy duddy's for liking hip hop
[/b]

this is TRUE shit.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »
wow SGV really needs this forum to sound smart cause no one else in the real world gives a fuck, its ok thought SGV i think you are smart =]

Man speaking of people and their moments, remember how much the radio's sucked when G-unit owned them? i live in florida, i never heard crunk, just g-unit g-unit g-unit, mariah carey, then back to g-unit. ahhhh

SGV

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
Theres no need for me to use dubcc to be smart, theres always an idiot like you who makes me look like Einstein. Thanks dumbass.

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2006, 08:54:03 PM »

ILackSense

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »
I don't think that it's that the south has a "guilty conscious" - I think it's the fact that hip-hop heads (esp. New Yorkers, keeping it real) have hated on the south for years now, saying that they're not lyrical. So that now that a New York rapper says that Hip-Hip Is Dead, they think that it's just another person saying the same thing. I don't think that's what Nas was referring to, but they have plenty of reason to believe that. NY hip-hop fans are stuck up as hell (and that's no disrespect, cuz I love NY better than anywhere else, whether it be the actual area or the music from there), and they never give any other coast a chance, whether it's the south, west or midwest.

Sad thing is, south rap really can be lyrical, and people won't give it respect. Take Project Pat for example. His new album "Crook By Da Book: The Fed Story" is dope as hell, cuz it really exemplifies what southern rap is. East rap is primarily characterized by punchlines and wit, while southern rap is based on how much it depicts the culture of the south, and Pat does that perfectly. Pat's talking about broads, making bread, and surviving in the hood by working hard; that's what's really going on in the south, so that's what he raps about, and he does it well. South isn't any better than east coast rap; they're just different, like apples and oranges.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »
I don't think that it's that the south has a "guilty conscious" - I think it's the fact that hip-hop heads (esp. New Yorkers, keeping it real) have hated on the south for years now, saying that they're not lyrical. So that now that a New York rapper says that Hip-Hip Is Dead, they think that it's just another person saying the same thing. I don't think that's what Nas was referring to, but they have plenty of reason to believe that. NY hip-hop fans are stuck up as hell (and that's no disrespect, cuz I love NY better than anywhere else, whether it be the actual area or the music from there), and they never give any other coast a chance, whether it's the south, west or midwest.

Sad thing is, south rap really can be lyrical, and people won't give it respect. Take Project Pat for example. His new album "Crook By Da Book: The Fed Story" is dope as hell, cuz it really exemplifies what southern rap is. East rap is primarily characterized by punchlines and wit, while southern rap is based on how much it depicts the culture of the south, and Pat does that perfectly. Pat's talking about broads, making bread, and surviving in the hood by working hard; that's what's really going on in the south, so that's what he raps about, and he does it well. South isn't any better than east coast rap; they're just different, like apples and oranges.

You summed it up perfectly right there.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels