Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Talks To Dubcnn [Interview]  (Read 1131 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Bishop Lamont Talks To Dubcnn [Interview]
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »

ya know 50 and EM going to be all over his album

it's going to be Documentary 2

Thanks for the info man!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2006, 05:24:59 AM »
Up!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2006, 10:49:16 AM »
Lots of questions and comments about bishops interview. it's a novel so don't bitch, if you're willing , peep, if you're gonna hate don't even bother. Just my thoughts while reading:

What's dirty about what snoop said about a day in the studio with Dre?

"it's not gonna be typical...but it's gonna be formulated" wtf is dude talking about ?

Nima, I've noticed the ONLY people you are remotely soft on is the Aftermath related people you talk to. As they are harder to pin down to talk to, this makes sense cause you want to maintain that connection but damn when he says shit like "i'ma work with 50" i've seen you pull out the hardball on other artists and say some shit like "alot of cats think aftermath choosing 50 over Game is a commercial move....alot of fans would rather see you and dre work with Game than 50." You say shit like that to snoop all the time, pull no punches and all, is snoop cooler with that kind of thing than aftermath cats?

although i'm sure Game was just jealous of dre's new protege, anyone know why he said he was dissing bishop? also, does anyone know what bishop is talking about when he says game apologized?

On the part of Bishop this whole section is bullshit:
________________________________________________________________________________

Dubcnn: Are you or were you ever afraid of becoming another Hittman?

How would I become a Hittman?

Dubcnn: I'm asking you! Were you ever afraid of being on Aftermath and having trouble getting your record out?

Why would you be afraid if you're a hustler? Was 50 afraid? Was Eminem afraid? You see what I'm saying? It's about the individual. Before I got the deal with Dre I was already on the radio with 4 singles. I already had video games, already had mixtapes, fame in the streets, I was already self contained. So combining myself with Dre just amplifies my whole situation. People always try to coin the term of getting shelved or whatever with Hittman. Hittman was doing his thing! I can't really speak deeply on that situation, but at the end of the day it was just about creative differences, and the level of what Hittman wanted to take the music to. That wasn't a picture of what Aftermath had envisioned for him, I can say that easily. Hittman is doper than what people know. So you can't even use that coin phrase "becoming a Hittman". Hittman is still dope and Hittman is still getting royalty checks off Chronic 2001 and some other stuff, that other niggas will never see! How about that? *laughs* Really though!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Bishop certainly has changed from the candid down to earth pre aftermath interviews he did. That's some bullshit for you to mention Hittman's situation and then Bishop to act like "what are you talking about, be like hittman?" like he doesn't know what that fucking means. Sounds like dre's been training him to dodge questions better than anything else. Also, to blame it on Hittman, "You gotta be a hustler, was 50 and em afraid?" I sincerely doubt Hitt was afraid or any less of a hustler than any of those cats. He was a big guy, not commercially physically attractive, interscope didn't want to put a million bucks behind a 'fat' guy. Period. and dre and his people try to act like that shit never happened and then when he gets brought up they say shit like 'creative differences' BULL. I guarantee you hittman would have rather dropped a fucking album on dre's label than not dropping an album at all. Yeah the creative difference was this, dre was like "yeah i want to create something different than your album. later."  Times like this it feels pointless to try to talk to dre and dre's people. That's bullshit that bishop was so condescending, like you're saying some inaccurate shit "what do you mean become a hittman?" like you/west coast rap fan community is not legitimate in having that thought.  We're completely legitimate and aftermath politics is completely bullshit. what happened to rakim?argh, all this shit makes me so goddamn mad.  "Hittman  is still dope" bishop says, where is hittman being dope? would somebody please tell me where hittman is being dope? I'd love to go experience hittman being dope. bishop is bullshit...except he's right, hittman probably is doing all right from 2001 checks.

is delron a deltron typo or is there really someone named delron?

Dubcnn: It's all good, I got you.

It feels good to be back man, we're having fun!-where the fuck is he back from???

