Author Topic: The Raconteurs perform Nancy Sinatra classic *DOPE SHIT*  (Read 139 times)

everlast1986

The Raconteurs perform Nancy Sinatra classic *DOPE SHIT*
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=voKyhX6e7mo

I love this cover. It reminds me of some classic '70's rock n roll. I saw these guys open for Dylan about a month ago.

Throwback

Re: The Raconteurs perform Nancy Sinatra classic *DOPE SHIT*
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:10:08 PM »
i like the raconteurs.

Tha_Blaq_Sinattra

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:13:27 PM »
Yea, they're tight. And who likes Army of Anyone?

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:49:33 PM »
Personally, I felt like the singer did an awful job and the song shouldn't have had any drums, just like the original.

Nah. Basically this just sucked to me, front to back. Maybe it's because I love and respect the original too much :P

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »
Part of me has to first say, the only reason you people even know that song is because Quentin used it. 

Second, I saw Jack White perform with teh Raconteurs on Austin City Limits last week, they did this song with Jack singing it, it was great!

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 09:26:35 PM »
Part of me has to first say, the only reason you people even know that song is because Quentin used it. 

Second, I saw Jack White perform with teh Raconteurs on Austin City Limits last week, they did this song with Jack singing it, it was great!

Jack White IS a part of the raconteurs, its his side project, he's not some feature.  Its like you followed a no0b bashing statement with a completely no0b statement of your own.

anyone hear the White Stripes cover of Tegan and Sara's "Walking With a Ghost"

-KIDRENEGADE-

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 04:24:04 AM »

global warming :grumpy:

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:46:55 AM »

My parents happen to be stuck in the past, and I bet I'm not the only one!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
musically it was cool, but i didnt really like the whole yelling thing

everlast1986

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 02:06:39 PM »

Jack White IS a part of the raconteurs, its his side project, he's not some feature.  Its like you followed a no0b bashing statement with a completely no0b statement of your own.

anyone hear the White Stripes cover of Tegan and Sara's "Walking With a Ghost"

I haven't heard their version of that song but thats an awesome song by Tegan and Sara.

I didn't really dig Jack White or The White Stripes until i saw Jack and The Raconteurs in concert last month but i bought the White Blood Cells album by The White Stripes and its amazing.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 02:11:40 PM »
I heard it randomly on the radio a month ago and ive been trying to find it online but no use.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 10:10:07 PM »
On Austin City Limits, it was billed as "Jack White & the Racounters" like it was a collabo.  My fucking bad.  The band has been out less than a year, I wasn't aware of it.

Nancy Sinatra on the other hand has been around forever, but none of yall are going around playing vinyl of Something Stupid.  My ignorance of Jack White's latest side project doesn't equate to an ignorance of Nancy Sinatra... sorry. 

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
On Austin City Limits, it was billed as "Jack White & the Racounters" like it was a collabo.  My fucking bad.  The band has been out less than a year, I wasn't aware of it.

Nancy Sinatra on the other hand has been around forever, but none of yall are going around playing vinyl of Something Stupid.  My ignorance of Jack White's latest side project doesn't equate to an ignorance of Nancy Sinatra... sorry. 
apology accepted.

-KIDRENEGADE-