Author Topic: y'all wanna just 1 of the reasons why Oakland is Murder Capital?  (Read 1302 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: y'all wanna just 1 of the reasons why Oakland is Murder Capital?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »
Just some food for thought... This is from: http://www.raptalk.net/news/HonoringTheLifeAndSpiritofTheRev.Dr.MartinLutherKi.php

"I really feel that we as the "Hip Hop Community" have just plain forgot about Martin Luther Kings sacrifices and Principles. Mr. King and his family received death threats, were violated and assaulted, but never once reacted in a violent manner, even when it may have been justified. We as the young minority men and women of this generation are no where close to being considered as leaders of our community, we are rebel rousers, and hooligans who thrive off our own ego's and foolish pride. Dr. Martin Luther King is the epitome of self sacrifice, discipline and motivation. And if WE as the current generation don't get our act together everything that Dr. King sacrificed will be considered "null and void" - Artist/Producer Bigg Steele

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
some self sacrifice. dude was mad in it for the poon. -T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2007, 11:25:32 AM »
"I really feel that we as the "Hip Hop Community" have just plain forgot about Martin Luther Kings sacrifices and Principles. Mr. King and his family received death threats, were violated and assaulted, but never once reacted in a violent manner, even when it may have been justified. We as the young minority men and women of this generation are no where close to being considered as leaders of our community, we are rebel rousers, and hooligans who thrive off our own ego's and foolish pride. Dr. Martin Luther King is the epitome of self sacrifice, discipline and motivation. And if WE as the current generation don't get our act together everything that Dr. King sacrificed will be considered "null and void" - Artist/Producer Bigg Steele

That's what the fuck I'm talkin' about. Shit. That's whats up.

A hood will always be hood and it will always make consist names for itself but...fuck wit this shit. Becuz when people see what these niggas is doin' in the Bay, they say 'Well that's how it is in the Ghetto' but fuck that shit. It affects EVERY hood nigga. Other hoods already got they problems with MANY other thangs, and it doesn't need this shit.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2007, 11:47:55 AM »
Dr. King had his faults like any man does, but that doesn't take away the power of the message and for what he stood for... 

Nobody has to be goodie-goodie's but at the same time I think we can all (especially in the hoods) try to improve ourselves and our areas... We definately need better things to be proud about other than who's got the toughest city... 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2007, 11:57:20 AM »
there are certainly worse vices but as a youth in cali(a distorted view no doubt), dudes being shady women wise is among my most despised vices. it's base shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »
^ that is certainly a point.. I can't make any excuses for whatever he did in aspects to his marriage. I can only look at the topic at hand and apply what I felt was a good statement by Bigg Steele in regards to Dr. King's viewpoint on a violence and such..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »
^ that is certainly a point.. I can't make any excuses for whatever he did in aspects to his marriage. I can only look at the topic at hand and apply what I felt was a good statement by Bigg Steele in regards to Dr. King's viewpoint on a violence and such..

word.

-T

westcoastavengers.com