Author Topic: Question for all Christians!  (Read 1917 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: Question for all Christians!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »
The bible was written by humans who twisted reality to enslave more people to their religion. What makes me think christiannity is the good religion is the principle of love and forgiveness, while other religions like islam praise some more radical values that bring people to believe they must eradicate the non-muslims. I don't think one religion is good though, as long as you live like jesus told us you can get to the next level, wheter it's paradise nirrvana or whatever. And what jesus told us? love each and every one like i loved you. But that's my own opinion, if you want someone to argue with you with a deeper perspective and more ecclesiastic arguments you should go to a church and ask the priest the same question.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »
If people only knew the truth about their Bible; to would shatter their entire belief system. Then again people reject any information that contradict their beliefs. To continue to believe in a proven falsehood is extremely detrimental to the believer.

you say "then again people reject any information that contradict their beliefs", that can be used to describe you, you do know that?
you say that Christians do not know the "truth" about their religion and i know what you mean, all of those forged doctrine/scriptures and stories (which haven't even been proven) that contradict the Christian belief. you call it "the truth", are you 100% certain that its "the truth" or did you just read that it was "the truth".

The bible was written by humans who twisted reality to enslave more people to their religion. What makes me think Christianity is the good religion is the principle of love and forgiveness, while other religions like Islam praise some more radical values that bring people to believe they must eradicate the non-muslims. I don't think one religion is good though, as long as you live like Jesus told us you can get to the next level, wheter it's paradise nirrvana or whatever. And what Jesus told us? love each and every one like i loved you. But that's my own opinion, if you want someone to argue with you with a deeper perspective and more ecclesiastic arguments you should go to a church and ask the priest the same question.

you say Christianity is used to enslave minds, but you do know that Christianity is not like other religions who force you to believe what they believe. Its not a cult, people have free will they choose what ever they want, even atheists/agnostics have joined Christianity not because it enslaving minds its just that people find something in Christianity that they cant find elsewhere. God has changed my life so much since ive become Christian. it is hard for a Christian to really describe the Christian religion, the holy spirit, etc to an atheist/agnostic, to you it looks like a bunch of enslaved people even though a lot of Christians are very intelligent people.

and i know this probably going to cause a huge debate over who's right and who's not but I'm just defending my religion.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:14 PM »
The bible was written by humans who twisted reality to enslave more people to their religion. What makes me think christiannity is the good religion is the principle of love and forgiveness, while other religions like islam praise some more radical values that bring people to believe they must eradicate the non-muslims. I don't think one religion is good though, as long as you live like jesus told us you can get to the next level, wheter it's paradise nirrvana or whatever. And what jesus told us? love each and every one like i loved you. But that's my own opinion, if you want someone to argue with you with a deeper perspective and more ecclesiastic arguments you should go to a church and ask the priest the same question.
You don't think Christians were ever killing people?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:23:37 PM by Ted is getting upset »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »
Another big question is what the Christians will think if they really did find his tomb as I have been seeing in many places this week..Supposedly there is good evidence for it not to be a coincidence in the names on the tombs.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »
Finding the tomb wouldn't prove anything in regard of the existence of God.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »
you say "then again people reject any information that contradict their beliefs", that can be used to describe you, you do know that?
you say that Christians do not know the "truth" about their religion and i know what you mean, all of those forged doctrine/scriptures and stories (which haven't even been proven) that contradict the Christian belief. you call it "the truth", are you 100% certain that its "the truth" or did you just read that it was "the truth".

Your belief is based on HIS-story and not history. This is precisely why the bible does not reflect actual history. There's plenty of proof that can attest to this. If a lie is told, it is often perpetuated. Lies and untruths can be told for so long that they are accepted as the TRUTH and when someone comes forward and reveals the TRUTH, people don't have the mental capacity to accept and relate to it. This holds true for the these man-made religions called: Judiaism, Christianity, and Islam. This is why there are more than 125 versions of the bible. If you have the mental capacity to deal with the truth about your religion, I can point you in the right direction.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:28:41 PM by Merovingian »

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
i think that these tombs are decpetion, they are trying to make people believe that Jesus wasnt the Messiah (saviour) and son of God and that he was just a normal man who had a wife and child.

things like this remind me of 2 pieces of scripture from the bible, from:

2 peter 1:16-21 (16) We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. (17) For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."[a] (18) We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

(19) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. (20) Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. (21)For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

and

2 Peter 2:1-3 (1) But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. (2) Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. (3) In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

i think that these 2 scriptures are so true especially in these times.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 04:35:04 PM by Facez »

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »

Your belief is based on HIS-story and not history. This is precisely why the bible does not reflect actual history. There's plenty of proof that can attest to this. If a lie is told, it is often perpetuated. Lies and untruths can be told for so long that they are accepted as the TRUTH and when someone comes forward and reveals the TRUTH, people don't have the mental capacity to accept and relate to it. This holds true for the these man-made religions called: Judiaism, Christianity, and Islam. This is why there are more than 125 versions of the bible. If you have the mental capacity to deal with the truth about your religion, I can point you in the right direction.

okaayyy.  i like the way you wrote "the right direction" as if to suggest i am going in the wrong direction. I like the way you wrote "TRUTH" as if to suggest what i believe is FALSE. you say what you believe/researched about religion is truth but you have no proof that it is true. Say so many religions/cults have been destroyed in the past because of the lies but yet christianity is still on the increase

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »

okaayyy.  i like the way you wrote "the right direction" as if to suggest i am going in the wrong direction. I like the way you wrote "TRUTH" as if to suggest what i believe is FALSE. you say what you believe/researched about religion is truth but you have no proof that it is true. Say so many religions/cults have been destroyed in the past because of the lies but yet christianity is still on the increase

Christianity has only survived due to religious conquests and persecution. Remember the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, the burning of so-called witches, ect. When Constantine made Christianity the offical religion of Rome, all competing religions were subsequently abolished, eventhough he was a member of Sol Invictus. Anyone who refused was put to death. The TRUTH is in the writing on the walls left by the Ancient Egytpians thousands of years ago.

Question for you: Why do you believe in something that has never been proven? Don't say belief because belief infers doubt.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »

okaayyy.  i like the way you wrote "the right direction" as if to suggest i am going in the wrong direction. I like the way you wrote "TRUTH" as if to suggest what i believe is FALSE. you say what you believe/researched about religion is truth but you have no proof that it is true. Say so many religions/cults have been destroyed in the past because of the lies but yet Christianity is still on the increase

Christianity has only survived due to religious conquests and persecution. Remember the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, the burning of so-called witches, ect. When Constantine made Christianity the offical religion of Rome, all competing religions were subsequently abolished, eventhough he was a member of Sol Invictus. Anyone who refused was put to death. The TRUTH is in the writing on the walls left by the Ancient Egytpians thousands of years ago.

you realise you did not answer my question. i asked why Christianity is "Still on the increase" (it is being preached to many nations and they accept the gospels) not how it survived

Question for you: Why do you believe in something that has never been proven? Don't say belief because belief infers doubt.

the answer to that question is (and i know you are going to think that this is absurd, but i don't really care, its the truth) God has revealed something to me spiritually (that you as an atheist can not comprehend) as he has done to the Millions of other Christians past and present. i became Christian (last year) because God has worked so well in my life and has changed me into a completely different person. and its because of God I cant go back to the way i used to live/believe. its not just me reading some scriptures and believing what i read, because i used to  read scripture and never really understood them/had faith in them, but until you fell Gods spirit come upon you/ and see God working in your life and changing it around, you start to believe. that why you might see people get really touched in church and shout, cry etc because of the things that God has done and brought them out of.

