Author Topic: Suge Knight talks shit Part. 2; Death Row & Snoop. (HHC September 2000)  (Read 620 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Here’s a part of a interview in Hip Hop Connection, where he talks shit as always. I took out the most interesting part’s.
Here’s part 2; California Love, Death Row and Snoop plus some subliminal shots at??

Hip Hop Connection  September 2000. Suge knight Cover;
HHC;
What about ‘California Love’?
Suge Knight;
“That’s also a favourite. When we first did The Source Awards in New York most people from the West Coast didn’t go to New York and do shows like that. Dre was like; ‘I want to put a song together’. Dre did his verse by himself, but I said ‘Look, you know what this song is missing? It’s ‘Pac.’ The idea came because ‘Pac was just getting out of prison.”
HHC;
Did you have musical input in the label’s output?
Suge Knight;
“I had the majority of all the concepts and all the ideas. You can check this because the concepts and ideas that I had when we started on Death Row are still doing those things in 2000.”
HHC;
Where did your inspiration come from?
Suge Knight;
“It’s the difference between being from Compton and living in Compton. You can live in the ghetto and be in the house all day or you can be on the block, walking around knowing what’s going on and the people are really like. That’s the type of guy I was. So it would be easy for me to make those decisions about putting ‘Pac on a song with Dre, or what kind of car to be in the video.
   “When it came to Snoop, his name when he first started was Soopa Doopa and he was dressed with a Special Ed haircut and a black tie. When I took him on I said, ‘This is a gangster rap label, get your hair done, get some khakis’. The music, the wardrobe, the type of things we spoke about and the concepts we did where all my ideas. I never took credit for them because to me it wasn’t about saying, ‘Look at me’. My role was trying to take it worldwide and get it accepted by the mainstream.”
HHC;
Few people know you where so heavily involved in the music.
Suge Knight;
“Oh, definitely, you’ve got to really believe in it and be involved in it to lift it.”
HHC;
Don’t you want to rap yourself?
Suge Knight;
“No. You can’t be greedy, if you’re a person who does music then you’re going to keep the best tracks for yourself and then the artist is going to be cut short. My whole concept was to behind the scenes and let these guys be the stars. Rappers, singers and producers can never promote other great artists because they’re so busy wanting to be stars themselves.”

Here’s a link to another thread where he talks some shit about N.W.A;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=132281.0

Here’s a link to another thread where he talks some shit about Ronin Ro;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=132284.0

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 02:36:00 AM by RAIDErs of the lost ark »

boss of the west

• 'G'
Re: Suge Knight talks shit Part. 2; Death Row & Snoop. (HHC September 2000)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 03:44:20 AM »
REAL TALK BLOOD HE WAS AND IS STILL A BITCH FAKE AS LONG BEACH NGGAS AINT FUCKIN WIT BOMTON!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »
bet thats bollocks, and u^ shut the fuck up

boss of the west

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:57 AM »
bet thats bollocks, and u^ shut the fuck up
no it aint u fuckin bitch! do u sniff coke too like yo gay gangsta crip snoop! yall suck each other off everyday

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
i think you got suge's cock too far up your arse buddy.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
who cares about all this.