Author Topic: your support is needed/wash comments  (Read 320 times)

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
your support is needed/wash comments
« on: November 05, 2001, 08:31:49 AM »
starting tommorrow an important month for many of your favorite west coast artists is coming up. i urge everyone to support as many artists as you can. i realize that there is so many albums coming out most of you can't support them all but a lot of your favorite artists need your support if at all possible. people like warren g and nate dogg. these are great albums and well worth your money. also support east coast artists like erick sermon. these guys might not be able to keep making records if they dont sell decently. of course it is important to support stuff like dre's work on busta rhymes and the wash as well. the wash is coming out tommorrow and remember it is a soundtrack, but it includes some great tracks produced by dr. dre and mel man. they produce or co produce 6 tracks - benefit of the doubt, bad intentions, holla, str8 west coast, no and the wash. dre remixes get fucked up with me and on the boulevard. although dre had input in the direction and instruments on On the Boulevard and Get fucked up with me he DID NOT PROduce them. both of those sound like dre and are strongly influenced by dre but jellyrole and JZ get credited as they should have, as they put in the work. some of dre's musicians also contribute to a few other tracks. I  wanted to get this out so you can't say i lied to you about dre's production input so you'd go out and buy the album. i never tried to mislead you. but i promise the wash is a dope soundtrack and the movie is funny as hell. so please support the wash the movie and soundtrack if possible. but if it comes down to the wash or return of the regulator get warrens as he needs more support than we do. if you can get both do it. i'm not trying to advertise for these guys or for us but i wanted to reiiterate how much your support is needed. and i want to thank everyone for all of your support. it is appreciated more than you know. peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

BL7

Re: your support is needed/wash comments
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2001, 08:43:06 AM »
I'll be picking up the wash sdtk and bones, but that's all I can afford.

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2001, 08:45:13 AM »
Since there is no school tommarow for me, I'll try to hop over to Circuit City @ midnight.  If not...I'll get "The Wash" the in the mourning.  Can't wait for this shit...Mellowman; who is JZ?

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2001, 08:55:42 AM »
Daamn.Jellyroll is one tight mutha behind the boards...
Thanks Mellow...
Im gonna cop that new Warren G,and if I borrow some cash from my moms or pops ,I`m gona cop the wash to.

Peace maaain

teecee

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2001, 09:03:26 AM »
Damn, Jellyroll comes with crazy, CRAZY beats.  The first time i heard his production was on the Top Dogg cd, he had that beat with like 205 different sounds.  He is pretty good, and occasionally Great.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
on the subject of support:

Support independent West Coast hip hop and buy that CONTRAVERSY - INNER CONFLICTS album.

It should be out in Cali this week unless the distributor is on crack, so if you see it PLEASE buy that. I know most of you guys dont believe me when I say its one of the albums of the year, but why not check it out and find out for yourself? Those that know me know I only got love for real, original, creative music. This album is all of those.

If you dont see it in stores, either tell them to order it in or jump online and click one of the links in my signature.

gFuNkA

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2001, 10:50:11 AM »
will buy warren´s new joint and the wash...Loc, will be the track called Summertime on the INNER CONFLICTS album? That song is dope...

Wizard Whitebeard

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2001, 10:58:03 AM »

it includes some great tracks produced by dr. dre and mel man. they produce or co produce 6 tracks - benefit of the doubt, bad intentions, holla, str8 west coast, no and the wash.

I thought "Bad Intentions" was produced by Mohogany.  Dre even says, "Mohogany droppin the instrumental" near the end of the song.  Who produced this song?

I'm buying the album either way, but I just want to know.  Thanks.
"Doc rock a wife beater with me beatin' my wife's ass ironed on." - Redman

Mr_Loc

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2001, 11:06:46 AM »

Loc, will be the track called Summertime on the INNER CONFLICTS album?

yes indeed homie.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2001, 05:43:46 PM »

I thought "Bad Intentions" was produced by Mohogany.  Dre even says, "Mohogany droppin the instrumental" near the end of the song.  Who produced this song?

I'm buying the album either way, but I just want to know.  Thanks.

Dre Co-Produced it...

Notice how Mellow said Produced or Co-Produced...

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2001, 06:22:23 PM »
I'm defin. buying Warren G, The Wash, and Nate Dogg.  I'm so fuckin excited.  Benefit of the doubt is a fuckin great song!

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2001, 06:16:42 PM »
I already bought the wash and im definetly anticipating warren g and nate dogg.

Peace

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2001, 06:28:53 PM »
yeah...the Was Soundtrack is good....

the Xzibit song got on my nerves.......but....I was lookin forward to more DRE and Snoop Collabs...or at least more Doggystyle ARtist...shit..it has the doggystyle logo on there..and it only had Snoop and Soopafly on there from doggystyle........and I was disappointed they threw on a d12 track that was released on there CD already...i know they got a gang of unreleased songs.....so something new would of been nice..........on a scale of 1-10
i give it about a 6.5 to a 7    i guess some songs..i felt just shouldnt of been on there.....the just didnt seem to fit....

Plus...it must be official....Rakim isnt on aftermath.....truth was on there........we would think rakim would to...but oh well good luck to him in his future..maybe him and dre can hook up another time.........dont get me wrong....i am feeling tthe soundtrack.........but i like Bones Soundtrack better.....
knock'turnal and dre stand out...as the STr8 west coast track..shines.........and who was he talking about....in that song???  something like maybe i got the contract you were suppose to sign....met dre for 10 mins..and did a song with him you been with dre for years.........hittman maybe? who knows......

but again...like our boy said..go and support it.......im sure it will grow  on me.....but.......i downloaded Warren G already..and i am going to go buy it also..that is bangin.......

dont forget DAZ compilation also...
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2001, 09:34:32 PM »
all i can say :they both dope
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Murrow

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2001, 02:06:05 AM »

Plus...it must be official....Rakim isnt on aftermath.....truth was on there........we would think rakim would to...but oh well good luck to him in his future..maybe him and dre can hook up another time.........

The Ra is still on Aftermath...and there is a small chance acording to Mellow that he may never drop a solo album again.  *Small Chance*