Author Topic: mellowman  (Read 755 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: mellowman
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
Well, I don't know if dude is legit or not.  I just know that I could have written the exact same essays on how much of a genius Dre was, and how incredible detox is gonna be, and how dope it's gonna sound in surround sound.  But why would dude get butthurt and leave if people questioned if he was authentic or not?  Does he think people blindly believe half the shit that is said on these boards?

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
I'm 99% sure I figured out through all the context clues who Mellowman was.  There were about 3 things that proved it to me, at first it was just a lucky guess but about a year ago he slipped up and said something that confirmed it to me.  I always knew dude was legit though, all you fucking potheads missed all the shit he said that later proved true because your short term memory is all fucked up. 

Alright, then tell us exactly what did he EVER say that came to be true? What did he ever tell us that we didn't already know?
All he did was write extended essays about things we already knew or could probably already assume. I remember him telling us that Rakim probably won't come out and that Dre is tired of all the beef with 50 and Game. He would always tell us shit that any moron with half a brain could probably figure out.

southbound

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Take it DEEP!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »
Alright, then tell us exactly what did he EVER say that came to be true? What did he ever tell us that we didn't already know?

didnt he mention that snoop was going to see the dr. before anybody knew bout it? seems to me he did mention it in one of his last posts.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 02:40:09 AM »

didnt he mention that snoop was going to see the dr. before anybody knew bout it? seems to me he did mention it in one of his last posts.

I remember that - something about 'time for a certain uk-banned dogg to go see the doctor'.

Thing is though, Snoop mentioned in a rap that the doctor sold him three beats before that was posted so it's not completely conclusive proof of authenticity.

Then again, with dubcc being the premier west coast rap board it's not unrealistic for a lot of top producers and rappers to be reading and even posting here. Hell, we know Game and Snoop read from time to time.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »
dude was around when board was real small, kinda what separates him from the other celebs that have been interviewed. i see what you're saying though. -T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 01:21:28 PM »
I found a mellowman post that makes a good case for his validity, it's actual pretty damn specific and not just clever wording.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=13145.0

also, someone would have to have been doing a RIDICULOUS amount of research to make statements like the following:

guarantee he will use orchestra instruments like flutes, horns, cellos, other strings, and especially my favorite instrument the bad motherfuckin upright bass (which mike has played on tracks like phone tap, bitch please 1 and 2, bad guys always die and xzibits wash track "get fucked up with me").

for example^^^ so it's not like someone couldn't make such statements without knowing, but i mean, i think it unlikely that a fake would say such things. at the very least this cat has sat in on some AM sessions.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram