Author Topic: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007  (Read 2789 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 07:40:46 PM »
Has this got anything to do with the Boy Nino Brown? Looks like he designed the website....
nah nino is the one who made the sites for danny boy, crooked i, skg etc
oneoone is doing all the deathrow sites, blackwallstreet, spiderloc etc
there will be an interview with him on mrmakaveli.net very soon

Quadruple OG

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
Here's the tracklist, got it from their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/operationfromthebottom)

1. Intro (0:57)
2. Better Dayz (96' Original) (Feat. 2pac, Big Syke) (4:41)
3. That Was Then, This Is Now (Feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg, Kurupt) (4:29)
4. I Come Up Hard (Feat. Garry Barnner)(4:24)
5. World Wide (Feat. 2pac, Kadafi, Kurupt)(5:15)
6. Check Ur Hood (Feat. Jewell)(4:59)
7. I Trust Nobody (3:57)
8. Still A Mystery To Me (96' 2pac Tribute) (Feat. Kadafi, Napoleon, Edi, Storm, Kurupt) (4:29)
9. Project Kids (Feat. Nixon Garden Project Kids) (5:27)
10. I'm On One (5:59)
11. Ladies Night (Feat. 6 Feet Deep) (5:00)
12. Doin' It At The Spot (Feat. Big Pimpin') (4:29)
13. Lost Souls (3:22)
14. Sooner or Later (5:04)
15. So Long (Feat. M.C. Hammer) (5:48)

anyone know if its leaked yet?  the website is up btw, http://www.operationfromthebottom.com/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 04:54:30 PM by Reality Check »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007, 06:42:42 AM »
When is this available to buy ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2007, 10:43:22 AM »
yes get it now from there website, 1st 1000 get a tshirt and cd.

O-DOGG

• Lil Geezy
  • West and BTNH fan
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 04:29:05 AM »
anyone received it?

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 06:39:41 AM »
41$ for international buyers??? This shit is crazy!!

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
41$ for international buyers??? This shit is crazy!!

Hell yeah! I looked at gettin it, but $41! Too much at the mo!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »
21quid aint a bad price, paid 32 for death row greatist hits when it came out and 23 for all eyez on me, southwest riders was 30 odd aswell. plus u get a t shirt and dvd.

MarshColin

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 12:36:58 PM »
Is it on IRC yet? I can't find it.

You all should really go out and buy this. One of my homies is friends with OneOOne, the dude who is helping put this out. There will be MANY more releases like this in the year 2007 and it all depends on how this one sells to see if there will be future releases. $35 shipped for an unreleased Death Row album, a DVD documentary and a t-shirt is really not that bad. So if you got the change to drop on this album then please do it so we can have future releases like this one.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »

You all should really go out and buy this. One of my homies is friends with OneOOne, the dude who is helping put this out. There will be MANY more releases like this in the year 2007 and it all depends on how this one sells to see if there will be future releases. $35 shipped for an unreleased Death Row album, a DVD documentary and a t-shirt is really not that bad. So if you got the change to drop on this album then please do it so we can have future releases like this one.

Thats true man

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

whatthehell

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
Can't wait to hear this, they have some CLASSICS  8)

acgrundy

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »

ok, well let me just say this:

I really don't give one damn about a t shirt and a dvd.  rap dvd's are pretty much worthless and I would never wear an OFTB shirt.  In the future, why don't you lose the shirt and dvd and sell the cd for like $12.  I'm sure u would end up selling more copies, because I know most people are like me and don't give a damn about the shirt or dvd and sure as hell are not going to spend $35 on a cd.

MarshColin

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:10 PM »

I really don't give one damn about a t shirt and a dvd.  rap dvd's are pretty much worthless and I would never wear an OFTB shirt.  In the future, why don't you lose the shirt and dvd and sell the cd for like $12.  I'm sure u would end up selling more copies, because I know most people are like me and don't give a damn about the shirt or dvd and sure as hell are not going to spend $35 on a cd.

I would pay more than $35 for just the cd. Before this release was announced 2Pac collectors would've been paying upwards of $500 just for one of those two 2Pac tracks on there. And like I said before, this release will help fund future releases from other former Death Row artists. You gotta take into account that this album is not an average release. To get to hear what they got in the vaults (which is what a lot of us have been waiting YEARS and YEARS for) we're going to have to pay a little more. I see where you're coming from but it doesn't bug me or a lot of the other fans to pay that much. In fact to a lot of people this is a steal.

I know some people are not in the position financially to get this so their only option will be to download the album. If you can't afford it then that's fine. All I'm saying is that if you CAN afford it I think you should buy instead of download it. Also you are not paying money for the t-shirt or DVD, those are simply bonuses. After the first 1000 orders the album will be sold at the same price without those 2 bonuses.

acgrundy

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2007, 06:51:21 PM »

I would pay more than $35 for just the cd. Before this release was announced 2Pac collectors would've been paying upwards of $500 just for one of those two 2Pac tracks on there. And like I said before, this release will help fund future releases from other former Death Row artists. You gotta take into account that this album is not an average release. To get to hear what they got in the vaults (which is what a lot of us have been waiting YEARS and YEARS for) we're going to have to pay a little more. I see where you're coming from but it doesn't bug me or a lot of the other fans to pay that much. In fact to a lot of people this is a steal.

I know some people are not in the position financially to get this so their only option will be to download the album. If you can't afford it then that's fine. All I'm saying is that if you CAN afford it I think you should buy instead of download it. Also you are not paying money for the t-shirt or DVD, those are simply bonuses. After the first 1000 orders the album will be sold at the same price without those 2 bonuses.

Dude, you act like this album is some sort of rare substance only found in the Amazon rain forest.  First off the music has already been recorded, the work has been done.  So to the people who just leave it sitting in the vaults and never release it, well that is their problem.  Its not like they will make ANY money at all if it just sits in the vaults.  The music has been recorded, that is the most of the work, so to let it just go to waste and never release it, well that is just very dumb.  So don't act like these music releases in the Death Row vaults should be more expensive than a regular cd.  Hell, Game's lastest album and Snoop's latest album cost millions of dollars more to make than this album did, and you don't see them being sold for $35.  The people selling this album for $35 are just being greedy and taking advantage of people who don't know any better and/or are just desparate.  I can certainly afford to spend $35, but I won't on principle alone.  That is a ripoff for a cd, bottom line.  I will just download it for free.  Now if it were up for sale at a reasonable price, then yeah I might buy it, but I won't feed the fire of the greedy people who are releasing this.  Seriously, how many people even know who OFTB is?  Selling the cd at $35 is certainly not going to help build their fanbase.