Author Topic: [NEW] DJ Quik feat. AMG - Can U Work Wit That  (Read 2055 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: [NEW] DJ Quik feat. AMG - Can U Work Wit That
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »
lol i got -3 karma just because I posted that I like the song in this thread.... wow  :o

crown prince

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »
Yall need to stop !! The man been in the game 15+ and he still one of the best.Yeah the beat is'nt so complex or what you used to hearing from him ,but when you go out to the club outside of the west coast I'm pretty sure this will be in rotation.Plus it's him and G how long you been waiting for this.Work with that!! Let quik get that money he ain't gone crossova. ;)

Smoke

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »
NIMA WE NEED OF A QUIK INTERVIEW U KNOW

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2006, 12:20:30 PM »
Wow, thats wack. The beat is one some Laffy Taffy stuff  :'(

laffy taffy ain't as bad as you think, plus it was #1 song in the country.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »
Yall need to stop !! The man been in the game 15+ and he still one of the best.Yeah the beat is'nt so complex or what you used to hearing from him ,but when you go out to the club outside of the west coast I'm pretty sure this will be in rotation.Plus it's him and G how long you been waiting for this.Work with that!! Let quik get that money he ain't gone crossova. ;)

Yuo make a good point

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2006, 12:36:30 PM »
Oh and how come quik and amg sound totaly different, why do they change they voice lool i think quik even puts on a south accent lol

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »

Thing is....it's one thing to take a formula of what's been hot on radio, and put your own twist to it to where people are like damm, that is sick...but when you have talent, especially at Quik's level, you should never aim to make a beat that sounds exactly like what's been done, without innovating it at all.

It's like this....yeah, "Laffy Taffy" and "Lean wit it" were very simple, and wack in many people's eyes, but many producers since then took those elements and ended up making dope beats with that same structure...so we got songs like "You should be my girl" and "She likes that" from Jazze Phe. Or how "Wait" and "Vans" have just drums..but other producers took that formula and made beats like Rhymefest "Stick" and Ray Ray "Tell em what they wanna hear" which built off of that.

So with Quik doin this track...he didn't do anything to change up the game, or help it evolve...so the beat just blends in with everything that's already been done. Not only that...but for all of us sayin "well he wants to make a nationwide hit" that makes plenty sense...but it's two major things we aren't thinkin bout....number one, this song isn't nearly as catchy as most of the down south songs that blow up...and two, it's never about how dope the song is, but how much it gets pushed. If they pushed "Black Mercedez" hard as hell, and pushed this song just as hard, people would like Black Mercedez just because it's a much stronger song, even though this one seems as if it'll appeal to more people.

Overall....this is like a 15 point, 2 assist, 3 rebound game from Jordan, Kobe, or Magic....that's decent for a role player, and very good for a bench player....but definitely not for a superstar.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »
Oh and how come quik and amg sound totaly different, why do they change they voice lool i think quik even puts on a south accent lol

If you listen to AMG's new tracks from 2005/2006, he changed his voice.

WestCoasta

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »
everyone needs to relax

it's obvious that this track is intentional, he did that Southern accent intentionally

I'm sure this isn't his new picked up style, take it for what it's worth and stop worrying about it

WestCoasta

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2006, 01:10:59 PM »
I think, quik lost his own style. he wants to make money. everbody know that quik didn't sell well with his old albums

Thats one thing, he is trying to make money at this stage of his career and i don't blame him at all for that. Personally tho i don't have to buy it either tho. It reminds me of e-40 i used to lie hi but then he tried making money and he did but now i don't like him anymore.

haha what a bunch of retards

so you know for a fact he put out this track to get with the in crowd and make more money?

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2006, 01:11:10 PM »
props for the hook up

the beat is simple, but the shit still bumps......nice jam for the ride or the club

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2006, 01:28:54 PM »

Thing is....it's one thing to take a formula of what's been hot on radio, and put your own twist to it to where people are like damm, that is sick...but when you have talent, especially at Quik's level, you should never aim to make a beat that sounds exactly like what's been done, without innovating it at all.

It's like this....yeah, "Laffy Taffy" and "Lean wit it" were very simple, and wack in many people's eyes, but many producers since then took those elements and ended up making dope beats with that same structure...so we got songs like "You should be my girl" and "She likes that" from Jazze Phe. Or how "Wait" and "Vans" have just drums..but other producers took that formula and made beats like Rhymefest "Stick" and Ray Ray "Tell em what they wanna hear" which built off of that.

So with Quik doin this track...he didn't do anything to change up the game, or help it evolve...so the beat just blends in with everything that's already been done. Not only that...but for all of us sayin "well he wants to make a nationwide hit" that makes plenty sense...but it's two major things we aren't thinkin bout....number one, this song isn't nearly as catchy as most of the down south songs that blow up...and two, it's never about how dope the song is, but how much it gets pushed. If they pushed "Black Mercedez" hard as hell, and pushed this song just as hard, people would like Black Mercedez just because it's a much stronger song, even though this one seems as if it'll appeal to more people.

Overall....this is like a 15 point, 2 assist, 3 rebound game from Jordan, Kobe, or Magic....that's decent for a role player, and very good for a bench player....but definitely not for a superstar.

Exactly.

DJ Quik has made southern tracks before, check out his work with 8 ball and MJG, that shit was hot. This way way way below Quik standards and sounds liek everything else out there, just mediocre.

This song is just OK, nothing special.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »
^^^Yeah exaaactly....on Buck Bounce, he took the south bounce, but made it hot as hell with a west coast feel...and he was flowin hard as fuck to it!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2006, 01:46:13 PM »
lol people giving me negative karma pts for this thread, hope i didnt hurt ya feelings or nothin lol....i'm all for supporting the west, but riding on the southern bandwagan? i know quik could do alot better then this...i wish he would make like a Rhythm-al-ism pt2 or somethin...that was his best work imo....

lol my karma went down after that post too. how surprising.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
^^^Yeah exaaactly....on Buck Bounce, he took the south bounce, but made it hot as hell with a west coast feel...and he was flowin hard as fuck to it!!

Yup, buck bounce was hard and so was Janky.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels