Author Topic: yo question for the academic brains in here.....or anyone who know they shit  (Read 307 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yo so check it, i gotta paper to do, i decided to post my question up in here because its related to media and democracy and hopefully some if y'all in here can help me get a dope score...........

basically its broken into 2 parts....

the first part of the question is about......

"what is your opinion on the functions of massmedia in a democracy"

and the second part of the question is basically

"and will this processes/functions continue to be successful"

Yo this would greatly appreciated if some of y'all could hit me up with some shit to write about in regards to them questions.......and like ofcourse i need some positives and negatives about arguements made,  a intro and conclusion i can come up with, but i mean just hit me up with some shit i can write about, need help on this like a muhfucka, i got till friday to get this started and done and yo.....the trick is i gotta write this shit in german, so like first imma have to write up an english essay and then try and get it done in german, that language got grammar that be difficult as fuck to learn....anyway yo, help me y'all....this aint about whether u like me or not, this about helping a brother out!!!haha

peace!

p.s.....yo i cannot stress how much i appreciate the input from anycat who helps me out with this shit mang, peace

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Mass media is used to keep most of the population in check. It is a form of brainwashing and the lemmings believe every word that is said.

Narrator

Mass media is used to keep most of the population in check. It is a form of brainwashing and the lemmings believe every word that is said.

Actually, the role of mass media in society tends to be undermining people's faith in government, especially since negative coverage is pretty common.  Not that the system is perfect (in fact, it sucks), but a drop-off in the electorate tends to be the result, and that's bad because it means change rarely occurs.  Which, in turn, feeds people's perception that government doesn't work for them.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In a true democracy, the function of mass media should be put forth the truth and nothing but the truth, in order to keep the public truly informed, acting as the protector against government deceit and lies and of course corruption. However the main problem with this idealistic notion is that it very few media outlets follow this ethos. The mass media has become driven by the need to expand it's operations by acquiring small local outlets across all forms; tv, newspaper and radio. Of course what that does, is reduce the amount of local news coverage but also in many cases, brings about a uniformed message to the viewers readers and listeners.

There is also a great danger that when a media corporation is partisan that you are not getting anything like what is reality and instead waves and waves of propoganda. For instance, look at how Fox news presented the Iraq war as not one based on the lies of weapons of mass destruction but on fighting al "queda" which helps support the government. In addition, they insulate the republican party by only really interviewing people who toe the government line, invariably not allowing much studio time to democrats and to any republicans who feel the Bush administration is anythng but conservative. Fox News are not the only offendersrs, for another example focus in on the news coverage which is given to Israel, not just through Fox coverage but across a wide spectrum of mass media, it's all very one sided with clearly a pro israeli stance. This can be attributed to the fact that on both sides of the house, there is overwhelming support for Israel, stemming from Bush and leading democrat figures likes Howard Dean. You may want to find some quotes to illustrate that but certainly observe how the news is being presented on both fronts.

The other fundamental problem with the mass media, is that the final receipient of the news is viewed as a consumer, therefore a news corporation is not operating on the basis of conveying the best quality news they can muster, they are instead concerned with making the biggest profits and of course concerning themselves with market share. The reasons why the quality of the news then suffers so heavily, is that a large majority of a population has become so heavily reliant on simplistic messages, celebrity news and other trivial issues, that even mass media with the best intentions of having a strong investigative angle, in presenting news in a complex multi faceted format, often find such a strategy untenable because their competitors are giving the "consumers" what they want. The problem is because the general public has been used to the simplified presentation of news items for such a long time, it then becomes very difficult to persuade these people to watch news in a more pure form. Journalists then find themselves in a very difficult posiition they either toe the line, or find themselves jobless. You want to research into the recent trends which show that people are slowly beginning to move away from mass media which is leading to surge in popularity for the independent media. That is just a suggestion but I hope this answer has been useful to you.

One other thing, you need to consider conflict of interests when you are focusing on media from the entertainment angle, for example ABC is owned by Disney and Time Warner owns to name but 2 ....CNN and HBO. You need to consider how these conglomerates will affect the presentation of the news, the quality of the news, the angle of the news, the type of news etc.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:34:17 AM by virtuoso »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yo props to all y'all, yo virtuoso, you be on some other shit with that info homie, props on that, that shits hella useful

Narrator

yo props to all y'all, yo virtuoso, you be on some other shit with that info homie, props on that, that shits hella useful

Actually, he's full of shit.  Don't let his long, drawn-out essays based on ideas he stole from some conspiracy site fool you.

