Author Topic: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007  (Read 2759 times)

Tha Psycho Hustla

Re: 1996 OFTB Death Row album coming out Jan 2007
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2007, 05:08:11 AM »
^^ the neptunes  :)*löl*

ALBUM IS STR8 BANGIN

mak2006

• 'G'
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »
man, yall a bunch of cheap, azz m.f.'s!! how much shit do you have on your comp that you didnt pay for? how is $35 for some unreleased DR shit too much. is there nothing but a bunch of kids on this board who still live with (and recieve allowance from)their mommies? i have a successful career and make more than enough money to buy this album w/o thinking twice(which i already have btw, ill give yall a review in a month when it drops.) you guys are sad because if you really look at it from an artists stand-point, how many songs can you make for $35, not to mention a whole album. and the fact that it contains some OG Pac shit is well worth the asking price. look at it as paying $35 for all the stolen tracks you have on your hard-disk, or have you not gotten to that chapter in your 8th grade economics books yet?

P.S. ive dropped a lot of shit on this board for the simple fact that I know Pac wanted his music heard by any means necessary, but you guys and people like some of you are gonna be the reason this music shit stops. record companies are gonna stop taking "hits"(loss of monetary value for the greater good) if you guys dont start paying up some time.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
There is no record company losing money here. If this album was released correctly, I'm sure everyone involved in this thread would already own it. Since its coming out basically 10 years late, people can be a bit cautious. Also, every album is "unreleased" before it comes out, so now we know its coming out it does not make that word very special.

With what happened with Makaveli & Dillinger I wouldn't be surprised if the Pac tracks are yanked off before the release date. If people are recieving their copies fine, perhaps things change.

But seriously, you sound like a moron talking up yourself because you spend $35 on a cd. Congratulations, but some of us have more important things to spend money on. Not being able to afford it does not equate to not having money, just more important things to spend it on.

You have basically exposed yourself as a groupie by saying just because it contains 2 Pac songs its well worth $35. You might have the money to throw out on two songs, but other people don't necessarily. I'd order 3 of these cds for me and some friends and they could pay me back if it were $12 each. So OFTB woulda made $36, but instead I doubt they will get $30.

And why are you saying we are gonna ruin the music industry? Because we won't support a 10 year old bootleg? Man, get a grip. Have you asked every individual in this thread how many real purchases we have made? How do you know how many cds/records we own. You don't, so quit with the hero talk please.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 01:28:41 PM by TobyTizzle »

Efrain

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
With what happened with Makaveli & Dillinger I wouldn't be surprised if the Pac tracks are yanked off before the release date. If people are recieving their copies fine, perhaps things change.

Yeah exactly, or they're taggs all over the songs. I mean we don’t even know where this music is coming from in terms of inherent audio quality. Did OFTB find a cassette of a bunch of songs they did at Death Row and that’s what we're getting? Or if they are from the studio, are they just the rough studio mixes from 96 burned to a CD so the group members could listen? I doubt they have the master reels for these songs in which case these tracks aren’t professionally mixed. And if that's the case I doubt they'll be mastered either. And for $40 bucks I'm going to be very unhappy with mediocre sounding audio quality even if Jesus himself is on a track.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2007, 02:40:33 PM »
Well I'm hoping it's in good quality, the sampler on their site sounded pretty good though...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

MarshColin

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

Yeah exactly, or they're taggs all over the songs. I mean we don’t even know where this music is coming from in terms of inherent audio quality. Did OFTB find a cassette of a bunch of songs they did at Death Row and that’s what we're getting? Or if they are from the studio, are they just the rough studio mixes from 96 burned to a CD so the group members could listen? I doubt they have the master reels for these songs in which case these tracks aren’t professionally mixed. And if that's the case I doubt they'll be mastered either. And for $40 bucks I'm going to be very unhappy with mediocre sounding audio quality even if Jesus himself is on a track.

100% CD Quality. All tracks are final mixes. It's straight from the DATs and there will be NO tags on any of the songs. So you can be indifferent on the price all you want but when it comes to the actual CD it's all there in it's original form without tags. When they left Death Row, they like many others, they took the masters or made copies of the masters.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
Well it's great to hear that... thanks Coma.

Just wish they released a big box set of albums at once, I'd cop that...

