Author Topic: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up  (Read 1321 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game Shut Me the Fuk Up
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
DA > Doc

DA is a more cohesive album, Doc was all over the place with the sound. DA sounds all West Coast except for maybe "Wouldn't Get Far" and "Why You Hate The Game" but they still fit the feel of the album. The concept, although stannish, behind the album also gives DA a direction. Doc is a great album too though not taking anything away from it.
Agree wit everything except for the 2 tracks you mentioned saying they still fit the album.Oh & "Bang" is my favorite track.

d-nice

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2007, 10:08:43 AM »
I guess everyone has their reason as to why they do not like Game. That comes with the fame and fortune. Mo Money Mo Problems. 1 factor that Game did have on his side on his 2nd album is the fact that he did have the support of alot of heavy hitters on the west (especially Snoop, if he would not co sign Game, that would have been damaging). If he would not have had that along with all the other beefs he had going on, I don't know how effective the album would be. Not to say that the guests carry the album, it just would not justify him saying he is bringing the west back as much.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »
I guess everyone has their reason as to why they do not like Game. That comes with the fame and fortune. Mo Money Mo Problems. 1 factor that Game did have on his side on his 2nd album is the fact that he did have the support of alot of heavy hitters on the west (especially Snoop, if he would not co sign Game, that would have been damaging). If he would not have had that along with all the other beefs he had going on, I don't know how effective the album would be. Not to say that the guests carry the album, it just would not justify him saying he is bringing the west back as much.
I feel it would have been almost as damaging to snoop's cause to not co-sign game. But yeah, you speak real.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2007, 10:17:43 AM »
I feel it would have been almost as damaging to snoop's cause to not co-sign game. But yeah, you speak real.

-T

Well I meant it being that Snoop is already established. Game was becoming that after his 1st album but other than Dre he really did not have strong ties to anyone out west. So Snoop doing How The West Was One tour and putting Game on it, kind of put that official stamp from Snoop that me and him are riding together. And Snoop could have said "Fuck that, I am not supporting what Game is doing". He said it in a interview that he knew 50 first and once he sat down and got to know Game that made up his mind to work with him. So the support of Snoop, Cube, Dogg Pound, 40, Short and others went a long way.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2007, 10:23:48 AM »
truth.

i often think, once more, that Game is the perfectly designed west coast product. Between his first and second album he's worked with over 80% of the people you should work with to get your stripes and pay your dues in the west. If they weren't on his first album (Dre, Nate) they were on his second (alot of the rest of DPG). and if they weren't on either, well remember he did a song with Quik. dude's made all the right moves in some senses.

dude's rolled with the three or four people on the west that can really stamp you. Snoop,dre,quik, and 40 wadda.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
fuck the haters, this album was hella tight

The Best of 3 Worlds

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
truth. he improved miles on DA.

-T

haha yeah right ::). Maybe he proved something to you, but music wise, its just the same old predictible Game. DA, 3.5/5, the Doc 4/5. The thing I don't like about this album is, its a cookie cutter album. The producers send him the beats, the features send him the vocals, and then he puts vocals on top. I would've liked if Game, Xzibit and Snoop got together in a room with JR and wrote/produced a track. But its not like that. Theirs no music collaberation, I bet Game never even met face to face half the producers he put on the album.

Rappers need to get back to the old days, go into the studio with one or two producers, and work and calloborate and make an album. Its not like Game and Xzibit sat together and wrote/rapped together to the beat. Its not very imaginative or exciting. It doesn't go together. Rappers need to collaborate in person.

You couldn't be more right about this, but it's not just Game, it's just about every artist that has features on their albums today. Everything is cookie cutter. I enjoy Game's album, but it could be miles better if he were to sit down with all artists and producers and think out concepts together and break down beats and invest all ideas possible to make a song more creative. Why do you think The Chronic, Doggystyle, Illmatic, 36 Champbers are all considered classics. Because they were all in the studio in the same mind frame as eachother when the albums were being made. The Game, meaning hiphop has got really lazy, because it doesn't have a demanding audience anymore. Yall agree?

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »
I agree but again who is saying that he did not collaborate in the studio with these artists. He said he was in the studio with Nas, Busta, X. The was in the studio with Just Blaze. Maybe I am missing something here.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 10:42:19 AM »
I agree but again who is saying that he did not collaborate in the studio with these artists. He said he was in the studio with Nas, Busta, X. The was in the studio with Just Blaze. Maybe I am missing something here.