Merovingian

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »

okaayyy.  i like the way you wrote "the right direction" as if to suggest i am going in the wrong direction. I like the way you wrote "TRUTH" as if to suggest what i believe is FALSE. you say what you believe/researched about religion is truth but you have no proof that it is true. Say so many religions/cults have been destroyed in the past because of the lies but yet Christianity is still on the increase

you realise you did not answer my question. i asked why Christianity is "Still on the increase" (it is being preached to many nations and they accept the gospels) not how it survived

the answer to that question is (and i know you are going to think that this is absurd, but i don't really care, its the truth) God has revealed something to me spiritually (that you as an atheist can not comprehend) as he has done to the Millions of other Christians past and present. i became Christian (last year) because God has worked so well in my life and has changed me into a completely different person. and its because of God I cant go back to the way i used to live/believe. its not just me reading some scriptures and believing what i read, because i used to  read scripture and never really understood them/had faith in them, but until you fell Gods spirit come upon you/ and see God working in your life and changing it around, you start to believe. that why you might see people get really touched in church and shout, cry etc because of the things that God has done and brought them out of.

To answer your question, Christianity is still on the rise because it preys on people's fear and emotional vulnerabiltiy. Why is it that people accept Christ when something tramatic happens in their lives or when they are at their most vulnerable point? You are only accustomed to what is already programmed inside of you from your infancy.

In repy to your reponse above, I think it is absolutely absurd. At what point do you give credit to yourself? I've accomplished many things in my life which are a direct result of my hard work and dedication, not some anthroporphoric figure of the human mind. Now, you say, "until you feel God's spirit come upon me". Well, if God is ominpresent as the Bible states, then God is already inside of me. So therefore, I should feel its presence, but I don't. I would think that your God would clearly make its presence known so that there would be no mistake as to what that God source looks like and what it represents. I could easily attribute the good things in my life to this mythical figure, but that would be very gullible of me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:05:37 PM by Merovingian »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 07:42:33 PM »
Another big question is what the Christians will think if they really did find his tomb as I have been seeing in many places this week..Supposedly there is good evidence for it not to be a coincidence in the names on the tombs.

i would still believe in jesus cuz I think human should love each other inconditionnaly and forgive themselves just like he taught us. But i wouldn't be sure about the miracles he made. I'm very sceptical about the tombs , i mean, james cameron? he's a good film maker but he's not a scientist. Plus the guy who paid for the movie is jewish and as you know jews never accepted the fact that jesus was the prophet and maybe they would like to prove us wrong, but i'm just stating hypothetical questions, that's not what i believe.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 11:28:32 PM »
Facez is the Christian Infinite. :D

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 06:43:29 AM »
lol, maybe he was a muslim 2 years ago

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »
You say  “ you are only accustomed to what is already programmed inside you from infancy. Do you about know me and my childhood? 

Truthfully, I just realised that I made a little mistake in my typing . When I wrote "I became a Christian last year because God has worked so well in my life" which doesn't really make that much sense, what I meant to write “I became a Christian last year and since then God has worked so well in my life. I didn't double check for errors when I replied. So that sort of cancels out your question “at what point do you give credit to yourself”. I have achieved a lot with out God but since God has been in my life (my behaviour, attitude towards people, problems etc)  it has changed  so much.

“Why is it that people accept Christ when something traumatic happens in their lives or when they are at their most vulnerable point?. Do you know every Christians testimony and how and why they came to Christ?
The real question is why do a lot of them stay in the faith?

You said if Gods is omnipresent wouldn't he be inside you. You are half right God is omnipresent but his spirit is not going to be inside someone who doesn't want the spirit to begin with, there's no point. Gods spirit (holy spirit) does not Dwell in the unbeliever, God has given us free will we can choose him or not. God is not going to force his spirit into you if you don't want it. When you do choose him that I when his spirit comes upon you. I'll let the scripture explain it:

Romans 8:1-4 says: (1) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] (2) because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. (3) For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] (4) in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Romans 2:38 says: (38) Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8: 7-10 says: (7) the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. (8) Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
(9) You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. (10) But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

It says “if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ” which implies that you can choose to have it or you can chose not to have it.