Author Topic: Creatine  (Read 259 times)

swangin and bangin

Creatine
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:39:37 PM »
is it bad to take Creatine ?

Chief

Re: Creatine
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:39:50 AM »
why would you want to? it provides no real useful benefits... all it does is pump your muscles full of water... there are no long term benefits of taking it.

Outlaw Immortal

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 12:51:51 AM »
Creatine has uses, after a hard workout, usually the next day you would be really tired and in pain, creatin reduces the pain, the only disadvantage of using it long term is that it can cause liver failure. But its alright to use it for 1month every few months, so that no long term impact can happen.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 04:36:01 AM »
Where do you guys get fed these loads of bullshit? There is no known side effects to creatine since it is naturally produced. Out of the millions of people who have taken creatine regularly for years there have been no known harmful effects. However if you don't drink enough water you can get kidney stone which pretty much a given. You just have to up your water intake when you take it and you will be fine. There are creatines such as Creatine Ethyl Ester which is a creatine with a extra branch of ethyl on it to get rid of water retention. I recommend about 3 grams a day as your body secretes 2.5 grams a day. This is a lower dose than the recommended 5 on the package and it works just as well. Creatine is proven to have benefits towards the heart and improved brain function as well. As well as muscle building benefits in the ATP process.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 06:21:35 AM »
^Well there is a lot of misinformation out to make things like creatine look bad, because many people are jealous when others build muscles easier due to the use of third party products.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
use glutomine.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 12:56:45 PM »
creatine is just fine for you. as long as you work out extra hard while using it, thats what its there for, overhydrated muslces perform better if youre just makin shakes or somethin and not putting in a good hour lifting than its most likely not gonna work to its full potential.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »
You get enough glutamine from protein shakes. Usually all of them have a good amount in it.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:23:22 AM »
Creatine is good if you're committed to building muscle, I've personally never finished a cycle tho (me too lazy).   I have heard that if you take it too much, your body could stop producing it on it's own, and you'll become dependent on it (that's why they say to do it in cycles)

I know they give it to cows tho.  So it can't be that bad, right? I dunno.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »
Is protein kinda like creatine, don't they both build musscle?