Author Topic: Social Skill  (Read 761 times)

Samoan Enforcer

Re: Social Skill
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 04:12:54 AM »
How the fuck do you improve that?

When I ask, I don't mean just goin' up and talkin' to people but I say it in a way like, how? How to talk to a person the right way.

Does it gotta do with intelligence?

Ya know, it's like to some people it comes natural as hell, but like when somebody asks ya something and its like you don't know what to say, or you do, but have no fuckin' clue how to word something right.......

...Is that ignorance or intelligence?

I don't know, maybe this will grow out of you??

I'll offer a few things that were taught to me back in 2000 and have worked pretty well since, as far as me getting the kind of results I wanted.

#1.  One book that really helped me understand social ethics was "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield.  There's even a movie if you don't have the time to read the book, although I recommend you read the book slowly and apply it to your life if you want the full effect.  It explains how energy is transferred between human beings, and how to always hold in mind your life's purpose as you approach every person you meet and every conversation and your lives path will evolve at a faster rate.

#2.  One book that really helped me increase my vocabulary was "Soul On Ice" by Eldridge Cleaver.  At the time I read it I had to pull out the dictionary almost every few sentences, but it was well worth it in the end.  It also opened the door for me to continue on reading other material I had previously been unable to read because of my lack of vocabulary and understanding.

#3.  Try to love the person that you are talking to and want what's best for them; although don't tell them what they should do but refer to what people should do in general.

#4.  Know what you are wanting out of the person you are talking to.  You have to know clearly your goal before you can get what you want.  For example, I am trying to be what is called in Islam, a "da-ee" which means one who calls to Allah, so every person I meet I am trying to call to Allah, either directly or indirectly, but the goal is the same.

yeah lets listen to this guy about social skill (cackles like hyena) ha!

Chief

Re: Social Skill
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 07:45:37 AM »

like me, i was born in the middle east, grew up hardcore afghan muslim. so i can communicate with my people, fellow immigrants etc. I also grew up in the PJs, so I got some ghetto ness in me, some street smarts if u will, I can fuck wit ma niggaz. growing up, I kicked it with a wide range of people, white boys, rich kids, 4-5 different ethnic groups etc. I go to university, so now Im interacting with the professional crowd.

So which one is the real you?  Meaning which of those roles do you prefer?

man it's called having different cultural backgrounds, expanding horizons... international if you will.

diversity is much more fun/healthy than isolation.