Author Topic: Dope new 9th Wonder interivew.. speaking the truth!!  (Read 460 times)

SGV

Re: Dope new 9th Wonder interivew.. speaking the truth!!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 04:53:54 AM »
And those three rappers are credited with the first Rap song. So from jump street, Hip Hop has been about Money. Try again.

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 04:56:17 AM »
You know SGV, I never understood why your karma is so low.

SGV

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 04:59:04 AM »
Yeah... People on Dubcc are hurt by the truth.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 06:02:26 AM »

Here have a prop.

Jakubs

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 11:23:13 PM »
Great read. 9th provides a lot of knowledge. I often find myself criticizing others musical taste, which is just foolish when I take the time to realize what I'm doing. There's plenty of good music in all genres released every year. Not to mention that there's a lot of music that I've never heard and will probably love when I do. My favorite part of the interview was when he talks about being knowledgeable about hip-hop before diving in head first. I wish some of the colleges around here had hip-hip classes. I would take those for the hell of it because it would mark the first time I was actually interested in a class and wanted to attend it on a daily basis.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 03:03:10 AM »

Here have a prop.

And lol at thinking rappers dont get into music biz for the money  ::)

Don Mega

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Doggpound just for the fuck of it
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 03:06:48 AM »
It's funny, his comments about grown up music.

I remember back in 98, the first time i saw snoop. It was the best concert ever, i listened to snoop exclusively for months and months after that. Lol i sweat to God, i was walking around in snoop t-shirts feeling on top of the world  ;D

Now, i don't really get that much into that kind of music. I'm still loyal to snoop and buys his music, but not with the same passion. I really can't relate to what he's saying, so for me now the best music is cunninlynguists, immortal tech, planet asia, jedi mind, little brother, murs etc. etc.

I anyone dislikes the "50 cent era" it's me, but you can't really knock it. I too started out listening to nwa, the early death row and 2Pac... it's the same music! You can discuss the quality and originality of 50 cent vs. nwa/death row/2pac, but none the less it's the same music.

Suddenly i understand why my father used to lecture me in music, i see myself doing that sometimes to people who hasn't discovered all what hiphop (theres more to it than music) has to offer. But still, you can't knock the fact that they listen to 50 cent and music like that, respect is what hiphop is about as well.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 05:16:46 AM »
lol @ the hip hop spirit

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 07:25:07 AM »
this oklin dude turned into a hiphop head all of a sudden.. lol :laugh:

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 12:42:21 PM »
9th wonder is the truth...that is all...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
And those three rappers are credited with the first Rap song. So from jump street, Hip Hop has been about Money. Try again.

Not only that...

BDP is about getting paid - KRS-One
EPMD stood for Erick and Parrish Making Dollars
Erick B and Rakim had an album called "Paid in Full".

It's been about the money from jump. Do you think Mos Def, Talib Kweli or Common would rap for chump change? They're talented artists but don't kid yourself, they want to make money just like the rappers some of yall despise.

I'm not a 50 Cent fan but he raps about the streets, just like Melle Mel did. He makes party music, just like Afrika Bambaataa did.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »
Just cuz you make club shit, gangsta shit, backpacker shit, shit for the ladies, etc. doesn't mean you are or are not hip hop.  It's all about the way you do it.

There's no problem making club joints.  There's obviously a market for it and some of the best hip hop songs ever could be classified as club joints.  The problem is that so much mainstream media will only play your shit if it sounds like that.  There's not enough diversification.  Sometimes I wanna cool out - maybe hear some Devin.  Maybe I just got wronged by the man and I wanna hear Public Enemy.  Maybe I'm wearing my backpack and wanna hear Digable Planets.  That's my beef - they try to perpetrate like Hip Hop is only one side these days.  Give me the whole fuckin smorgasbord.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »
Just cuz you make club shit, gangsta shit, backpacker shit, shit for the ladies, etc. doesn't mean you are or are not hip hop.  It's all about the way you do it.

There's no problem making club joints.  There's obviously a market for it and some of the best hip hop songs ever could be classified as club joints.  The problem is that so much mainstream media will only play your shit if it sounds like that.  There's not enough diversification.  Sometimes I wanna cool out - maybe hear some Devin.  Maybe I just got wronged by the man and I wanna hear Public Enemy.  Maybe I'm wearing my backpack and wanna hear Digable Planets.  That's my beef - they try to perpetrate like Hip Hop is only one side these days.  Give me the whole fuckin smorgasbord.

If that's the case, get mad at the actual culprit. Get mad at the industry for only promoting certain types of music. All of this stuff happened right after all the record labels consolidated and the media outlets consolidated. Many retail record stores have disappeared. Tower records is gone, the werehouse is all but gone, Virgin megastores has downsized. Many smaller chains like Music Market disappeared. I don't think it's a coincidence that the quality of the music released by the mainstream deteriorated right around when this all started happening. Blame Viacom, Sony, GE, Clear Channel, they're the ones controlling all of this. When you have only a handful of companies that control the supply chain this is what happens. You turn music into a cheap commodity like coca cola or toothpaste and you mass produce it. Don't get mad at the south or whatever random rapper that's popular this month or whoever sold 5 million records or what not. The machine is way way bigger than that.

One other thing, with all this hip hop is dead talk, I thought hip hop was from the streets. I thought the streets fueled this shit. As far as I'm concerned, hip hop cannot die unless you remove the streets from the equation. In a way, things are reverting to way things were in the 80's when I got into hip hop. Back then, radio stations didn't fuck with it. MTV didn't fuck with it. You had to dig for shit back then and depend on word of mouth. Power 106 was playing Debbie Gibson. 92.3 the beat didn't even exist yet and when it came out, they only played R&B. KDAY's signal was so weak you couldn't get it most places. At least now, we have the internet, which allows artists to interact with their fans more directly then artists could do back then.

Things aren't as bad as they seem.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels