Author Topic: been drinking way too much soda  (Read 379 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: been drinking way too much soda
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »
h2o is the way to go. fuck that soda shit, id rather havea beer or some green tea.

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »
goddamn!  that is crazy!  I hate soda.  only time I ever drink it is if it is a whiskey and coke.  I probably haven't drinking the equivalent of a 12 pack of soda w/o alchohol in it my entire life

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
I can feel the shit on my teeth after I drink it.
Tom Gotti's sister feels shit on her teeth often, but it's not soda :)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:13:11 PM »
diabetes from too much soda??? Im done  :-\
I drink way too much pepsi yo

The Best of 3 Worlds

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
You should just go pick up some Hi - C.

Throwback

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
blegh. soda. i gets stomache-aches from those.

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 07:18:12 PM »
Health effects

One study concluded that fructose "produced significantly higher fasting plasma triacylglycerol values than did the glucose diet in men" and "if plasma triacylglycerols are a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, then diets high in fructose may be undesirable"[7]. Bantle et al. "noted the same effects in a study of 14 healthy volunteers who sequentially ate a high-fructose diet and one almost devoid of the sugar." [3]

A study in mice suggests that fructose increases obesity.[8] However, this study looked at the effects of fructose alone, and since high fructose corn syrup, like ordinary table sugar, is only about half fructose and half glucose, some may say they tell us very little about the relative health effects of high fructose corn syrup as opposed to other sweeteners. These same people must argue that the added sucrose somehow cancels out the reported negative effects of fructose intake. No such study has shown this cancellation happens.

One much-publicized recent study found an association between obesity and high HFCS consumption, especially from soft drinks.[9] However, this study did not provide any evidence that this association is causal. And in fact, one of the study coauthors, Dr. Barry M. Popkin, is quoted in the New York Times (July 2, 2006, A Sweetener With a Bad Rap) warning that “I don't think there should be a perception that high-fructose corn syrup has caused obesity until we know more.” Most experts would agree that, in terms of obesity-related physiology, HFCS is no better or worse than sucrose. In the same article, Walter Willets, chair of the nutrition deperatment of the Harvard School of Public Health Nutrition Department Chairman, is quoted as saying that “There's no substantial evidence to support the idea that high-fructose corn syrup is somehow responsible for obesity,” and that “If there was no high-fructose corn syrup, I don't think we would see a change in anything important.” In essence he is saying high fructose corn syrup is just as bad as other sugars. Walter Willets also recommends drinking water over soft drinks containing sugars or high fructose corn syrup.[10]
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
^ Damn. Stick to the juice ya'll! Shit.

WestCoasta

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
I'm just gonna kick back on the sodas my neegz, the world needs a guy like me

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »
Water will get you ripped and make you feel healthy and ya skin will look better. Once you get a taste for it you will like the pureness of it. I don't really like soda too much anymore. I like the crisp taste of certain waters. Fiji water and Evian is some crisp tasting water when I feel like being a pimp and buying 2$ waters.

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 06:02:35 AM »
Pour acid on your car. Wake up the next morning and watch the paint all rused and chipped. That's what soda does to your stomach. ;D
true, take a bowl wit coke and leave a steak on it, next 2 days not even a inch of it is there, fun point is i still drink waaay too much coke everyday

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Chief

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »
i normally have about 2 cans a day of pepsi max (no sugar pepsi..), spaced out with a few glasses of water. if i have too much i started getting a headache

problem with pepsi max and diet coke etc is they have artificial sweeteners, which are just as bad if not worse than sugar.

^ Damn. Stick to the juice ya'll! Shit.

alot of juice also has a bunch of sugar in it, plus OJ can fuck your teethe up.

cold filtered water is the shit, especially when you start exersizing, nothing beats water.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
Juicy Juice is all safe. ;D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »
i normally have about 2 cans a day of pepsi max (no sugar pepsi..), spaced out with a few glasses of water. if i have too much i started getting a headache

problem with pepsi max and diet coke etc is they have artificial sweeteners, which are just as bad if not worse than sugar.

The artificial sweeteners Aspartame and Saccharin both cause cancer if consumed long term.

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 12:13:19 PM »

The artificial sweeteners Aspartame and Saccharin both cause cancer if consumed long term.
I think they can cause brain damage if consumed by young children.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE