Author Topic: Notre Dame vs LSU Sugar Bowl  (Read 690 times)

"THE" MoSav

Notre Dame vs LSU Sugar Bowl
« on: January 03, 2007, 04:29:41 PM »
I know there are some ND fans in here!
Any Predictions? The over\under is 56 and LSU is -9
LSU has 3 good players not starting due to disciplinary reasons, but it shouldnt hurt LSU too much cuz they will play....

Im gonna say LSU barely wins, but it should be a good game. ND just cant seem to stop anyone..

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Notre Dame vs LSU Sugar Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:48:20 PM »
this game is getting worst and worst as the time goes.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »
Jamarcus Russell is the real deal man does he have great arm strength and a quick ass release. I would love to see him in silver and black next year.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:57:27 PM »
Jamarcus Russell is the real deal man does he have great arm strength and a quick ass release. I would love to see him in silver and black next year.

This is the best he played all year! he looked great!
IMO the Raiders will take Quinn over Russell or Smith...
I thought the game would be closer. LSU hasnt really blown out anybody good all year..
Notre Dames defense is sooo awful

The Best of 3 Worlds

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »
If Russell plays like this, then I would love to see him in Silver and Black too... but this game seemed like an emotional high that LSU performed for. I don't take this as a true representation of LSU and Russell. I would perfer Smith in Silver in Black over anybody.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 09:41:58 PM »
LOL at Notre Dame haha

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »
no way quinn comes to the raiders his arm resembles a noodle very weak. also i hear hes interested in playing in cleveland. smith on the other hand i think is too short to play in the nfl hes listed at 6-1 but i heard hes only like 5-11.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 10:08:10 PM »
Russell has made as much improvement over the past two years as any college QB I have seen recently. Weis said within three years that Quinn would be a top 3 QB. I have yet to see him have a good game (or at least one that justifies the hype he receives) from Quinn.  Brohm and Russell are better prospects at this point than Quinn.

Let me tell you why Quinn is rated above the other QBs. You see, the world seemingly revolves around Bill Belichick. Weis succeeds with Ty Willingham's players and is suddenly a great coach-the guy won a Super Bowl or two with the Giants under Parcells. Mangini brings back a Jets team from a 4-win season and no one can figure out how a team with so little talent can win 10 games. What people forget is that the Jets were a 10 win team in 2004 and have only had one losing season in which Pennington played a fair part of the season. Pennington stays healthy and the Jets play a last place schedule and what do you know? They win 10 games. And it is very easy to forget that last season the Jets used four QBs last season and were ravaged with injuries. They have stayed healthy this season (especially on offense) and they made a couple shrewd picks with Ferguson and Mangold. Either way, because Weis tutored Tom Brady, it is naturally assumed that Weis can make any talented QB a 3-time SB champ. Quinn, while a good prospect, will not be a top-tier pro QB unless he is paired with a couple top-notch receiving threats. Has Quinn even had a good game against a top college opponent? I know he's a good decision-maker and accurate, but as Quinn had one good game against a top notch opponent lately?

Anyway, back to Russell. He is showing a great arm, the ability to move around in the pocket, and more accuracy than I thought he had. He's the best QB prospect I have seen that is likely going to be available in this year's draft.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »
Notre Dame is way over rated
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »
Notre Dame is way over rated
Agreed. They played some shitty teams this year.

Sparegeez

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 10:14:45 PM »
I was watching this game but soon switched it to Friday Night Lights after it got boring.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:38:33 AM »
no way quinn comes to the raiders his arm resembles a noodle very weak. also i hear hes interested in playing in cleveland. smith on the other hand i think is too short to play in the nfl hes listed at 6-1 but i heard hes only like 5-11.

best QB in the NFL this year (at least top 3) Drew Brees is 6'1...Troy Smith will be great in the NFL...He can make every throw on the field, thats what it comes down too.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:26 AM »
Russell has made as much improvement over the past two years as any college QB I have seen recently. Weis said within three years that Quinn would be a top 3 QB. I have yet to see him have a good game (or at least one that justifies the hype he receives) from Quinn.  Brohm and Russell are better prospects at this point than Quinn.

Let me tell you why Quinn is rated above the other QBs. You see, the world seemingly revolves around Bill Belichick. Weis succeeds with Ty Willingham's players and is suddenly a great coach-the guy won a Super Bowl or two with the Giants under Parcells. Mangini brings back a Jets team from a 4-win season and no one can figure out how a team with so little talent can win 10 games. What people forget is that the Jets were a 10 win team in 2004 and have only had one losing season in which Pennington played a fair part of the season. Pennington stays healthy and the Jets play a last place schedule and what do you know? They win 10 games. And it is very easy to forget that last season the Jets used four QBs last season and were ravaged with injuries. They have stayed healthy this season (especially on offense) and they made a couple shrewd picks with Ferguson and Mangold. Either way, because Weis tutored Tom Brady, it is naturally assumed that Weis can make any talented QB a 3-time SB champ. Quinn, while a good prospect, will not be a top-tier pro QB unless he is paired with a couple top-notch receiving threats. Has Quinn even had a good game against a top college opponent? I know he's a good decision-maker and accurate, but as Quinn had one good game against a top notch opponent lately?

Anyway, back to Russell. He is showing a great arm, the ability to move around in the pocket, and more accuracy than I thought he had. He's the best QB prospect I have seen that is likely going to be available in this year's draft.

No Quinn has not had a good game against a top opponent. But how can he when against top opponents they are always down, and HE HAS TO THROW and they know it, he would be great in those circumstances?

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:57 AM »

No Quinn has not had a good game against a top opponent. But how can he when against top opponents they are always down, and HE HAS TO THROW and they know it, he would be great in those circumstances?

Its easy for a defense to pin there ears back when they are up 2-3 td's, Quinns bound to make some mistakes when he has to throw 50 times a game (Which he does against big time opponents) The guy can still CLEARLY play and is still clearly talented. Do i think he is a tad overrated, maybe..But if you say that, then you gotta say Manning is too. They both never win the big one but put up great numbers and dont have a defense. Id love to See Quinn play with LSU's defense backing him up, and i hate Notre Dame. I think Troy Smith is the best Qb in the nation. Russell has the best arm for sure. But Smith is the smartest, has a great arm, and makes the best decisions (69% comp). Quinn, Russell, Brohm, and Smith should all go 1st rd imo...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »

best QB in the NFL this year (at least top 3) Drew Brees is 6'1...Troy Smith will be great in the NFL...He can make every throw on the field, thats what it comes down too.
that 2 inch difference is huge hommie