Author Topic: Question for all Christians!  (Read 1896 times)

Chief

Re: Question for all Christians!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »
and before we ever lived on this earth we accepted the plan and are all already believers, and in fact came to earth as spirits born into bodies to learn of a physical existance, and to have the opportunity to blindly wonder and let our hearts and conscience guide us to right ways.  In heaven under god we were never free since we had no choice but to follow the light since it was so blindingly clear.  On earth we're ignorant of the bigger scheme of things so we have to make the best of it with only our hearts to guide us.  Those who choose to follow their hearts will return to heaven with a body in tow, those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.  Christ's salvation was more of a gift to us than something that must be accepted, since by definition the only souls who made the trip to earth were those who already knew of the plan and agreed to play along with it. 

that is quite interesting...

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51:27 AM »
what makes you think there were billions of people before christ?

Just in time for   "Post of the Year"

lol..

i thought it was a legit question though? we have 6.5 billion peeps cruisin around now, and it's estimated the total amount of people ever lived is between 45-125 billion... and it's also estimated in 8000BC there were 5000 people and in 1AD there were 300,000 people... so most the people that ever lived, is in the last 2000 years. i'm too tired to do the math, but it's not that outrageous that there were less than 1billion peeps before christ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
I found out a while ago not to trust wikipedia when it comes to stats.. Given what I know about ancient Egypt, Sumer, Greece, Rome, Babylon, Nubia, Axum, Olmecs, Indus Valley Dravidians, Persia, ancient China, it is extremely hard to believe that all of these civilizations combined comprised no more than 50,000 people in 1AD..  Just given the descriptions of battle in where Rome was said to enter battles with as many as 10,000 soldiers(this doesn't include women, young children, and farmers of the population), would you really be inclined to believe that there were only 50,000 people world wide? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on wikipedia and that can be proven wrong with out a shadow of a doubt, no contest. I'd estimate more like a few million world wide at that particular point in time. That is a lot more logical..

Anyways, back to the topic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:55:02 AM by sonofisis »
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

Chief

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 11:12:53 AM »
^at 1AD the current population was at 300,000 people... doesnt seem right i agree with you there... but i dont think it would be more than a few million. but a billion is 1000 million... i dont know, i could be wrong, but it's not THAT outrageous to think there were less than a billion people before christ is it?

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
^at 1AD the current population was at 300,000 people... doesnt seem right i agree with you there... but i dont think it would be more than a few million. but a billion is 1000 million... i dont know, i could be wrong, but it's not THAT outrageous to think there were less than a billion people before christ is it?
That number is still ludicrous, for all of those civilizations I named(all of them were around at the time except maybe the indus valley), that's 10 empires. Basically that's 30,000 residents per country around that time, is wikipedia serious? 30,000 people in Egypt? 30,000 people in China? 30,000 in Rome? Ha! absurd. Alexandria, Egypt alone probably had more people than that.. As a matter of fact, read this quote from a time line about Rome and Julius Ceasar..

"58BC to 51BC: Julius Caesar enlarges his military reputation by fighting in Gaul. Estimates are that he destroys whole tribes, kills about 400,000 people and enslaves about 400,000."

400,000 slaves alone! Before 1AD, what does that tell you? Wikipedia is bullshit when it comes to stats.. So yea, it is very hard to believe that less than a billion people lived on this planet in the 2 million years leading up to Jesus Christ. How long do you think humans have been here anyways?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »

lol..

i thought it was a legit question though? we have 6.5 billion peeps cruisin around now, and it's estimated the total amount of people ever lived is between 45-125 billion... and it's also estimated in 8000BC there were 5000 people and in 1AD there were 300,000 people... so most the people that ever lived, is in the last 2000 years. i'm too tired to do the math, but it's not that outrageous that there were less than 1billion peeps before christ?

LMFAO... you fucking idiot... first of all it says those statistics are "IN THOUSANDS"... meaning 300,000 = 300,000,000.

And now think about the fact that people are born everyday, while others die... but we're talking about the number of different people that have lived... not the total population at any point in time...
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »

LMFAO... you fucking idiot... first of all it says those statistics are "IN THOUSANDS"... meaning 300,000 = 300,000,000.
And now think about the fact that people are born everyday, while others die... but we're talking about the number of different people that have lived... not the total population at any point in time...

