Author Topic: Busta Confirms Dre's Production Process !!  (Read 132 times)

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
Busta Confirms Dre's Production Process !!
« on: November 09, 2001, 03:42:44 AM »
This excert taken form www.mtv.com (news)

In two days, Busta recorded one song with Mel and three with Dre, including "Break Ya Neck."

"He's the one that came up with the title for 'Break Ya Neck,' " Busta explained. "He said, 'Yo, look what this beat got us doing in here. We're breaking our necks to it. You should just call this sh-- "Break Ya Neck." ' That's right up my ally. I like making dudes break their necks anyway."

Busta said Dre acted like a modern day Mozart when composing the tracks in the studio.

"It's a strange process 'cause he'll have the foundation of the beat. He gives me a copy of the CD and sends me in another room to write to it. While I'm writing to it, he'll call a couple keyboard players. He'll call a couple guitar players. He'll have like an orchestra going on in the studio, and he'll be sitting around listening to the foundation that he laid, and he'll just start figuring out different melodies.

"He'll tell the keyboard player or whatever — give them the example of the sound from his mouth, humming it, singing it, and they'll play it back," Busta continued. "He'll tell the next dude with the guitar, 'Do this.' He's like an orchestra conductor."

Thanks Mellowman for Looking Out !!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »