Author Topic: [NEW] DJ Quik feat. AMG - Can U Work Wit That  (Read 2047 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: [NEW] DJ Quik feat. AMG - Can U Work Wit That
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »
After a few listens.....I'd say that I kinda like it as a song, but not as a DJ Quik song. Meaning...if I am makin a DJ Quik mix, or if I am introducin him to somebody who doesn't know about him, I would not put this song on there at all....but I'll put it on a regular mix.

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2007, 05:23:01 PM »
well this goes up with fandago as one of my least favorite dj quik songs

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2007, 06:49:41 PM »
peolpe are sayin Fandago was a terrible song or somethin but Fandago shits all over this junk...Fandago had that more instrumetal live feel that quik is known for but this sounds soo average like some kid outta the south put together..besides the big bass on i think this shit is terrible and most likely the worst quik song ever

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
wtf is wrong with fandango? It's a perfect club/radio song..... one of my favorite songs from trauma

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2007, 08:54:11 PM »
you know what?  i like this song

it doesn't feel like quik, but its a decent song.  hopefully the album wont' be like this though.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
Fandango is fucking sickkk, dont know what people are saying....this song is average as fuck and below standards for DJ Quik

**In the begining theres some bitch speaking portguese lol

keepin_it_real

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »
Its an aight song in my opinion, no where near his best work, but still dope.

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »
its ok but not what i expected.

Chief

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2007, 05:34:36 AM »
beat sounds pretty dope, it would be nice in a club... needs a more pop artist on it though, not quik and AMG  :-\

it's far from great, but it's cool.. i wouldn't hold this track against quik.

and i think he's just trying to sound young on the track..

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »
everyone needs to relax

it's obvious that this track is intentional, he did that Southern accent intentionally

I'm sure this isn't his new picked up style, take it for what it's worth and stop worrying about it

fucking thank you.....everyone seems to forget about "what they think".....that describes this song. these fellas are just fuckin around..

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2007, 07:24:51 AM »
 i dunno..
i played on ma big speakers and ladies started dancing and sway to it...so it mite be a hit for the ladies...
But true Quik fans ..mite need to a little time to get use to it...

I think it's alright....I hope all the songs on his album won't be like this..hope he brings that quik flava back in...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:05 AM »
After a few listens.....I'd say that I kinda like it as a song, but not as a DJ Quik song. Meaning...if I am makin a DJ Quik mix, or if I am introducin him to somebody who doesn't know about him, I would not put this song on there at all....but I'll put it on a regular mix.

Damn R, you worded it perfectly, I couldn't have said it better.

Chief

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
i dunno..
i played on ma big speakers and ladies started dancing and sway to it...so it mite be a hit for the ladies...
But true Quik fans ..mite need to a little time to get use to it...

I think it's alright....I hope all the songs on his album won't be like this..hope he brings that quik flava back in...

LMFAO +1 @ usin women as a tester

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »
everyone needs to relax

it's obvious that this track is intentional, he did that Southern accent intentionally

I'm sure this isn't his new picked up style, take it for what it's worth and stop worrying about it

fucking thank you.....everyone seems to forget about "what they think".....that describes this song. these fellas are just fuckin around..

If they were just fuckin around, and put it on their Myspace or somethin, then we wouldn't care as much...but they played this on the radio at prime time last Friday, as if it's his brand new single that will go down in history with the rest of his singles. It might even end up as a single that doesn't even make the album, who knows...but they weren't fuckin around to the point that it's like "hey, let's play a joke and make this song, and send it to the radio stations and push it as ou single".

SikksTrey

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2007, 09:32:13 AM »
Im glad Quik doesnt sound like he did back in 95-98, even tho he released his best work to date in these years, IMO, I still think an artist should develop and take his style further.
 I kinda like the way Quiks developing, and I really think this beat is a banger, n they both sound good on it.
Quik do sound different tho, drunk or whatever, he still came nice tho.. This track actually makes me anticipate an eventual album even more, cuz I really dont know what to expect.
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C