Author Topic: Question for all Christians!  (Read 1918 times)

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
Question for all Christians!
« on: December 18, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »
I asked this question on another site but I'm trying to get a bigger perspective.

Ok, been wondering about this for a minute now. Adam and Eve eating the apple from the forbidden tree is what brought sin into this world correct? The penalty for Sin was death.. So this is why it was necessary for The Chris to come and die for sin, so that we all may be able to live forever(after death of course).. Well, according to the bible and Christian belief, the only way to receive this gift Jesus has given the world, is to simply accept that he is our personal lord and savior, and that he died for our sins. Well, this is where the confusing part comes in..

What happens to all of those billions of people that were here before Christ? What is their salvation? What special things did they have to do in order to achieve ever lasting life, since there was no Savior for them to accept and believe in, only Elohim. Doesn't make sense to say Jesus died for them also since they had no idea about it, and there was nothing for them to accept and believe in besides Elohim. And if they were able to gain entry into heaven through worship, following God's law, and believing in God, then what use did Jesus have? Why flip the script and give us different guidelines than the ones before Christ? Did Moses accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior? What about Adam? I'm trying to learn and this is an honest question. Can some one please enlighten me?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:33:37 PM by sonofisis »
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Question for all Christians!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:51:54 PM »
they had to sacrifice something like their best sheep or something like that

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 08:52:40 PM »
^ just thought of something right now, perhaps that's why jesus is called the lamb of god

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Chief

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 08:53:36 PM »
what makes you think there were billions of people before christ?

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »
Mormons have really interesting beliefs on this, you should ask one sometime about it.  Makes a lot of sense to me.  Basically, in a nutshell, Mormons believe the only people that go to hell are those who actively choose evil, knowing the difference between good and evil and choosing evil anyways.  They believe that the plan of Christ's salvation is eternal and basically is known througout the universe, throughout time... and before we ever lived on this earth we accepted the plan and are all already believers, and in fact came to earth as spirits born into bodies to learn of a physical existance, and to have the opportunity to blindly wonder and let our hearts and conscience guide us to right ways.  In heaven under god we were never free since we had no choice but to follow the light since it was so blindingly clear.  On earth we're ignorant of the bigger scheme of things so we have to make the best of it with only our hearts to guide us.  Those who choose to follow their hearts will return to heaven with a body in tow, those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.  Christ's salvation was more of a gift to us than something that must be accepted, since by definition the only souls who made the trip to earth were those who already knew of the plan and agreed to play along with it. 

As for those who died before Christ was born, after their death their spirits were free of the monotony of human existance, i.e. breathing eating worrying about death fighting to survive, and with a less cluttered mind you can easily see the truths and the laws of the universe, the creator and his son, our brother Jesus is of course one of those laws, anybody who has died likely knows immediately of their role in the scheme of things and also the role that Christ plays. 

Personally I have very little figured out but I know for a fact that I do, at all times, what I feel in my heart is the correct and fair, honest thing to do.  When I make mistakes I try not to make them again.  I'm confident that I'm living my life to the best of my abilities, and any fair god would not punish me for my ignorance and my short comings. 

Mormons believe that men like Ghandi and Budda likely receive a much greater reward in heaven than men like you or I, even if we're christians and they're not, because they did much more with their lives and had a stronger impact on the world.  Remember in the bible, Moses was judged more harshly by God because Moses was more knowledgeable.  The bible has him being punished with never seeing the promised land, after 40 years of wondering, because he struck a rock instead of talking to it like God told him to do.  Something as simple as that little act of obedience he was severely punished for because he was so nearly perfect.  Someone who knows nothing of God likely is treated very kindly and given a lot of room for error by a fair god. 

Just my ramblings. 

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »

what makes you think there werent?

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 09:28:34 PM »
I guess God was forgiving everybody, I dont know lol. You know more about this than me and I'm a Christian.

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »
Mormons have really interesting beliefs on this, you should ask one sometime about it.  Makes a lot of sense to me.  Basically, in a nutshell, Mormons believe the only people that go to hell are those who actively choose evil, knowing the difference between good and evil and choosing evil anyways.  They believe that the plan of Christ's salvation is eternal and basically is known througout the universe, throughout time... and before we ever lived on this earth we accepted the plan and are all already believers, and in fact came to earth as spirits born into bodies to learn of a physical existance, and to have the opportunity to blindly wonder and let our hearts and conscience guide us to right ways.  In heaven under god we were never free since we had no choice but to follow the light since it was so blindingly clear.  On earth we're ignorant of the bigger scheme of things so we have to make the best of it with only our hearts to guide us.  Those who choose to follow their hearts will return to heaven with a body in tow, those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.  Christ's salvation was more of a gift to us than something that must be accepted, since by definition the only souls who made the trip to earth were those who already knew of the plan and agreed to play along with it. 