Dubcnn: Do you know what the feeling at the label was about the whole Game situation?

The Game situation... as far as what?-How does he read the site enough to refer to WC and snoop interviews but he acts like a fuckin numbskull when you ask a should-be-expected ass question. Then dudes like this try to act like we're the bad guys "oh you're perpetuating drama." shut the fuck up and give the people what they want, you entertainer.

Dubcnn: What's your favorite album of 2006, so far?

Of 2006? See, that's a crazy question, cause I can't really remember what came out in 2006 that blew your mind... Besides the Jay-Z album which I appreciate, cause it kind of makes you get charged again, to hear somebody rap and really have some beats. A lot of people didn't like the album, I appreciated it, and it's dope, especially "30's the new 20", the intro record, it was just fun hearing him rap again. What else did I buy man... I didn't really buy that many rap albums, dogg.-His fave album of 2006 is the 2006 album with the most dre production that nobody but him liked. and then he hates on snoop (when he's really just apparently mad about some shit snoop said on a dubcnn interview in july, just like snoop was saying crooked was whack when he was really just hating on crooked, WHACK) Although, to give bishop the benefit of the doubt, i would also like to hear the music snoop makes when he's wearing glasses reading langston hughes.

Dubcnn: I liked it, I thought he rapped good on it, I don't know. He sounded motivated.

I mean, you gotta interview these cats, so you gotta stay friendly with your comments! Haaaaaaaa! *laughs*-How dare he, the only people I've ever seen Nima go soft on are the aftermath cats and that's because he knows they'll hide back in their fucking  cave if they get remotely razzed. and Nima, when I say that, all I mean is, in every interview i've seen you do that's not with a dre related person, you ask all the questions that the fans would wanna know and I fight alot less of such asking happens with dre related people but i totally see where you're coming from given the situation. it's just frustrating.

"deftones, white stripes"-Man and Game's working with blink 182 and good charlotte....I wish rappers had better taste in rock. I guess they have no point of reference but so often they say it like "yeah i'm broadening my horizons to that rock shit" like all rock is the same and equally good. Bullshit. Like when rockers are like "yeah i've been listening to eminem and will smith....really seeing what's up with hip hop you know?" argh. coldplay and u2? argh.

Dubcnn: I think we covered pretty much all the important topics, did I miss anything?

I don't know, you tell me! You're the journalist, you're the pimp! You got me! And you ain't gonna be able to get me again once I sell 10 million records! Hahahahaha! *laughs* Better get all your questions in now!!-Let's really hope he doesn't hittman it out. dude sounds awful confident.

Bishop Lamont could really be a asshole since he signed to Dre. But my arms are always open, I try to give people an angle to move on, and support they stuff as much as my own. That's what has to be done. I'm not running around like "Hi, this is Bishop Lamont, I know Dr. Dre."-That's an awful lot of shout outs he does, but who will he really work with? Or rather who will dre let him work with? will his 'ogs' daz and kurupt be anywhere in fucking sight? and if not what does someone being your og mean? jack shit. just some shit for cats like bishop to say so they sound like they're still cool. Prove me wrong, man! prove me wrong!

Dubcnn: It's good to have you back on dubcnn, I appreciate you taking the time.

It's a blessing. Hold on real quick, I'm choking!! *chokes* Ugh! Too much redbull. It's not Chronic! Don't set me up!-Does dude smoke? i'm not ready for a west coast rapper that doesn't smoke weed. I can't relate to that.

Yes. When I was in school. Cause really, I was a dropout, and then I took home studies. *laughs* But kids, stay in school! I had problems, cause I was telling teachers "Fuck you, I'ma be rich. I don't know how, but I'ma be rich!" And look! I rap. And I'ma go back to these schools where the teachers hated me, and floss on them with the big rides,  and rap to the kids and be like "Stay in school kids. I didn't. But, you should." But that's just it.-Exactly what's wrong with America and exactly why black people are still complaining about their lot in this country. Minorities oppress themselves.

