Author Topic: ANybody tired of Espn hatin on the Lakers???  (Read 1095 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: ANybody tired of Espn hatin on the Lakers???
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 07:21:14 AM »
I am definitely a strong Lakers fan...but I don't think they hate on em nearly as much as they used to. They still say lil shit about them here n there, but they don't say too much that is blatantly hating, especially not as much as they did when Kobe first caught the case and 2005 when we didn't make the playoffs. There are some analysts who seem to favor them, and some to seem to always have something negative to say.

To me.....I don't really see them as being as much East Coast biased as I see them as complete, blatant, dickriders. When they realized USC was for real, they jocked the hell outta them and hated on everybody else, including Texas...and I'm a SC fan. They made it sound like Vince Young wasn't for real til he won that game, and then there were still some analysts saying "USC still could beat them, but they just didn't tonight".

In 2004, I definitely remember them saying this in the 2nd round....."NOBODY from the Eastern Conference will win a championship for at least five years". Before the Lakers and Pistons series, NOOOBODY was goin for the Pistons, and I remember them saying "I'll be surprised if the Pistons win a single game"....but as soon as the series was over, "The Lakers never had much of a chance."

With the Lakers in 06, they made it sound like we couldn't even make the playoffs in 2006, until late in the season, when all of a sudden, "they might actually upset the Suns"...and when we were up 3-1, they all had that "I told you so" vibe....and soon as they lost, it was like "well......the Lakers don't have that experience they need". When this season first started, I remember two of the writers on "Around the horn" saying that "The Lakers are truly contenders for the title" and two were saying "They need a lot of experience, and they might not even make the playoffs".

For USC this year, they were hella up and down on them. For the first few weeks, all I heard is "they haven't played anybody for real, and they have barely been winning, so they aren't a serious contender". When they lost to Oregon St., it was like "I told you so"...but after they won the rest of their games before ND, it was like "USC is still a top team", and when they beat ND, it was "Yes, this is not just a mere shadow of the 2005 team, they are a great team who deserves to be #2.........as long as they beat UCLA". So as soon as they lose to UCLA, "they definitely weren't deserving of the #2 spot, and they proved that they are not as good of a team as people thought".

I don't even want to get in the up and down pattern of dickriding and doubting that they've been doing on Reggie Bush this year, and the same for Vince Young and Matt Lienart since last year. They don't just wait until a few games to comment....they seem to make strong judgments after EVERY game. I remember a month ago, it was "Reggie Bush isn't even the best rookie on his team"....to "after that four touchdown game, he is now a candidate for rookie of the year".

So yeah......I just feel that they basically dickride and love to say "I told you so", and when they get proven wrong, it's more less "well that player/team did/didn't live up to their expectations" versus "we made a very inaccurate prediction".

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 11:36:59 AM »
ESPN is building a broadcasting center in downtown LA, so hopefully that will help eliminate some of the bias.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »
Last night they went along with the whole "Lakers haven't played alot of road games so their record in not that impresive"  >:(

they have been impressive either way, but didnt they play like 8 of there last 10 at home?
That does help, but its not like every team doesnt play 41 home games...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 11:33:34 PM »
Tonights game vs Rockets really had me pissed off at the ESPN announcers.They keeped on commenting about how Kobe is taking to  many shots but yet they were all on Yao's nutts with pretty much the same amount of shots taken.Fuck em and feed them cold sardins.They just kept on bashin the Lakers and Kobe.The only i reason i even watch Lakers on ESPN because i have an HDTV and they broadcast it in HD.I dunno i might just put a radio and mute the TV for their next Laker game and see how that works out.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 02:45:48 AM »
i think it usually depends on what sports writers they have on there, most of them are from chicago or new york newspapers, every now and then they throw in an la times reporter, but it's always someone from the chicago sun times or some shit.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »
I heard J.Barry was acting like a piece of shit during the Lakers/Rocket game last night.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 10:28:54 AM »
I heard J.Barry was acting like a piece of shit during the Lakers/Rocket game last night.

how so?

The Best of 3 Worlds

wcsoldier

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 10:36:31 AM »
Well, John Barry played for the Rockets so .... he still admitted : "Kobe Bryant is the closest thing to MJ we'll ever see"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »
LMAO@anyone denying BSPN being the BIGGEST Laker hating organization of all time. They might hate the west, but NOTHING like they hate the Lakers/Kobe... Shit disgusts me every time I see it (other than Greg Anthony, who's the only decent one)...And now they've added Jon Barry too, who's still bitter over losing his playing time with the Lakers to Kobe...They all have a DEEP HATRED for the Lakers filled with passion, and everyone knows it...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 01:54:52 PM »
LMAO@anyone denying BSPN being the BIGGEST Laker hating organization of all time. They might hate the west, but NOTHING like they hate the Lakers/Kobe... Shit disgusts me every time I see it (other than Greg Anthony, who's the only decent one)...And now they've added Jon Barry too, who's still bitter over losing his playing time with the Lakers to Kobe...They all have a DEEP HATRED for the Lakers filled with passion, and everyone knows it...PeACe

Stephen A. Smith is cool too. Probably the least biased of anybody who works for that company.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 01:57:29 PM »

Stephen A. Smith is cool too. Probably the least biased of anybody who works for that company.

Stephen A Smith is still a certified Laker/Kobe hater...He's lightened up these last few years though.

$Eg2$

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 04:44:44 PM »

how so?

J Barry said How Yao was making all these shots then Said "Kobe is taking alot of shots but not making them" . I think Kobe took like 4 more shots then Yao did and scored almost 20 more points then Yao.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 04:50:55 PM »

Stephen A Smith is still a certified Laker/Kobe hater...He's lightened up these last few years though.

I remember during the playoffs he was saying "the Lakers are exposing the Suns for being a soft team" and he kept yelling about how Kobe should be the MVP.

Of course he's also a Shaq fanboy, but he doesn't usually play favorites.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

I remember during the playoffs he was saying "the Lakers are exposing the Suns for being a soft team" and he kept yelling about how Kobe should be the MVP.

Of course he's also a Shaq fanboy, but he doesn't usually play favorites.

That's why I said he lightened up, he really seemed to go out of character and started being pro Lakers this summer after Kobe gave him his props. He's still BEEN known throughout his career as a Laker hater though...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 06:11:23 PM »

how so?

J Barry said How Yao was making all these shots then Said "Kobe is taking alot of shots but not making them" . I think Kobe took like 4 more shots then Yao did and scored almost 20 more points then Yao.

Fuck J.Barry... ;D
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/CkzFtV5f3bg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/CkzFtV5f3bg</a>