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
Just tried to check out the forums on mrmakaveli.net or whatever the page is called, got to it through www.thavaults.com and I can't join the forum, anyone know why they are not accepting more ppl? As there seems to be a bit of talk there about more albums coming out...

MarshColin

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
The people on there don't know what other albums will be released. Those are decent forums for people who still take an interest in Death Row and they are especially good for 2Pac fans. I never was huge on Pac but I learned a ton on that forum. But Toby, you will know when the next album(s) are coming, it will have its own site just like the OFTB one and I'll make a thread on here or something to let everybody know what's up.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
If OFTB has had master copies of their Death Row album since they left in 98-99, why decide now to leak it?  You figure they could sell more copies if they sold that shit publically around the time that Flatbroke Ent. flopped.  I could care less about a t-shirt (I'm not the one to rock t's of my favorite artists) and generally most rap DVD's that come with cd's suck, just the music, which judging from that sampler is fuckin' hot. 

Thinking about some other albums from that label that might leak, a couple names come to mind where I'd probably put down that money for a cd.

MarshColin

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »
They were probably too scared to release because of legal reasons. What they are doing right now is illegal because Death Row owns those songs, not them. They are seeing that others are selling their old Death Row material and not getting action taken against them so they probably feel it's ok now.

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »
If OFTB has had master copies of their Death Row album since they left in 98-99, why decide now to leak it?
that's a good question
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Quadruple OG

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »
They were probably too scared to release because of legal reasons. What they are doing right now is illegal because Death Row owns those songs, not them. They are seeing that others are selling their old Death Row material and not getting action taken against them so they probably feel it's ok now.

Who are the "others"?  Hammer's DR cd wasn't sold by Hammer and that shit from Top Dogg was nothing more than a compilation of tracks that were released mixed in with a couple unreleased tracks.

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:46 PM »
If you look on 2pac "all eyez on me" booklet,upcoming death row releases were supposed to be...(we are talking 1996)

death row compilation (maybe christmas on death row??)
danny boy (unreleased)
sam sneed (unreleased)
nate dogg (released on death row in canada for a few days,and independent by nate himself on g funk classics)
The lady of rage (released in 97)
Michel'le (released in 98)
Snoop "Tha doggfather" (released 96)
dr dre chronic II (unreleased)
2pac makaveli records compilation (maybe unreleased,don't think this compilation is the 7th day theory)

What i am trying to say??? Oftb album,even if they were signed to death row,were not in the works. Even,they weren't promoted as featuring artist not in 2pac album,not in doggfather album...they only have a song in the soundtracks,so this "DR missing files" I don't see as an death row album,maybe as a compialtion of songs that Oftb were recording in the time they were signed.

So 41$ for a compilation...I would pay 41$ for a death row album like danny boy (was waiting for that record),maybe for dr dre album,maybe for sam sneed,and maybe for crooked I "say hi to the bad guy",or mayve "untochable". And even,ten years after that music was made,41$ would be too much for me.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »
If you look on 2pac "all eyez on me" booklet,upcoming death row releases were supposed to be...(we are talking 1996)

death row compilation (maybe christmas on death row??)
danny boy (unreleased)
sam sneed (unreleased)
nate dogg (released on death row in canada for a few days,and independent by nate himself on g funk classics)
The lady of rage (released in 97)
Michel'le (released in 98)
Snoop "Tha doggfather" (released 96)
dr dre chronic II (unreleased)
2pac makaveli records compilation (maybe unreleased,don't think this compilation is the 7th day theory)

What i am trying to say??? Oftb album,even if they were signed to death row,were not in the works. Even,they weren't promoted as featuring artist not in 2pac album,not in doggfather album...they only have a song in the soundtracks,so this "DR missing files" I don't see as an death row album,maybe as a compialtion of songs that Oftb were recording in the time they were signed.

So 41$ for a compilation...I would pay 41$ for a death row album like danny boy (was waiting for that record),maybe for dr dre album,maybe for sam sneed,and maybe for crooked I "say hi to the bad guy",or mayve "untochable". And even,ten years after that music was made,41$ would be too much for me.

I'd have to dig out the booklet, but for Death Row's Greatest Hits, I believe it has an OFTB album in there listed as coming soon.