Author Topic: The greatest part of history.  (Read 232 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
The greatest part of history.
« on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »
Nothing is more powerful than this. Nothing. I believe this man is one of the greatest to ever walk this earth. A very important part of history, arguably the greatest. To me, it is. I don't think it's possible to watch this clip without gettin' the chills. Incredible feeling. You can't even say nothing to this becuz all it does is leave you speechless.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAKnMLPus1M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PAKnMLPus1M</a>

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Re: The greatest part of history.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 07:55:02 PM »
He was indeed one of the greatest BUT  history goes waaaay longer than the television generation my friend.   There were other great men like him who fought for the freedom of humans as well.

Read up on Cyrus The Great in wikipedia to find out more....

Cyrus Cylinder: The First Declaration of Human Rights

The Cyrus Cylinder artifact was inscribed in Babylonian cuneiform at Cyrus' command after his conquest of Babylon.

Sometime after his ascention, Cyrus issued what is now called the world's first Human Rights and Freedom declaration. In addition to this declaration, the "Cyrus Cylinder", which was discovered in 1879 in Babylon, recounts his victories and merciful acts, and documents his royal lineage.

In 1971, the United Nations published a translation of the document in all the official U.N. languages. A replica of the Cyrus Cylinder has been on display at United Nations headquarters in New York City as a tribute to Cyrus' display of respect and tolerance. [26]

The cylinder decrees the normal themes of Persian rule: respect for the gods of all peoples, just and peaceful rule, and the power and glory of the empire.

Chief

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:29 PM »
i agree man, very powerful...

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 05:54:50 AM »
Yes, very powerful, I would say the greatest part of history would probably be the exodus from egypt of the jews.  Really somethings are impossible to categorize or rate though, so we could all have our own monumental event that we think is huge, I'm sure there were wars and emancipations of millions of people at a time that I've never even heard of. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 05:58:04 AM »
Oh, and since we're talking Dr. King, I believe he was one of the greatest to walk the earth, but not for the reasons that are unfortunately attributed to him today.  When you've got everybody from the black panthers to racists to the nation of islam copping things he said and acting like he meant something he did not, it's kind of sad to see his memory perverted like that.  The things that have been attributed to him that did not actually occur are what hide his true leadership and love for all humankind, and it's sad that it's knocked down his legacy slightly.  If you look @ his speeches, and look at what he stood for in his lifetime (not after) and what he said and did with his life, he truly was one of the most beautiful people to ever live in the public eye. 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 06:07:37 AM »
^ Becuz Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are ass holes LOL.

That's true. Martin didn't do this just for black people, he did it for everyone. He's a great!!

But yeah I'm sure there is many many people out there who did amazing stuff and don't get recognized. But he was so famous and so brave and intelligent, this cat is the greatest.

When you hear his voice or read his speech, it's fuckin' amazing.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
Definetly a great man, goes up there with Ghandy  and the rest of em.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »
damn though its really sad to see people like him have to die throughout history just for trying to live right and help others

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 07:02:13 PM »
1963-1972ish .... esp the san fransisco lsd "Summer of love" part....

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:36:16 PM »
You mean the kind of stuff Jefferson Airplane was into? LOL

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 03:36:05 AM »
^ it just wasnt the drugs or the music, it just was an amaizng era, the original post was in this era as well, i agree with the greatness of it.

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 10:11:10 AM »
it was a time when Men nor Women were NOT afraid to die if necessary for what they believe. So many told Martin to stop because they were afraid that White people would "crush" the whole movement for civil rights. But he did it. his greatest work was what he was doing when he died. He took on Poverty in the Ghetto's and Vietnam, which is what most people believe is what got him killed.