Author Topic: We might not be alone after all. Tommorow NASA is supposed to announce  (Read 450 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
about water found on Mars

Chief

Re: We might not be alone after all. Tommorow NASA is supposed to announce
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 12:41:03 AM »
yeah, what will be cool is when they announce bacteria and what not... even then there will be sceptics to 'intelligent' life.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »
Big WoW...

Did anyone doubt there is life in other planets??

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 03:17:01 PM »
Considering the fact we are here, the infinity of space, and the infinity of time, it's only logical that life would have evolved (or generated, if you insist) several and perhaps even many or numerous times.

I hope they will find bacteria or something similar. I don't think I'm ready for intelligent aliens yet,though!
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Chief

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:07:21 AM »
^ pussy  ;D j/p

did they announce the shit yet or what?

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:37:42 AM »
Stephen Hawkings has a theory (which I may or may not agree with) that since Space as we know it is infinite, then an infinity of life and creations and basically EVERYTHING must exist within that space, since it is infinite and we know of no bounds to it. 

Here, think of it this way.

Lessay you live on Broad street, and Broad street is infinitely long.  There are only 10 houses near you, and your house is the only one that's pink.  There must be another pink house on Broad street, because if you drive down Broad street, you'll drive forever.... eventually, in that forever, it might be tommorow it might be 20 million years from now (we are talking forever!), you'll drive up to a pink house exactly like yours, except your door is red and their door is blue. 

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »
Earth rules

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »
I was watching this documentary a few days ago, "what we don't know" i think it was called.....anyways, there was 2 main points

1. Even though it is difficult for life to exist on any one planet (the conditions have to be just right, ie. distance from the sun).....because there are so many galaxies, solar systems and planets....it is basically impossible for there not to be intelligent life out there somewhere.

However, the documentary brought up this paradox..

If it is taken as a given that there is intelligent life out there, how come we havnt seen it?

Our sun is relatively young compared to the age of the universe, there have been countless other suns/planets who started/died out way way way way before our solar system was even around.   By now there should have been a species of intelligent life who had evolved to a point where they were colonizing space.....or even creating/manipulating their own stars,   certainly capable of contacting life on other planets...

Or is it just that space is so mind-blowingly massive, and the proportion of life on planets is so small that we'll forever be seperated by the vastness that is the universe? 

I dig that trippy universe shit, it makes us seem so small and insignificant..
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »
But people have seen it. What do you think those millions of sightings of UFOs are and endless government documentation along with government agents testimony, from every countries is? I don't see the toothfairy and other fictional things such as ghosts getting government agencies all pissed off so that they have to write numerous reports about them. You have to be self centered thinking and very closeminded to think that we are the only lucky intelligent being to be in a infinte space. There are new types of physics that are being discovered as we speak.. Scientists have figured out antigravity propulsion that can launch us faster than the speed of light. It has to do with a certain frequency surrounding a superconductor. This is also the concept around zero point energy. People need know there shit before having an arguement about this type of stuff. Amazingly 90% don't know what they are talking about and blast out ignorant comments.

Sparegeez

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 11:07:09 AM »
Space is scary

Chief

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »
But people have seen it. What do you think those millions of sightings of UFOs are and endless government documentation along with government agents testimony, from every countries is? I don't see the toothfairy and other fictional things such as ghosts getting government agencies all pissed off so that they have to write numerous reports about them. You have to be self centered thinking and very closeminded to think that we are the only lucky intelligent being to be in a infinte space. There are new types of physics that are being discovered as we speak.. Scientists have figured out antigravity propulsion that can launch us faster than the speed of light. It has to do with a certain frequency surrounding a superconductor. This is also the concept around zero point energy. People need know there shit before having an arguement about this type of stuff. Amazingly 90% don't know what they are talking about and blast out ignorant comments.

Anti-gravity is a recurring theme in science fiction, particularly in the context spacecraft propulsion. Often a special "gravity shield" or "anti-gravity force field" cancels the effects of gravity, allowing a spacecraft to accelerate. Science has, as yet, failed to find any such force, and the present laws of physics appear to rule out the possibility of anti-gravity. Nonetheless, some have studied possible methods of achieving such effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-gravity

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 04:39:18 AM »
LOL do you even understand the science behind anti-gravity propulsion. Obviously you don't because you would not have pulled up such an a Wikipedia entry of the definition. It is not science fiction believe me. I'm not using Star Trek for my scientific hypothesis.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 04:47:52 AM »
Here is a really recent excerpt from an article on upcoming technolgical advances.

Source:
http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?menu=c10400&no=331929&rel_no=1

Anti-gravity
In March of this year the European Space Agency announced that Dr. Tajmar, ARC Seibersdorf Research GmbH, Austria and colleagues, and Dr. Clovis de Matos, ESA-HQ, Paris had succeeded in creating artificial gravity in their laboratory. This new chapter on gravity could "form the basis for a new technological domain" according to its discoverers. The discovery was guaranteed to create controversy in physics circles... and it has not disappointed.

Just as a moving electrical charge creates a magnetic field, a rotating superconductor generates a gravitomagnetic field as predicted by Einstein's Theory of General Relativity (GR). However, GR predicts that the gravitomagnetic effect is virtually negligible, less than one part in a trillion.

"Magical" Physics

Physics Magic:
Invisibility
Theorized by established scientists since:
1940s - negative refraction material
1960s - metamaterials
2003 - invisibility barrier
Contradicts:
Index of Refraction, or right -handedness
Amazes:
Our very eyes

Physics Magic:
Anti-gravity (modified gravity)
Late 1800s - co-gravitational force
1989 - Cooper-pair anomaly
Contradicts:
Aspects of General Relativity
Amazes:
Our sense of what is UP

Physics Magic:
Perpetual motion (over-unity)
None notable
Contradicts:
Conservation of energy
Amazes:
Our expectation of entropy

The effects measured by Tajmar were a million trillion trillion times (30 orders of magnitude) stronger than predicted by GR. "We ran more than 250 experiments, improved the facility over 3 years and discussed the validity of the results for 8 months before making this announcement. Now we are confident about the measurement," says Tajmar, who summarizes and refines their results in a recent article.

Tajmar and de Matos believe that further experimentation could "produce even larger gravitational fields in laboratories." If validated, it would provide the first such peer-reviewed confirmation of a relationship between electromagnetic and gravitational forces 17 orders of magnitude greater than that produced by normal matter. Their findings would certainly seem on the edge of "crank" science were it not for the fact that it was funded jointly by ESA and the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research.

Demonstrating a gravity-modifying generator today would be the equivalent of unveiling an electric dynamo in the era of steam power. It changes the rules. What will the everyday applications of this technology be? A cover story in New Scientist magazine (Nov. 11-17, 2006) suggested as outcomes for this technology, "Levitating cars, zero-g playgrounds, tractor beams to pull objects towards you, glassless windows that use repulsive fields to prevent things passing through. Let your imagination run riot..."

At least two other (unidentified) physics labs are currently attempting to replicate the work of Tajmar and de Matos. Results are expected some time in 2007.

Chief

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 07:57:40 AM »
^cool.. but
Nonetheless, some have studied possible methods of achieving such effects.
they havent achieved it YET have they???

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »
Is the Earth the planet we can live 'inside'?

Cuz Mars is just a surface, right? No sky?