WHOAH: but I can say for me, for Glasses, and for the cats that were immediately put in the fire when Snoop had his secret meeting and whatever he was theorizing, and that wasn't the case.-Was this in corroboration with the west coast conference? does anyone know anything about this meeting? who else was involved? damn.

E-40, come on man!-Bishop- once more, you sound cool when you shout him out but will we see a track with him? Better question will we finally get to see earl over a dre track? and if 40 doesn't end up doing shit with either what do such statements mean? Jack shit, just a verbal way for him to not look like he went hollywood when he interviews.

Is his real name Phillip? what's bishop from?

What up Ras? -He talking about ras kass? inviting him to holler at him or what?

where is carson? is it part of LA county or what?

But you DO need to get Warren G.-Still don't know how he can quote WC and Snoop interviews and not know how much warren interviews on this site.

Jay gave it some help getting it back on its feet-Fuck jay, what the fuck is this guy talking about?

Over--all thought, I like how unified bishop makes us feel the west coast is.(example warren g and dre mentioned in the same group of paragraphs by someone remotely close to dre, it's been a long time.)

so in my view, there's whack and there's tight coming outta bishop.-T

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 11:11:20 AM by Tanjibility »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2006, 11:15:44 AM »
it's tight that he's working with quik/pete rock. Nice.  fuck 50 cent's involvement.  Not because he's commercially but because he is a poor sonic experience. just like bishop and everybody likes to talk about but doesn't really act on: "it's all about the music." if it really was, they would know they need to be fuckin with game and not 50.

I liked him until this interview. He condescends alot, talking like how dare we for speculating on this and that...we call it how we see it and alot of cats like bishop like to act like w'ere the problem "why you hate on the hittman situation?" because we didn't get a hittman album! Can you fucking blame us? "why you so skeptical about aftermath output?" because rakim and hittman are fuckin ghosts!

and if dude is really about  thw west like he says he is, he would have much more positive to say about game. Not because game is the dopest, but because game's commercial foothold is a key door opener in what he and snoop and everyone is trying to do, and he can't legitimately distance himself from it as much as he'd like because dre put so much work into the game's position. it'd be like investing in some stock that you never pull out.  or building half a house. they need to be fucking with game at least half as much as they are with 50. how you gonna build half a house?

Bishop could be huge. All Aftermath has to do is actually release him.-WORD to Gangstaboogy

dre's piano beats are sick. i was disappointed with not being able to hear bishop on that song snippet. and you're right addicted to cake,  snoop was not in the wrong at all for saying what he said. the aftermath camp likes to get mad when people say shit that is true "hittman never dropped, rakim never dropped, noone's dropping" is all true and whenever nima brings it up they talk at us like 'o ye of little faith' and shit. that shit is bullshit, we are legitimate in at least 90% of our criticisms for aftermath. and we consitute a large percentage of the 468 dudes that still buy music so they should recognize.

rebel: when you say em came back with an album? do you mean re-up? I want to believe you man. I really want to believe you but any time any of these cats get a word out it's 'we have dope plans'  what happened to 2004's dope plans? Do you think in 2003 they WEREN'T saying they had dope plans for the next couple years? Dudes is always gonna have plans or say they have 'em, but in years of disappointment I'm forced to ask 'what does it mean?' and in the rap world, most of the time it's nothing and when you ask the rappers about it in a couple years they act like the fans are the haters and quickly say "oh well interscope messed it up on that tip but anyway my new mixtape..."-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2006, 11:21:07 AM »
wanted to say , i still give the utmost props to nima nad bishop for doing the interview, but of course i have to be brutal in my thoughts and honesty,otherwise why else have a forum?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2006, 04:42:54 PM »
Wow that's a LOT of comments man.... Let me try to break it down... First off, I didn't at all intentionally go softer on Aftermath cats than others... I was the first person to ever interview Bishop Lamont and we have a cool relationship, when he said "It's good to be back" he meant back on dubcnn, we hadn't interviewed him in a while. Also the "you need to get Warren" was I believe meant as "get him AGAIN" cause he knows i know Warren, I use to listen to some otheir studio sessions over the phone while they were recording mid-nite hour and shit.

