Author Topic: Question to Christians  (Read 166 times)

pharaoh

Question to Christians
« on: December 24, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »
The Christians do not believe in God as being a human being, yet they believe in Him as being the Father of all human beings. They also refer to God as He, Him, Man, King and The Ruler. They teach that God sees, hears, talks, walks, stands, sits, rides, and flies; that He grieves or sorrows; and that He is interested in the affairs of human beings. They also teach that once upon a time He made the first man like Himself in the image and likeness of Himself, but yet they believe that He, Himself, is not a man or human. They preach and prophesy of His coming and that He will be seen on the Judgment Day but is not man. They cannot tell us what He looks like, yet man is made like Him and in the image of God, and yet they still say that He is a mystery (unknown).

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: Question to Christians
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 08:22:48 AM »
I am in opinion that he is a man due to the numerous physical references and confrontations. And that he has a name. YHWH

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 09:50:27 AM »
john 4:23-24 says that God is Spirit

(23)Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. (24)God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

We refer to god as the father because he created us. there is no other human word that we can call God. i mean we cant call him "it" or "thing" because that just makes it seem as if he is an object and he is not. we give him human qualities (father,he, him etc) is so us humans can get some sort of understanding of what he is like (caring,loving, powerful,watching over us,). to actually explain what God is is impossible for the human mind to comprehend. God is so unexplainable to us humans because we have never experienced anything like him. we only know what we have been taught on earth.

you say that why do Christians use words like: God walks with me, sits with me, talks to me. but my question is what other word can we use to describe God we have to give him human qualities in order for us to understand him

you were wondering about the "God made us in his image" bit from the bible. he did but not physically (our bodies), he made us in his image because we are all spiritual beings just like him

Genesis 1:27 says " So God created man in his own image,in the image of God he created him" (meaning our spirits) then it says "male and female he created them".

yes Christians prophesy that God is going to come back but in the Body of Jesus which is called the "second coming of Jesus/Christ" which is going to happen in the end times

I hope this has answered your query/question.

Merry Christmas to everyone on this board if i don't come on later

NTP

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 04:03:40 PM »
john 4:23-24 says that God is Spirit

(23)Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. (24)God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

We refer to god as the father because he created us. there is no other human word that we can call God. i mean we cant call him "it" or "thing" because that just makes it seem as if he is an object and he is not. we give him human qualities (father,he, him etc) is so us humans can get some sort of understanding of what he is like (caring,loving, powerful,watching over us,). to actually explain what God is is impossible for the human mind to comprehend. God is so unexplainable to us humans because we have never experienced anything like him. we only know what we have been taught on earth.

you say that why do Christians use words like: God walks with me, sits with me, talks to me. but my question is what other word can we use to describe God we have to give him human qualities in order for us to understand him

you were wondering about the "God made us in his image" bit from the bible. he did but not physically (our bodies), he made us in his image because we are all spiritual beings just like him

Genesis 1:27 says " So God created man in his own image,in the image of God he created him" (meaning our spirits) then it says "male and female he created them".

yes Christians prophesy that God is going to come back but in the Body of Jesus which is called the "second coming of Jesus/Christ" which is going to happen in the end times

I hope this has answered your query/question.

Merry Christmas to everyone on this board if i don't come on later

i think that very well could be the best answer to pharaoh's question. Very good.