Samoan Enforcer

Actually, he's full of shit.  Don't let his long, drawn-out essays based on ideas he stole from some conspiracy site fool you.

hey thats my line

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Whoever controls the media controls the minds. 

-Therefore, since the Jews own all the major newnetworks, America has become a sattelite for Isreal.  So for example, both presidents gave their full support to Isreal's aparthied of the Palestians, more pointedly the wall that's being biult around the Palestinians on land that is illegally occupied in the first place.

-By the way, even Black Entertainment Television is owned by Jews, by way of Viacom.  So Jews are even in control of the way black people are presented on television, no suprise they got rid of Teen Summit and Tavis Smiley and replaced it with 106 in Park and BETUncut.

-Also, major war contractors like Rupert Murdoch own much of Fox news and the ones running the programming used to serve as media strategists for the Bush senior administation.  So there should be no suprise when the media starts preparing people's minds for war in Iraq, and continues to prepare people's minds for war in Iran, and presents Muslims in a negative light. 

-The media is also used to produce consumers.  That's the way television makes it's money.  By producing consumers.  Ignorant consumers.  The media has an interest in the dumbing down of American's.

LOL.. who's question is this?  It is not successful.  The media offers two choices for president, tweedle dee and tweedle dum.  Both are serving an agenda that is hidden from the people.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
One quick question, how is it a conspiracy when it is true. Do you know what the Lemming Effect is? You seem to be in the crowd of lemmings, my friend. Everybody knows that Zionists run the US media outlets. Everybody knows the Zionist agenda is not one that benefits humanity and the Muslim religion. Do you actually think you are going to get factual news about Muslims ran by a Zionist media outlet? HAHAHAHAHA thats all I have to say.

Trauma-san

Mass Media in democracy is basically a way that the public are informed, most people believe everything they hear from the media like it's god or something when really all it is is people with a job.  The people with a job put a spin on everything just like you and I do, and then say that they don't. 

That the teacher asked you if it would "continue to be successful" shows you where her/his mind is. 

Trauma-san

-Therefore, since the Jews own all the major newnetworks, America has become a sattelite for Isreal.  So for example, both presidents gave their full support to Isreal's aparthied of the Palestians, more pointedly the wall that's being biult around the Palestinians on land that is illegally occupied in the first place.

-By the way, even Black Entertainment Television is owned by Jews, by way of Viacom.  So Jews are even in control of the way black people are presented on television, no suprise they got rid of Teen Summit and Tavis Smiley and replaced it with 106 in Park and BETUncut.

-Also, major war contractors like Rupert Murdoch own much of Fox news and the ones running the programming used to serve as media strategists for the Bush senior administation.  So there should be no suprise when the media starts preparing people's minds for war in Iraq, and continues to prepare people's minds for war in Iran, and presents Muslims in a negative light. 

-The media is also used to produce consumers.  That's the way television makes it's money.  By producing consumers.  Ignorant consumers.  The media has an interest in the dumbing down of American's.

LOL.. who's question is this?  It is not successful.  The media offers two choices for president, tweedle dee and tweedle dum.  Both are serving an agenda that is hidden from the people.

Must not be hidden too well if a dumbass like you sees it.  Or maybe you're wrong... like you always are. 

I love these posts that go "Everybody is blind, except me.  I'm the only one intelligent enough to see it!" Do you understand how incredibly stupid that makes you look?  So naieve.  He's so fucking gulliable he even believe his OWN bullshit. 

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

No problem Lyrical, glad I could help

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Must not be hidden too well if a dumbass like you sees it.  Or maybe you're wrong... like you always are. 

I love these posts that go "Everybody is blind, except me.  I'm the only one intelligent enough to see it!" Do you understand how incredibly stupid that makes you look?  So naieve.  He's so fucking gulliable he even believe his OWN bullshit. 

So your suggesting that the American public in general views the information presented in the media with a critical eye, and makes a strong effort to understand a situation from all angles, and takes into consideration the bias of those who own the media?

You insist on your own nostalgic, mullet wearing, 80's Hulk Hogan "Real American" theme music version of America that you believed as a kid. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 01:57:15 PM by The "Da'ee"- Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Samoan Enforcer

^yes bryan most people do. maybe not your family on the farm in kansas but certainly you dont think you are at all elevated in knowledge from everyone else. if you were you'd realise the futility in your bullshit psuedo intellectual islam rants you bombard us with

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

I'd usually agree with what you say about infinite's posts, but most of what Infinite is saying in this post is true. Jews control the media, FOX News is bias, and the media's only goal is to get more viewers.