I don't think i should've said something when he said he'll work with 50... I know he's been cool with 50, what's wrong with that? 50 is an aftermath artist, Bishop is an aftermath artist, and i guess they maintain a good relationship and will work together...

About him saying "The Game situation... as far as what?", i guess he was asking what i meant, game/dre, game/50, game/bishop, game vs world or what Game situation i was referring to...

Bishops name is Phillip Martin... Carson is a city in LA county, Ras, Bishop, Boo Yaa Tribe amongst others are from there..

i know i didn't adress all the comments u made, but i tried to get most of them in man.. holla
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 05:08:51 PM by Nima »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »
I wasn't tryna say 'you shoulda said this at this point' but I just noticed you do tend to make such controversial comments with snoop and some others and i just noticed not as much with AM related interviews....I guess just the 'calling out' idea. You call Snoop out alot, and I myself, probably wouldn't have the balls to. So I'm not trying to say anything negative about you, you know it's love and respect BUT I just happened to personally think that you call alot of people on their shit according to the terms that most of the forum residents criticize artists with except with AM. You'll tell snoop the latest shit talking we've been talking and he'll respond and dubcnn is the ONLY place that goes down because of you so props on the real but I just feel like I see that less with Bishop/DOC. Not that you don't do a sick ass job but i just feel like the aftermath interviews are less edgy than say a snoop interview cause you'll ask snoop shit and say shit to snoop that no one else would.

You make alot of valid points that I certainly see but I still stand pretty strongly by my hittman related comments.

nothin' but props man, you know. it's all for the sake of discussion, i'm not trying to be overly-critical/hating.

-T

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 04:56:17 PM by Tanjibility »

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2006, 04:57:50 PM »
ROTR or midnite hour? I had ROTR when it came out but i haven't owned it in years, bishop is on ROTR?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »
I wasn't tryna say 'you shoulda said this at this point' but I just noticed you do tend to make such controversial comments with snoop and some others and i just noticed not as much with AM related interviews....I guess just the 'calling out' idea. You call Snoop out alot, and I myself, probably wouldn't have the balls to. So I'm not trying to say anything negative about you, you know it's love and respect BUT I just happened to personally think that you call alot of people on their shit according to the terms that most of the forum residents criticize artists with except with AM. You'll tell snoop the latest shit talking we've been talking and he'll respond and dubcnn is the ONLY place that goes down because of you so props on the real but I just feel like I see that less with Bishop/DOC. Not that you don't do a sick ass job but i just feel like the aftermath interviews are less edgy than say a snoop interview cause you'll ask snoop shit and say shit to snoop that no one else would.

You make alot of valid points that I certainly see but I still stand pretty strongly by my hittman related comments.

nothin' but props man, you know. it's all for the sake of discussion, i'm not trying to be overly-critical/hating.

-T

Well I kind of agree with DOC, but that was probably cause when we did he interview, that was my first time speaking to him, so you know, when you don't know a person, it's always different. But Snoop's always given me a good vibe, so you know.. I guess during the Bishop interview, I didn't hear anything where i felt the need to interject... I mean yeah dude is confident as hell... we'll see happens, I'm not gonna knock him for it before he gets a chance to prove himself.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
ROTR or midnite hour? I had ROTR when it came out but i haven't owned it in years, bishop is on ROTR?

-T

my bad man, of course, midnite hour.. bishop is all over midnite hour.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »
when I knock, it's on aftermath's record, not bishops. I have high hopes, i hope he proves a lot of my criticisms wrong and I will be the first to say i was wrong if it happens. Props again. Still a mad in depth and invaluable interview.-T

westcoastavengers.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
all good

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »
any global warming questions?

Nima - Dubcnn.com