Author Topic: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007  (Read 2786 times)

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
Re: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »
I would like to have this album,but 41$...that's crazy.I would love to hear the death row vault,but how many copies would oftb will sold for an unreleased album from 10 years ago if you are not a death row mad-fan??

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »
At that price, they are ensuring to keep sales at a minimum. As has been stated, dvd's come with cd's all the time, and acting as if its a special for the first 1000 ppl is silly, this cd wont sell more than that. Look at the OVERWHELMING response  ::) here on a westcoast forum, how many other buyers will there be?

We ALL want more death row shit, but put it out for a reasonable price, and you will sell a reasonable amount. Also, having no release date etc. wont help get you fans, the spelling mistakes on the site dont help either  :-*

I want to get this cd, but I'm saving for a house, so spending $41US on a cd is not gonna cut it...

Smoke

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »
i agree with tboy

fuck 40 $, ill download it

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »
I see some good points in this thread and I gotta admit I have mixed feelings about "supporting" this too but I'm still gonna get it, hell I'm probably gonna end up paying around $50 for this cause overseas orders are more expensive  :(

But I can certainly understand why some people are not willing to pay that amount of money for this (I'll get back at ya when I have it  ;) 8)), even if it concerns unreleased music from the D.R. vaults...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »
this album is out you know where?I wanna be sure of what i'm buying
the trailer is good to me but i can't really judge on 20 sec samples

40$ is a bit strong but considering there is a dvd+a t-shirt+that this is unreleased it looks ok to me
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Efrain

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »
I would pay more than $35 for just the cd. Before this release was announced 2Pac collectors would've been paying upwards of $500 just for one of those two 2Pac tracks on there. And like I said before, this release will help fund future releases from other former Death Row artists. You gotta take into account that this album is not an average release. To get to hear what they got in the vaults (which is what a lot of us have been waiting YEARS and YEARS for) we're going to have to pay a little more. I see where you're coming from but it doesn't bug me or a lot of the other fans to pay that much. In fact to a lot of people this is a steal.

I know some people are not in the position financially to get this so their only option will be to download the album. If you can't afford it then that's fine. All I'm saying is that if you CAN afford it I think you should buy instead of download it. Also you are not paying money for the t-shirt or DVD, those are simply bonuses. After the first 1000 orders the album will be sold at the same price without those 2 bonuses.

And 2pac collectors are some of the stupidest people on the net. I hear what you’re saying but the truth of this album is who ever this OneOone person (probably alias) is they are just doing what other unnamed net fiends do which is perpetrate a front about designing websites or some other low level association with artist then suggest a "mixtape" or "unreleased album" or whatever just so they can get the unheard material themselves. This guys probably been doing that for years but has now recently come to the realization that:

1) The value of any unreleased music from Death Row during the 90's has peaked and is starting to loose value quickly because people don’t care anymore and also because the music is so dated.

2) The years squandered begging and tactfully weaseling unreleased music out of artists is fine and good when you're 19 but when you're 25 and need money selling the precious collected unreleased music seems like a no brainier.

It’s why so many of these old Death Row albums are coming out. It's because the collectors that have them or even the artist themselves realize the value is dropping so fast, so dramatically that they might as well capitalize on it now while they still can.

The bottom line is a lot of people probably would have paid hundreds of dollars for this back in 98 or 99 but in 2007 this isn’t worth more that 14.99 (if that). 

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
It’s why so many of these old Death Row albums are coming out. It's because the collectors that have them or even the artist themselves realize the value is dropping so fast, so dramatically that they might as well capitalize on it now while they still can.

what other death row albums are gonna be released? got any info..thanks.

MarshColin

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 05:34:07 PM »

what other death row albums are gonna be released? got any info..thanks.

Let's just say you won't be disapppointed mike. For the people who aren't feeling this release, I have a feeling that you will be wanting to hear at least one of the other albums to come out this year.

@ACGrundy - Your point about it being their fault for letting the music sit in the vault and not releasing it has no weight because Death Row are the ones who didn't release it, not OFTB. It was essentially out of their hands. Them selling their album right now is illegal because Death Row has the rights to it, not them. They just figure Death Row won't care or want to take the time to sue over something like this.

You all have good points for those who don't like the price and I agree with them. However, I personally don't find it unreasonable to pay that much. The main reason I don't have a problem paying that much is not because this release is so special, but because it will lead to future releases. To each his own!

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 05:38:43 PM »
No offence to DJ Coma, but talking up these other releases is nothing until it comes from the horses mouth with proof.

I will not buy this album for an overprices price, because there is a chance some other albums will drop. If this oneoone guy (miles or nate whichever one lived in ATL) let us know more releases would come out if you support this cd, like a new DB album or new Sam Sneed etc. then I'm sure people would be more willing...

u know what I mean?

dclee

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »
so about the other unreleased DR stuff coming out soon, who is gonna release them? are they all gonna be independent releases like this OFTB one?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
track list?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »
man dont be lazy its already posted in this thread...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »

1) The value of any unreleased music from Death Row during the 90's has peaked and is starting to loose value quickly because people don’t care anymore and also because the music is so dated.

The bottom line is a lot of people probably would have paid hundreds of dollars for this back in 98 or 99 but in 2007 this isn’t worth more that 14.99 (if that). 

I disagree with that.  The shittier music hip-hop produces, the more people are going to be fiending for this classic DR era shit.  However, like you said, no reasonable person is going to pay $35-40 for a cd, especially when you have places like Best Buy or Circuit City selling cd's for $10 and the ability to get second hand (used) cd's from half, ebay, or amazon for even less.  Granted, I really want to hear these unreleased Golden Age DR era albums, but paying over $20 (the most I'd pay for a cd of this nature because of how rare it is would be $20) for a cd is stretching it

MarshColin

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »
No offence to DJ Coma, but talking up these other releases is nothing until it comes from the horses mouth with proof.

I will not buy this album for an overprices price, because there is a chance some other albums will drop. If this oneoone guy (miles or nate whichever one lived in ATL) let us know more releases would come out if you support this cd, like a new DB album or new Sam Sneed etc. then I'm sure people would be more willing...

u know what I mean?

I hear ya. I'm not in the position to say what the other stuff is. I think enough die hard 2pac fans will buy this album to make further releases happen so if you're just going to download it then that's on you. I just hope that future releases that might make you take more interest you will support, that's all. And by the way the money is going straight to the artist on these projects, it's not like OneOOne is a bootlegger making mad dough off of this.

dclee

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007, 11:00:35 PM »
so who did the beats on this material? any g-funk on there?  ;D