Author Topic: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007  (Read 2784 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »
Suge Knight is a fucking fool.. Why he didnt release an album like that...

Suge was always hands on with his releases, and being thrown in jail makes it hard to run the day-to-day operations

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
So many years talking about the death row vault locked and in last months we have the hammer death row alvum avaliable,tha realest 130 songs from death row era,and now OFTB putting their death row album out...what's happening????

Hope the vault will be open,and we could hear more frome death row vault.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 01:36:02 PM »
^^ u forgot Top Dogg Tha YGD

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 01:56:44 PM »
top dogg was leaked too???

I lost that one!! link,please??

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 01:57:57 PM »
top dogg was leaked too???

I lost that one!! link,please??

not so much his albums as it is a collection of tracks that were released on comps and tracks leaked to the internet

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 10:25:46 PM »
cant wait for that shit..i love their songs from the deathrow compilations  (Above the Rim, Gridlock'd, christmas on deathrow etc)

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 04:20:05 AM »
Anyway,if Suge owns all the masters,why at this time some of that songs are being released???

I will very excited if we could have the chance to hear stuff from death row vault like danny boy cd,second dogg pound cd,croooked I,etc...

Do you guys think there's any chance to see that in the future???

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »
Great news! Teaser is dope as fuck! Keepin an eye out 4 this!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »
Anyway,if Suge owns all the masters,why at this time some of that songs are being released???

I will very excited if we could have the chance to hear stuff from death row vault like danny boy cd,second dogg pound cd,croooked I,etc...

Do you guys think there's any chance to see that in the future???

The music industry is weird like that. An album cannot be released unless it's progressing an artists image. Exactly why no Dre stuff could be released after he left. Also, no artist can release the music co-published by a former record company without their permission. After Suge went bankrupt and the company was seized, the bank doesn't care what happens to Death Row, so they are giving all the artists the go ahead to release their old stuff.

Efrain

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »
The music industry is weird like that. An album cannot be released unless it's progressing an artists image. Exactly why no Dre stuff could be released after he left. Also, no artist can release the music co-published by a former record company without their permission. After Suge went bankrupt and the company was seized, the bank doesn't care what happens to Death Row, so they are giving all the artists the go ahead to release their old stuff.

Dre's Death Row material couldn’t be released because his artist contract with Death Row stated explicitly that he was only signed on for one album. Also that the contents of the album, or any material recorded for it, couldn’t be distributed in any manner not explicitly stated in the original contract (without Dre's approval). In addition to the specifics of Dre's contract with Death Row, record producers in general must authorize the release of a record they produced. The publishing rights wouldn’t prevent a record from being released though, only ownership of the material. If Dre owned all his material but Suge owned all the publishing Dre could still release it. The only difference is when it's played on radio Suge gets the money instead of Dre.

Anyone who owns the [copyright on the] material can release it regardless of whether it hurts the artist’s image or not. There is no law about releases needing to show the artist in a positive light lol

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
So many years talking about the death row vault locked and in last months we have the hammer death row alvum avaliable,tha realest 130 songs from death row era,and now OFTB putting their death row album out...what's happening????

Hope the vault will be open,and we could hear more frome death row vault.

There's also that Outlawz Retribution album that has some old songs from 96/97...

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 10:24:27 PM »
yeah i heard suge gave certain people like the outlawz the ok to release their shit

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:47:26 AM »
this might be a dumb question but who are OFTB ?

Operation From The Bottom.  They are a group from Watts (believe they are bloods) consisting of Bustop, Flipside, and LowMB.  They dropped a cd in '92 called "straight up watts", then Suge signed them to Death Row around '94.  They appeared on various DR comps (MWTC, Above the Rim, Gridlock'd, Gang Related, X-Mas on Death Row), and were slated to drop an album on DR, but once again, the drama with Pac being murdered and Suge going to jail messed up that opportunity.  Thye left in 98-99 and dropped a compilation.  Other than that, the only time people heard from them was an MTV special in '99 where they were dissing Suge.  Supposedly they lived up to the name of the label they dropped the compilation on:  Flat Broke.

props for the info, i may check this out.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 07:53:10 AM »
sounds crazy, lookin foprward to  that.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 10:17:40 AM »
Has this got anything to do with the Boy Nino Brown? Looks like he designed the website....