Author Topic: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up  (Read 1305 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
Game Shut Me the Fuk Up
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:51:29 PM »
Damn, Game really proved me wrong.  I used to hate him and thought he was overrated.  I did not feel his first Album "The Documentary."  It sounded like a pop type of G-Unit album (Which it was).  But Doctor's Advocate is Bangin.  He is one of my fav rappers in the game.  This album is straight up westcoast funk.  No G-Unit thank God.  The beats are bangin and he has westoast legends all over the album.  "One Night and "Ol' English" are my two fav tracks.  He sounds so Much better with Snoop, Daz, Kurupt (DPG) than he did with G-Unit (50, Buck, Banks).  Give it up for The Game and The Westcoast.  He shut me and all his other haters the fuk up.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »
truth. he improved miles on DA.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:08:47 PM »

-T

haha yeah right ::). Maybe he proved something to you, but music wise, its just the same old predictible Game. DA, 3.5/5, the Doc 4/5. The thing I don't like about this album is, its a cookie cutter album. The producers send him the beats, the features send him the vocals, and then he puts vocals on top. I would've liked if Game, Xzibit and Snoop got together in a room with JR and wrote/produced a track. But its not like that. Theirs no music collaberation, I bet Game never even met face to face half the producers he put on the album.

Rappers need to get back to the old days, go into the studio with one or two producers, and work and calloborate and make an album. Its not like Game and Xzibit sat together and wrote/rapped together to the beat. Its not very imaginative or exciting. It doesn't go together. Rappers need to collaborate in person.

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:24:19 PM »

-T

haha yeah right ::). Maybe he proved something to you, but music wise, its just the same old predictible Game. DA, 3.5/5, the Doc 4/5. The thing I don't like about this album is, its a cookie cutter album. The producers send him the beats, the features send him the vocals, and then he puts vocals on top. I would've liked if Game, Xzibit and Snoop got together in a room with JR and wrote/produced a track. But its not like that. Theirs no music collaberation, I bet Game never even met face to face half the producers he put on the album.

Rappers need to get back to the old days, go into the studio with one or two producers, and work and calloborate and make an album. Its not like Game and Xzibit sat together and wrote/rapped together to the beat. Its not very imaginative or exciting. It doesn't go together. Rappers need to collaborate in person.

I thought Game said in a interview that he did collaborate with X in the studio?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »

-T

the only thing he improved on DA was his flow...rapping alot better but lyrically...he needs to get better...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »

-T

You just always have to find something to complain about when it comes to Game, don't you?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »
^ Thats what I don't get about you kids. I say something negative about Game and you make a post about it. But when you hate on G-Unit in every 50 Cent/G-Unit related thread, you find that fine. It goes both ways buddy. You diss G-Unit, I'll say what I want about Game. Your a hater, I'm a hater.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

The doctors advocate is dope. 
But its true what ur saying.  This album aint bad wit the "cookie cutter album" like you say, cause theres alot worse.

But its true cause back in the days with death row, u used to see all of them be in the studio.  theyd have dre or warren making beats while nate in there singing and snoop in there rapping.
So the album would be one dope sound all troughout.

Now days the producer will just send u the beats. U rap.  Pay some famous rapper to rap on it, so you send him the beat. and its a song. 
U can be across the country and make a song.

People need to go back to having your own producer wit his own style that fits the rapper and just being in the studio making track after track
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 08:19:32 PM »

-T

He was with X and Nas in the studio.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 08:31:39 PM »
I liked documentary muc better but with that said drs advocate is my favorite of the year and i love the fact that its all westcoast

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:36:16 PM »
it is mainly west coast but he shows national love and that's cool.

i like DA and doc pretty equally and I didn't think i would.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

The_Offence

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »
cookie cutter album or not it's still a banger i dont give a fuck how the album is made what does that have to do with me as a fan all i care about is the music it self

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
I couldn't actually listen all the way through The documentry, sure it had one or two good tracks, like start from scratch when i first heard it made me pay attention, hate it or love it will always be a classic in my eyes. But that album was just too long and most parts bored me.

When the DA dropped and even now, i still enjoy all the flows Game gives off throughout his album, sure there was the name dropping issue and what not but in the end i'd give him his props on some real talk. It could have turned out alot worse..
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »
The reason why people think this album is "best of the year". Is because they probably only listened to a dozen west coast albums this year. Of the mainstream, E-40, Cube, Snoop, sure DA probably is the best (it isn't though). But the more music you listen to, the more you realize the quality just isn't here. Listen to 50 albums a year, damn listen to a hundred, would the DA still be your top album? Hmmm doubt it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 10:08:05 PM »
^ Thats what I don't get about you kids. I say something negative about Game and you make a post about it. But when you hate on G-Unit in every 50 Cent/G-Unit related thread, you find that fine. It goes both ways buddy. You diss G-Unit, I'll say what I want about Game. Your a hater, I'm a hater.

I look at it like this, you and Detox have made it perfectly clear that you hate Game. We get it, we live with it. Why do both of you still find it necessary to go into every thread and hate on him? You've probably posted 25+ about how you don't like "Doctor's Advocate" alone.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"