I base most of what i was saying on the production although i didn't fully state that. When you listen to his songs, they go verse/chorus/verse/chorus all the way to the end. There's really no breakdowns or anything to grab your atterntion to change the song up at all. Not to mention his lyrical content seems to run short quite fast. I think DA is one of my favorite albums to bump this year, possibly my favorite west coast album since Quik's last, which to this day i think can't be fucked with.

Fuck it, on that note. That's a perfect example of what a well thought out album is. Dj Quik's Trauma. Although yall may or may not have liked it, everybody was on the same page when writing the tracks. I even marked out when i heard how dope and hungry Chingy sounded on the4 track he did with Quik, and i can't stand Chingy. Quik sits down and writes music from scratch and is there during the whole recording process of songs. That's why his albums flow so well and everyone sounds like they're on the same page. Pick through any one of his albums, it sounds like everyone involved was in the same room while that album was being made. And that dates from 1991-2005,

chill

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2007, 10:46:05 AM »

I base most of what i was saying on the production although i didn't fully state that. When you listen to his songs, they go verse/chorus/verse/chorus all the way to the end. There's really no breakdowns or anything to grab your atterntion to change the song up at all. Not to mention his lyrical content seems to run short quite fast. I think DA is one of my favorite albums to bump this year, possibly my favorite west coast album since Quik's last, which to this day i think can't be fucked with.

Fuck it, on that note. That's a perfect example of what a well thought out album is. Dj Quik's Trauma. Although yall may or may not have liked it, everybody was on the same page when writing the tracks. I even marked out when i heard how dope and hungry Chingy sounded on the4 track he did with Quik, and i can't stand Chingy. Quik sits down and writes music from scratch and is there during the whole recording process of songs. That's why his albums flow so well and everyone sounds like they're on the same page. Pick through any one of his albums, it sounds like everyone involved was in the same room while that album was being made. And that dates from 1991-2005,

chill

No one is saying that shit isn't tight, but it doesn't mean records that were made other ways bad.

ALSO:

Lookin' At You
Why you hate the Game?
aren't that conventional in structure.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2007, 10:52:38 AM »

chill

Ok I see what you are saying. It's funny you said Quik because after Game was not working with Dre I wanted Quik to do executive production for Game. I think the album does have a good flow and vibe to it. It could be better but I think also that comes from the fact he does not have that musical director like a Dre or Quik putting his album together either. So for Game, it is probably just easier to get the tracks and rap over them, but other producers you want to sit down and make it from stratch. Some songs had that feel, others did not.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2007, 10:57:03 AM »

chill

No one is saying that shit isn't tight, but it doesn't mean records that were made other ways bad.

ALSO:

Lookin' At You
Why you hate the Game?
aren't that conventional in structure.

-T

Yeah to a degree, but how i look at it, fuck structuring a song. Structure a whole album. When you finish listening to that album, you should feel like it's something you haven't heard before, like they flipped it differently. They tried to be creative enough to seperate themselves from everything else. If you aren't in the studio vibing off the person you are making a song or album with how are you going to create that energy and bring out eachothers creative sides. The reason i feel this way is because all the music i make, i sit down and properly think it out with the people i'm creating with. Back in the day when i was releasing shit on dubcc over JayMastaJay and I-Bo productions i didn't have the luxury to sit down with them and get creative becasue we lived across the world from eachother. But now, that we do our own production we are albe to cover our bases. See artists like Game have that ability to get with the people that they make their songs with. It's just a matter of laziness i believe and the fact that they know people are going to buy their shit regardless. But i do feel, that record sales are down now because the consumer is starting to catch on and realize the laziness of artists which leads them to downloading albums. I'm not going to contradict myself, I download shit as well, but when i come across an album i really feel was put together well, i support it,

chill

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2007, 10:58:58 AM »
coo. -T

westcoastavengers.com

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »

chill

Ok I see what you are saying. It's funny you said Quik because after Game was not working with Dre I wanted Quik to do executive production for Game. I think the album does have a good flow and vibe to it. It could be better but I think also that comes from the fact he does not have that musical director like a Dre or Quik putting his album together either. So for Game, it is probably just easier to get the tracks and rap over them, but other producers you want to sit down and make it from stratch. Some songs had that feel, others did not.

We're on the same page now  ;)

chill

d-nice

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2007, 11:15:59 AM »
I actually like the songs he has done on both albums with Just Blaze. I know he sits down with him and comes up with stuff.