Author Topic: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!  (Read 980 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: GIANTS SIGN ZITO 7 YRS 126 MILLION!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 03:43:02 PM »
Haha...that ain't gonna do shit. The Gaymen are still the wackest team in the NL West along with Colorado.

lol
sure

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »
126 million for Zito??? get the fuck outta here with that shit, maybe 3 years back or something but now?  no way
he was an all star last year and outpitched johan in the playoffs... 8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »
Barry Zito isn't an ace, Matt Cain on the other hand can be one.  The NL West is still a battle between the Diamondbacks, Dodgers, and Padres. 

How do you figure?
Look at the Giants lineup and staff people, saying they wont compete is ludacris they competed last year with less...Watch Cain win 20 games this year too!  ;)

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 03:55:36 PM »
Amazing move for the GMEN!! With our rotation now we are easily the best team in the division no question about it!!  Cain, Zito, Lowry, Morris, and Jonathon Sanchez LOL the Dodgers dont have a chance.  And Tommy you are the homie but you are wrong saying this is a horrible move, this is a great move!! GO GIANTS!!! FUCK THE LA BUMS!!!!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 03:59:02 PM »
Barry Zito isn't an ace, Matt Cain on the other hand can be one.  The NL West is still a battle between the Diamondbacks, Dodgers, and Padres. 

How do you figure?
Look at the Giants lineup and staff people, saying they wont compete is ludacris they competed last year with less...Watch Cain win 20 games this year too!  ;)

Barry Zito hasn't been an ace for about three years now, the evidence is there.  The team's centerpiece is older and he obviously is going to be weaker.  Rich Aurilia and Dave Roberts will not repeat last year's performances, and Alou's bat will be missed. 

herpes

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:38 PM »

How do you figure?

Barry Zito hasn't been an ace for about three years now, the evidence is there.  The team's centerpiece is older and he obviously is going to be weaker.  Rich Aurilia and Dave Roberts will not repeat last year's performances, and Alou's bat will be missed. 

thank you... and you never ever give a pitcher 7 years.

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 05:30:01 PM »
hahaha

*Note - This comming from a HUGE barry zito fan

$126 mil is WAYYYYYY too much for him.

He has never been injured and is great for innings, he will always be there.  But he has been very inconsistent for the past few years.  Barry Zito is not an Ace.  He wasn't even the A's ace the last couple of years.  He walks a shitload of batters.  He is good, really good, but definately not worth that money.  Its a very sad day indeed to see barry go over to the gay ass giants, sorry barry but you will never win a WS over there.  I wish he would have gone to the mets.  And spice girl, once again when it comes to sports you are wrong.  This is not a great move.  Its always a good move to pick up a pitcher like Zito, but not at that price.  Also Barry had the great oakland colesium which helped him tremendously with the deep fence and all the extra foul territory, good luck in SF.  My prediction for 2007:  Once again the A's have a better record than the Giants, A's make the playoff's Giants don't.  But hell I can't blame barry, I sure as hell wouldn't turn down that money.

rik

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 06:28:20 PM »
Amazing move for the GMEN!! With our rotation now we are easily the best team in the division no question about it!!  Cain, Zito, Lowry, Morris, and Jonathon Sanchez LOL the Dodgers dont have a chance.  And Tommy you are the homie but you are wrong saying this is a horrible move, this is a great move!! GO GIANTS!!! FUCK THE LA BUMS!!!!

You got spirit, I'll give you that. But c'mon bro, no way the Giants are the best team in the division. They won't compete.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 12:57:41 AM »
hahaha

*Note - This comming from a HUGE barry zito fan

$126 mil is WAYYYYYY too much for him.

He has never been injured and is great for innings, he will always be there.  But he has been very inconsistent for the past few years.  Barry Zito is not an Ace.  He wasn't even the A's ace the last couple of years.  He walks a shitload of batters.  He is good, really good, but definately not worth that money.  Its a very sad day indeed to see barry go over to the gay ass giants, sorry barry but you will never win a WS over there.  I wish he would have gone to the mets.  And spice girl, once again when it comes to sports you are wrong.  This is not a great move.  Its always a good move to pick up a pitcher like Zito, but not at that price.  Also Barry had the great oakland colesium which helped him tremendously with the deep fence and all the extra foul territory, good luck in SF.  My prediction for 2007:  Once again the A's have a better record than the Giants, A's make the playoff's Giants don't.  But hell I can't blame barry, I sure as hell wouldn't turn down that money.

