Author Topic: funny bow wow review  (Read 277 times)

da flayboyant 2

funny bow wow review
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »
 The Price of Fame mustn't be too steep., December 26, 2006
Reviewer: Escobar - See all my reviews
One-star reviews are something I rarely give out. I don't like reviewing a product if I have nothing remotely positive to remark about it, but I simply feel obligated to on Bow Wow's latest release, Price of Fame. Front and forward, I've gotta comment on the title of this release; Price of Fame. Bow Wow tricks unsuspecting buyers into thinking this could possibly be a mature, and introspective effort from the nineteen year old who dropped the "Lil'" in his name two LP's ago. Bow Wow's at a good age to offer wisdom from a youthful perspective, as Mobb Deep dropped The Infamous at the very same age.. however, while Mobb Deep were dropping knowledge over hardcore hip-hop backdrops aiming for classic status, Bow Wow's dropping club track after club track over poor, and overproduced beats hoping to rake in some cream with an album that, simply put, is well below subpar.

Firstly, Bow Wow's flow is horrendous. His breath control, or lack thereof, is abysmal. The beats he's chosen for his album are commercial rejects; much like everything Bow Wow's mentor, Jermaine Dupree, produces. Bow Wow doesn't even write his only songs, so I'm simply wondering, who the hell is ghostwriting this kid's lyrics, and why on earth does he still have a job? One reviewed quipped that the 'haters' who give this album negative reviews are jealous of Bow Wow's swagger; what swagger? Bow Wow doesn't sound comfortable on the microphone, despite having over half a decade in the game under his belt.

Bow Wow does offer a surpisingly insightful track in Outta My System, but even that one bit of insight can't save this abortion of an album. I didn't come into this release expecting anything more than a more mature, refined Bow Wow, and I came out seeing the same artist, and person he's been for the last six years; there's been no progress, and Bow Wow feels like little more than a persona created by JD, and his horrible entourage of ghostwriters. Even the likes of Nick Cannon could become a respectable artist in the hip-hop community, but Bow Wow isn't dropping any Can I Live?'s on Price of Fame. It's more of the same exact product you've been listening to since Bow Wow was telling you to "Bounce With Me." When Bow Wow says he's going to move all the 'old rappers out of the way' on Don't Know About That, you can't help but laugh at the sheer stupidity of that statement, and cringe at the disrespect. Bow Wow maybe young, but he's more washed-up than legends like KRS-1 or De La Soul, or even mainstream darlings like Snoop and Ice Cube; which is horrible, considering he was far below-average at his peak. If Bow Wow could dramatically, and quite frankly, miracuously, mature between this and his next release, then he maybe able to survive in the game, but if Bow Wow keeps going like this, it's time for this kid to hang up his hoodie.

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Fame-Bow-Wow/dp/B000JGW9I6/sr=8-1/qid=1167706419/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9104914-8807109?ie=UTF8&s=music

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: funny bow wow review
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:54:41 PM »
LOL, that album was garbage though, only track I liked was the one with T-Pain I deleted the album from my comp so I dont remember the name of it.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
Bow Wow maybe young, but he's more washed-up than legends like KRS-1 or De La Soul, or even mainstream darlings like Snoop and Ice Cube

Oh shit, LOL!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
Bow Wow has always been wack and cocky. Bad combination. I just don't understand how a guy who doesn't write lyrics can feel like he's the best.

Fuck them for calling Cube washed up!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
Bow Wow doesn't even write his only songs, so I'm simply wondering, who the hell is ghostwriting this kid's lyrics, and why on earth does he still have a job?

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Fame-Bow-Wow/dp/B000JGW9I6/sr=8-1/qid=1167706419/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9104914-8807109?ie=UTF8&s=music

if this is his last album then i believe TI wrote a lot of the lyrics, i dont have the album but i read that TI's name is listed on most of the tracks in the booklet.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 12:11:50 PM »
I could never get into Bow Wow. The kid got raped in his limo and wore a Mickey Mouse chain. I try to erase those things from my memory, but it won't happen.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »
I could never get into Bow Wow. The kid got raped in his limo and wore a Mickey Mouse chain. I try to erase those things from my memory, but it won't happen.

Raped? when?

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

Raped? when?

chill

I member that. It was a while back, his bodyguard raped him.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 09:00:25 PM »
you  mean he fucked him in the ass?

da flayboyant 2