Haha, damn I just clicked that link and you're right, hahaha! How did you miss that Chief? I knew that had to be bullshit..
lol..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:56:47 PM by sonofisis »

Chief

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:21 PM »

lol..

yeah man, i know we're not talking about total population at any given point in time.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 04:51:34 PM »

the sinners had to sacrifice: sheep, goats pigeons etc

Leviticus 5:5 says 5 " 'When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned 6 and, as a penalty for the sin he has committed, he must bring to the LORD a female lamb or goat from the flock as a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin".

and then it goes on talking about goats,pigeons etc

and the blood within these animals saved them because "there is life in the blood" as good said to Cain

but then people were just sinning and then killing an animal, sinning then killing an animal, over and over again and they weren't getting any better (in behaviour) so God sent Jesus to die and shed his blood for the people in the past present and future.

Romans 2:19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."[a]

25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

then he sent the holy spirit to be a guide and helper to strengthen a Christan to prevent them from sinning

i recommend u read the book of Leviticus it is a very interesting book that talks about: sin,animals that should and should not be eaten, sexual immorality, skin diseases, loans

and i also recommend the book of Romans which talks about how we are put right with God (very interesting)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »

the sinners had to sacrifice: sheep, goats pigeons etc

Leviticus 5:5 says 5 " 'When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned 6 and, as a penalty for the sin he has committed, he must bring to the LORD a female lamb or goat from the flock as a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin".

and then it goes on talking about goats,pigeons etc

and the blood within these animals saved them because "there is life in the blood" as good said to Cain

but then people were just sinning and then killing an animal, sinning then killing an animal, over and over again and they weren't getting any better (in behaviour) so God sent Jesus to die and shed his blood for the people in the past present and future.

Romans 2:19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."[a]

25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

then he sent the holy spirit to be a guide and helper to strengthen a Christan to prevent them from sinning

i recommend u read the book of Leviticus it is a very interesting book that talks about: sin,animals that should and should not be eaten, sexual immorality, skin diseases, loans

and i also recommend the book of Romans which talks about how we are put right with God (very interesting)

yeah that's  where i know that from

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

chuck_the_bear

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
the main problem with the christmas relgion is the fact that man wrote the book
there is no true facts cause who ever writes the book controls th story

I say they went to heaven cause they followed the life of jesus even before he was born

NTP

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »

those who know in their heart of evil and do it anyways will necessarily be punished.   

So that would include the leadership of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons), since they openly gave their approval to Bush's oppression in Iraq that has caused the death of nearly a half a million people.

In other words, what you posted was interesting and sounded good, but in actions Mormons are hypocritical, as evidenced by the Church's continued support for Bush's foriegn policy.

Hi Brian, I support George Bush's wars in Iraq and Afganistan that has caused the death of nearly a half million people.  I think I'll be in Heaven, along WITH George Bush, he's a great man and a great leader.

Will your drunk dad be in Heaven?  I hope so, but the way he's entirely destroyed your life through his drinking makes me wonder. 

So you support the death of alot of those half a million people that were most likely innocent as can be because of George Bush declaring a war for something that he doesn't even have proof of?

That kind of person would end up in hell and thats coming from a catholic.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »
Even though this post was made a while ago i thought i would add a little to what i wrote.

Sinners in the past where forgiven by the sacrifice (shedding the blood of animals) sheeps, goats cattle etc and asking for forgiveness

Now that Jesus has died for us, a lot of still people don't know that the only way we can be saved and go to heaven is through Jesus (Jesus' blood) all you have to do is confess your sins to the lord in prayer and then believe and confess to God in prayer that Jesus Christ is lord and that he was raised from the dead.

Romans 10:9-11 says: (9) That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (10) For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (11) As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

i hopes people read this and takes it into consideration because its so simple. God Bless

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »
it is so simple to go along with the christian way of belief but i take it the young man that asked this question has to be under 30 cause that is a normal questions to ask when you are young now that I am 37 I can accept alot of what the bible said because I know so much more about God,just give yourself time...........
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
There was no heaven or hell (in the biblical sense) before Christ, and there still isn't, and there never will be
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »
If people only knew the truth about their Bible; to would shatter their entire belief system. Then again people reject any information that contradict their beliefs. To continue to believe in a proven falsehood is extremely detrimental to the believer.