Of course its too much money, but they got the best pitcher on the market and sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do the Yankees ALWAYS OVERPAY but they are always competing for the World Series...Zito had a great year last year for anyone that said he hasnt been conistent. He was poor 3 years ago, had a good year 2 years ago and a great year last year. He is on the way back up and will have more run support then he did with the A's he will eat up innings have an ERA in the 3's, just like last year and win 15-20 games Just like last year..126 million too much, what but do the fans care? We made the moves we needed to make, and we will be in the hunt for the NL WEST title. If Matt Morris gets back to pitching how he can we will have the best staff in the west.

The Best of 3 Worlds

swangin and bangin

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 01:50:19 AM »

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 10:16:31 AM »
Keep in mind he has over a 4 ERA over the past three seasons.  And that was in a pitchers park with a great defense behind him.  That is not good for a guy making $18mil per year over the next 7 years. 

With that said, he is durable and young, so it might end up working out.  But if you're gonna pay a guy a top-10 MLB salary, I would assume you'd get more production than that.  The Giants now decide they want to spend some real cash?  Maybe they should have done it when Bonds was in his prime.  They could have got the big bat they always needed. 

Zito saved their off-season from being a complete mess (assuming he is healthy during a great majority of those seven years).  They completely screwed up by not trying 100% to sign Soriano.  He is MUCH more valuable than Zito.  And then they go out and do the typical Giants shit and add old-ass players (Aurilia, Klesko, Dave Roberts).  Sabean is off his rocker.  Thank god for Giants fans the division sucks balls
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 10:24:59 AM »
Keep in mind he has over a 4 ERA over the past three seasons.  And that was in a pitchers park with a great defense behind him.  That is not good for a guy making $18mil per year over the next 7 years. 

With that said, he is durable and young, so it might end up working out.  But if you're gonna pay a guy a top-10 MLB salary, I would assume you'd get more production than that.  The Giants now decide they want to spend some real cash?  Maybe they should have done it when Bonds was in his prime.  They could have got the big bat they always needed. 

Zito saved their off-season from being a complete mess (assuming he is healthy during a great majority of those seven years).  They completely screwed up by not trying 100% to sign Soriano.  He is MUCH more valuable than Zito.  And then they go out and do the typical Giants shit and add old-ass players (Aurilia, Klesko, Dave Roberts).  Sabean is off his rocker.  Thank god for Giants fans the division sucks balls

how do you figure
he was era last year was 3.83 and 3.86 the year before..only once in his career has it been over 4 and that was 2004. And twice it has been under 3..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »
Don't get me wrong. I'm not really down on the signing, just questioning throwing that much money at a guy who is not great -- especially when the Giants have been so cheap in years past.  That is when they should have spent some money.

Hey, but at least they finally came to their senses and spent it.  Their off-season went from dismal to, well, something better than bad.  Only time will tell.  I honestly do feel that Zito will pitch well... I'm just questioning a) the Giants signing him, and b) the amount of money he got paid.

As for Soriano, I think he is only getting paid 1 or 2 more mil a year over Zito, and if that is the case I think Soriano is the guy you want to sign.  He has been consistently very good to great for years now, in both leagues and a variety of parks.

Giants still need to add a big bat.

As for the A's, they haven't done much of anything yet but I'm hoping something is coming soon.  Regardless, I have faith that Beane will put out another 90+ win club.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »
True TheMoSav his career era is 3.55 but like i said in a pitchers park with an awesome defense behind him in oakland

WC Iz Active

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 12:02:29 PM »
True TheMoSav his career era is 3.55 but like i said in a pitchers park with an awesome defense behind him in oakland

LOL, Pac Bell (I dont refer to it as SBC Park) is much more of a pitchers park then Oakland.