As for those who died before Christ was born, after their death their spirits were free of the monotony of human existance, i.e. breathing eating worrying about death fighting to survive, and with a less cluttered mind you can easily see the truths and the laws of the universe, the creator and his son, our brother Jesus is of course one of those laws, anybody who has died likely knows immediately of their role in the scheme of things and also the role that Christ plays. 

Personally I have very little figured out but I know for a fact that I do, at all times, what I feel in my heart is the correct and fair, honest thing to do.  When I make mistakes I try not to make them again.  I'm confident that I'm living my life to the best of my abilities, and any fair god would not punish me for my ignorance and my short comings. 

Mormons believe that men like Ghandi and Budda likely receive a much greater reward in heaven than men like you or I, even if we're christians and they're not, because they did much more with their lives and had a stronger impact on the world.  Remember in the bible, Moses was judged more harshly by God because Moses was more knowledgeable.  The bible has him being punished with never seeing the promised land, after 40 years of wondering, because he struck a rock instead of talking to it like God told him to do.  Something as simple as that little act of obedience he was severely punished for because he was so nearly perfect.  Someone who knows nothing of God likely is treated very kindly and given a lot of room for error by a fair god. 

Just my ramblings. 
You see, If I were to agree with everything else Mormons said I'd probably except this. But these are the same people who used "the curse of Ham" to justify being racist and not admitting black people for many years, so I will always see Mormonism as just another cult in Utah.. Nice contribution though, thanx for the response, just coming from the Mormon perspective is something I can't accept. Are you Mormon by the way? No offense if you are.

Use common sense, if Christ only came 2,000 years ago, and there's over 6 billion people here today, imagine how many people came and went during the time period before Jesus. I don't care if it was 4,000 or 2 million years, there had to be billions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:30:46 AM by sonofisis »

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »
I think that's the purpose of Judgement day? I'm pretty sure the bible says nobody gets to go to heaven until after Christ's second coming.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 11:12:27 PM »

those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.   

So that would include the leadership of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), since they openly gave their approval to Bush's oppression in Iraq that has caused the death of nearly a half a million people.

In other words, what you posted was interesting and sounded good, but in actions Mormons are hypocritical, as evidenced by the Church's continued support for Bush's foriegn policy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:14:24 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 02:09:34 AM »

Just in time for   "Post of the Year"
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 06:21:53 AM »

Just my ramblings. 
You see, If I were to agree with everything else Mormons said I'd probably except this. But these are the same people who used "the curse of Ham" to justify being racist and not admitting black people for many years, so I will always see Mormonism as just another cult in Utah.. Nice contribution though, thanx for the response, just coming from the Mormon perspective is something I can't accept. Are you Mormon by the way? No offense if you are.

Use common sense, if Christ only came 2,000 years ago, and there's over 8 billion people here today, imagine how many people came and went during the time period before Jesus. I don't care if it was 4,000 or 2 million years, there had to be billions.

No, I'm not mormon, but just because you don't believe 1 thing someone believes doesn't mean that the rest of what they say isn't true.  BTW, the curse of ham thing is bullshit, you've been given some wrong information... likely by another christian. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 06:23:15 AM »

those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.   

So that would include the leadership of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), since they openly gave their approval to Bush's oppression in Iraq that has caused the death of nearly a half a million people.

In other words, what you posted was interesting and sounded good, but in actions Mormons are hypocritical, as evidenced by the Church's continued support for Bush's foriegn policy.

Hi Brian, I support George Bush's wars in Iraq and Afganistan that has caused the death of nearly a half million people.  I think I'll be in Heaven, along WITH George Bush, he's a great man and a great leader.

Will your drunk dad be in Heaven?  I hope so, but the way he's entirely destroyed your life through his drinking makes me wonder. 

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:16 AM »

Just my ramblings. 

Use common sense, if Christ only came 2,000 years ago, and there's over 8 billion people here today, imagine how many people came and went during the time period before Jesus. I don't care if it was 4,000 or 2 million years, there had to be billions.

No, I'm not mormon, but just because you don't believe 1 thing someone believes doesn't mean that the rest of what they say isn't true.  BTW, the curse of ham thing is bullshit, you've been given some wrong information... likely by another christian. 
"another" Christian? Bruh, I'm not Christian. And The Curse Of Ham is bullshit, but it wasn't bullshit to Mormons dog, read about it.. I know what I'm talking about..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacks_and_Mormonism

Chief

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 10:08:07 AM »

Just in time for   "Post of the Year"

lol..

i thought it was a legit question though? we have 6.5 billion peeps cruisin around now, and it's estimated the total amount of people ever lived is between 45-125 billion... and it's also estimated in 8000BC there were 5000 people and in 1AD there were 300,000 people... so most the people that ever lived, is in the last 2000 years. i'm too tired to do the math, but it's not that outrageous that there were less than 1billion peeps before christ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population